• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Dragon Ball Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are definitely not giving the Monster Carrot 5-C durability. Remember, Pilaf Saga Goku beat him up.
5-C Pilaf Saga Goku confirmed? 👀 So what's this feat considered then? Because the feat is mentioned on his profile, so I'm assuming it's not considered an outlier.

If gag feats are valid, then shouldn't Goku also have Self-Sustenance and Resistance to Extreme Cold & Radiation Manipulation for taking them to the moon in the first place?

5-C Pilaf Saga Goku confirmed? 👀 So what's this feat considered then? Because the feat is mentioned on his profile, so I'm assuming it's not considered an outlier.
just give him a second key and give it to him , it's been an entire arc since he lost to goku

If gag feats are valid, then shouldn't Goku also have Self-Sustenance and Resistance to Extreme Cold & Radiation Manipulation for taking them to the moon in the first place?
Pilaf Saga Goku having Resistance to Extreme Cold is contradicted by a snowy tundra being insufferable for Red Ribbon Army Saga Goku. He definitely would not have Self-Sustenance. Not even Super Goku can survive in outer space, something Vegeta explicitly pointed out.

Monster Carrot already has ''possibly far higher'' mentioned on his profile due to this feat, so I guess that works as well. A second key is possible, but is it necessary for a single feat?

Pilaf Saga Goku having Resistance to Extreme Cold is contradicted by a snowy tundra being insufferable for Red Ribbon Army Saga Goku. He definitely would not have Self-Sustenance. Not even Super Goku can survive in outer space, something Vegeta explicitly pointed out.
Wouldn't that kinda mitigate the validity of Goku taking them to the moon entirely?

I don't see why we would ignore certain things like the main cast clearly not being able to survive in space or even withstand cold temperatures, but then say he has planetary range with the Power Pole, seems like cherry picking to me, but I'm not sure how gag feats work here at all so maybe it's fine.

that was mostly toyotaro being stupid

Maybe Goku hold he's breathing going to the moon
That wouldn't really do anything, he'd still suffer the negative effects of being in outer space even if he holds his breath.

There's also the thing Nullflowerblush mentioned above about how Goku can't even withstand being in a snowy tundra but is apparently fine with traveling through space.

Wouldn't that kinda mitigate the validity of Goku taking them to the moon entirely?

I don't see why we would ignore certain things like the main cast clearly not being able to survive in space or even withstand cold temperatures, but then say he has planetary range with the Power Pole, seems like cherry picking to me, but I'm not sure how gag feats work here at all so maybe it's fine.
DB Goku having Self-Sustenance and Resistance to Cold Temperatures are contradicted in later chapters. The Nyoi-Bo extending to the moon isn't. Toriyama even stated that the Nyoi-Bo can extend 380,000 kilometers in an interview.

DB Goku having Self-Sustenance and Resistance to Cold Temperatures are contradicted in later chapters. The Nyoi-Bo extending to the moon isn't. Toriyama even stated that the Nyoi-Bo can extend 380,000 kilometers in an interview.
I don't have a problem with him having planetary range, I just think it's cherry picking to ignore 80% of the gag feat but allow that, but if Toriyama reiterated it in an interview then it should be fine.

The most likely scenario is that Toriyama simply did not look into the logistics of the event, which is a fair assumption given Toriyama was not going for a sci-fi action story like Dragon Ball is now. The only reason Saiyans being unable to survive in space without something like a spacesuit (DBZ Ep. 50, DBS Ch. 49, Return of Cooler, etc.) is only brought up in Z-onward and is because it's only relevant in those series.

I don't have a problem with him having planetary range, I just think it's cherry picking to ignore 80% of the gag feat but allow that, but if Toriyama reiterated it in an interview then it should be fine.
Fair enough.

So far it seems like most agree with the additions except for Moon level Durability for Monster Carrot.

The Monster Carrot thing was just some gag minimoon and not the real moon; not the same one destroyed by Roshi. So against planetary range and moon level durability. Tien's feat was more like his telekinesis was much stronger than the Super Dodon Ray. Neutral about 4th wall awareness, but this could also be like a pseudo precognition. Similar to how he predicted that King Piccolo will never achieve his goal when he was speaking his last words before he died. But the Krillin and Chiaotzu stuff are good.

Agreed with Goku,Krillen and Chiaotzu I am a bit iffy about Roshi and hard disagree with Tien recieving powernull because Tao States he neutralized it with a kiai which is basically a invincible ki blast

So against planetary range and moon level durability.
Toriyama did state that the Nyoi-Bo can extend at least 380,000 kilometers, so I think that should at least give him planetary range.
Neutral about 4th wall awareness, but this could also be like a pseudo precognition. Similar to how he predicted that King Piccolo will never achieve his goal when he was speaking his last words before he died.
That might be a possibility, though it seems like he's specifically telling the audience here.

Tien's feat was more like his telekinesis was much stronger than the Super Dodon Ray.
hard disagree with Tien recieving powernull because Tao States he neutralized it with a kiai which is basically a invincible ki blast
How would it be telekinesis? Also, a Kiai Cannon is specified to be an invisible ki blast, but what Tien and Goku used is called ''Kiai Extinguisher''. It is stated to be a technique where you ''extinguish a ki manipulation-type attack merely by firing a kiai.'' A scanlater also translated Tao Pai Pai's line as ''You cancelled out the Super Dodonpa with just a karate yell.''

The Roshi thing is only present in the Viz release of the manga, along with other references to Dragon Ball Z in the narration.

How would it be telekinesis? Also, a Kiai Cannon is specified to be an invisible ki blast, but what Tien and Goku used is called ''Kiai Extinguisher''. It is stated to be a technique where you ''extinguish a ki manipulation-type attack merely by firing a kiai.'' A scanlater also translated Tao Pai Pai's line as ''You cancelled out the Super Dodonpa with just a karate yell.''
Karate yell sounds like sound manipulation anyway it's not power null he is cancelling the attack with another attack

The Roshi thing is only present in the Viz release of the manga, along with other references to Dragon Ball Z in the narration.
I've found his line in the Kanzenban and official colored version as well. Google translate translates his lines roughly the same as Viz.

Goku beat them easily. Plus his minions are literally normal humans. Them surviving in the vacuum of the space and the moon's destruction is quite blatantly a gag feat not meant to be taken seriously. Hard no. And since the entire feat is considered to be gag, due to Goku also being able to survive in the vacuum of space, which we know he is not capable of, we discard the range too.

As somebody else mentioned, Tien used his own energy to cancel it out. I mean, they can cancel out energy attacks using their own energy attacks, which is kind of mollification, but that's basic, and not what the nullification power entails.

I think many characters were used throughout the manga to talk with the viewers at the end of chapters and whatnot. I disagree with such a usage to be treated as fourth wall breaking.

Rest seems fine.

And since the entire feat is considered to be gag, due to Goku also being able to survive in the vacuum of space, which we know he is not capable of, we discard the range too.
Whether you consider Goku bringing them to the moon is a gag feat or not is quite irrelevant, because Toriyama has literally stated that the Nyoi-Bo can extend at least 380,000 kilometers. That's planetary range regardless.

As somebody else mentioned, Tien used his own energy to cancel it out. I mean, they can cancel out energy attacks using their own energy attacks, which is kind of mollification, but that's basic, and not what the nullification power entails.
Obviously he used some sort of energy. That doesn't contradict or refute it being Power Nullification. There's a huge difference between merely cancelling out an attack with your energy, and using a technique that's specifically designed to existinguish your opponent's ki manipulation-type attack.

I think many characters were used throughout the manga to talk with the viewers at the end of chapters and whatnot. I disagree with such a usage to be treated as fourth wall breaking.
So...breaking the fourth wall is not enough to get "breaking the fourth wall" mentioned on one's profile? That's strange.

Last edited:
Obviously he used some sort of energy. That doesn't contradict or refute it being Power Nullification. There's a huge difference between merely cancelling out an attack with your energy, and using a technique that's specifically designed to existinguish your opponent's ki manipulation-type attack.
Tien shouted and released a kiai which destroyed the attack.
Goku shouted and released a kiai which destroyed the attack.
The Daizenshuu states that the user uses a kiai to extinguish an attack.

That would be like saying a larger energy blast engulfing a smaller energy blast and cancelling it out is Power Nullification.

Shouldn't we only discard something if it has anti-feats
Yeah well about that
Giving monster carrot moon lvl durability means giving Goku Self-Sustenance which as we know is not the case and also monster carrot got beat by kid Goku so the durability feat doesn't make any sense
And as for Tien's powernull considering the scans op has provided it's more of an attack as it's been referred to as shout or yell so maybe sound manipulation

Yeah well about that
Giving monster carrot moon lvl durability means giving Goku Self-Sustenance which as we know is not the case and also monster carrot got beat by kid Goku so the durability feat doesn't make any sense
And as for Tien's powernull considering the scans op has provided it's more of an attack as it's been referred to as shout or yell so maybe sound manipulation
I'm mostly talking about for the power pole.

Goku self -sustence has a anti feat.
In powernull is whatever to me.

Tien shouted and released a kiai which destroyed the attack.
Goku shouted and released a kiai which destroyed the attack.
The Daizenshuu states that the user uses a kiai to extinguish an attack.

That would be like saying a larger energy blast engulfing a smaller energy blast and cancelling it out is Power Nullification.
Except, again, this is not an energy blast or attack. It's a specific technique that allows its user to cancel out their opponent's attack. That's quits literally what Power Nullification is.

it's more of an attack as it's been referred to as shout or yell
That doesn't make it an attack... and look at the context of the fight this technique has been used in. Both time Goku and Tien would take the attack head on, and then use this technique to nullify its effect.

Except, again, this is not an energy blast or attack. It's a specific technique that allows its user to cancel out their opponent's attack.
"W-with a kiai—a shout—he n-neutralized the Super Dodon-pa!!!"
"A technique where you extinguish a ki manipulation-type attack by firing a kiai."
"He blew it away... with chi alone!!" / "He... cancelled it out with a ki-ai shout...!"

Every example of this technique points out the fact that a kiai is used.

Agree with Power Pole range. Despite it being a gag feat, it's important to note that that aspect of the feat is meant to be taken at face value as Akira Toriyama reiterates later that yes, the power pole can extend to 380,000km. Even if you forego the gag, it's been confirmed in a non joking manner to be able to extend that distance. And given the lack of any contradictions.

I see zero issue with it.

"W-with a kiai—a shout—he n-neutralized the Super Dodon-pa!!!"
"A technique where you extinguish a ki manipulation-type attack by firing a kiai."
"He blew it away... with chi alone!!" / "He... cancelled it out with a ki-ai shout...!"

Every example of this technique points out the fact that a kiai is used.
The mechanisms by which this effect is accomplished and their restrictions vary from character to character, but the ability is often limited to a certain type of power, such as supernatural phenomena in general, or magic.
A Kiai being used doesn't contradict or refute it being Power Nullification. It's a very specific Kiai [technique] that's only used to cancel out their opponent's attack. Again, that's quite literally what Power Nullification is.
Power Nullification, or Negation, is the ability to simply nullify the powers and abilities of others, negating their effects.
Are they nullifying the powers of others? Yes.
Are they using a specific technique to do so? Also yes.
They're not stopping the attack due to being stronger, nor are they overpowering it with an even stronger attack, so I don't really see the issue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back