• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Arceus revisions (and some thing(s) for the CT/LT)

well, I don'tthink giratina's stronger than Dialga and Palkia, because in "the battle finale of legend" many of Ash's pokemon broke the red chains as well. Perhaps being controlled by the power is harder to break out of than if someone not being controlled breaks you out.

Ambrosia and duck sauce said:
well, I don'tthink giratina's stronger than Dialga and Palkia, because in "the battle finale of legend" many of Ash's pokemon broke the red chains as well. Perhaps being controlled by the power is harder to break out of than if someone not being controlled breaks you out.
and said pokemons had momentarely stopped a time roar from dialga seconds before ovo, it's just one of the many PIS of the anime

@Kal

1,3) Looking at all the characters listed under Abstract Exisrenfd, and so few of them actually portray that characteristic that the rule is basically wrong. Legitimately only the SDGL and the tier 1s. However, iirc, it is stated that the Distortion World and Giratina are tied together. Besides, we agreed years (well...year) ago that they were the concepts themselves rather than embodiments. TBH, I don't even know where the distinction between the two began.

5) See, I'd be fine with that, but I'm fully expecting people to just group it with the run-of-the-mill reality warping and ignore it, when the way it's worded makes it seem otherwise. Besides, I've seen vaguer.

9) Agreed

@Cal

Btw, just real quick does my comment on Arceus and the CT doing casual physical, mental and spiritual destruction make sense? Kaltias seems okay with it.

@Cal

1)I mean, the point is that their relationship with their respective concept seems like "this dies when I do". Not "I won't die until this does"

Take Dialga for example. If its heart stopped beating, time wouldn't flow anymore. So basically, time is Dialga's blood for analogy purpose.

While it's true that "as long as i'm alive my blood flows trough the body" it isn't true that as long as the blood is flowing you can't die.

5) Yeah I know. But I don't know how to classify it

Dialga doesn't live in the Distortion World, unless i'm missing something.

Kaltias said:
Dialga doesn't live in the Distortion World, unless i'm missing something.
i think kukui is talking about the moment in the film when giratina brings dialga to the distortion world

Ok, but the point is that it seems that time relies on Dialga in order to flow, opposed to Dialga relying on time flowing in order to stay alive

In that case I agree with Arceus being resistant via Ice Plate, but not having AZ attacks himself

>To be fair, time already doesnt flow in the distortion world so part of this shouldnt be true.

My dyde don't make me grab the like 10 screencap I have proving that not to be the case. Ya best drop that before we go into distortion world 2: the electric awakening co starring Newton 2015 edition.

Sheer Cold's original name is Absolute Zero.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sheer_Cold_(move)

Games Description
RSE A chilling attack that causes fainting if it hits.
FRLG The foe is attacked with ultimate cold that causes fainting if it hits.
Colo.
XD

A chilling attack that causes fainting if it hits.
DPPtHGSS
PBR

The foe is attacked with a blast of absolute-zero cold. The foe instantly faints if it hits.
BWB2W2 The target is attacked with a blast of absolute-zero cold. The target instantly faints if it hits.
XYORAS The target is attacked with a blast of absolute-zero cold. The target faints instantly if this attack hits.
SM The target faints instantly. It's less likely to hit the target if it's used by Pokémon other than Ice types.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
>To be fair, time already doesnt flow in the distortion world so part of this shouldnt be true.

My dyde don't make me grab the like 10 screencap I have proving that not to be the case. Ya best drop that before we go into distortion world 2: the electric awakening co starring Newton 2015 edition.
Neo already proved the distortion and reverse worlds arent the same anyway so this doesnt matter.

Kaltias said:
@Neo
Yes, I know, I was talking about Subzero Slammer.
I don't think so. Unless it can be used with Sheer Cold. Then only Sheer Cold versions are.

Both revolve around changing ideas/concepts.

Reformatting the idea of someone/something is changing its concept. Changing the ideas of the universe is changing its concepts.

This would be more similar to the Adventure TRI Reboot. which would serve to erase the concept of Infected Digimon, but proved flawed against it just to follow Yggdrasil's willingness to bring all Digimon back to life :v

The real cal howard said:
Both revolve around changing ideas/concepts.
Reformatting the idea of someone/something is changing its concept. Changing the ideas of the universe is changing its concepts.
Reformat is more of High level Information Manpulation + Power Null/Removal.

High level information manipulation is conceptual manipulation, bro XD.

(No, I'm not saying change Ygg's thing to conceptual manipulation. Just saying that the page for info manipulation correlates high level of it to concept manipulation)

the question of reformatting a being is complicated, there is the same problem with star seed manip, Anyway it might need a page or others.

Being a nean does not necessarily give Mid Godly, at best abstract existance

Right, I almost forgot about my main point. Thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, yes. Being nothingness should grant that kind of regen. Anything under Mid-Godly shouldn't affect you, as your body isn't made of things that would be affected (ex: destroying your atoms wouldn't matter as your physical form was made from literally nothing) and erasing to nothingness, ergo requiring Mid-Godly regen, shouldn't matter to someone who is that.

I mean, its pretty vague from the start.

Dont get me wrong, if there was another source explaining that the egg was born from chaos/nothingness, I'd gladly support the whole Arceus being made of said substance and therefore Mid godly regen on the spot.

However, its too vague for an actual upgrade, I believe.

The real cal howard said:
@PaChi. I mean...there's the Sm4sh trophy...
That's pushing it tbh. One thing is making composite files with manga/tcg/games/anime, crossovers are no-no in my book. Except for Dissidia cuz its legit canon.

I put the 3 dots there for a reason. They're basically me saying "but..." I knew it was pushing it.

Yeah, I know you knew it.

But, on the bright side, I suggest we simply wait. We will have those glorious Gen 4 remakes. There we will probably have an expanded mythos and a lot of stuff regarding the lake trio, creation trio and our overlord Llamagod.

Back