• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soloer of Naruto and One Piece Revision (Charlotte Chuhlhourne Abilities Addition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte Chuhlhourne

Breath Attack and Limited Air Manipulation (Charlotte’s screams generate enough force to send out a blast of condensed air) (Chapter 320: Page 12)

Limited Smoke Manipulation (Charlotte’s Resurreccion creates a wall of smoke when activated) (Chapter 320: Pages 18-19)

Plant Manipulation (Rosa Blanca creates a large, white flower behind Charlotte, after the creation of this flower it starts to generate a mass of black thorns which intertwin and interlock with each other. Closing off Charlotte and his opponent from the previous battlefield, into a prison of thorns) (Chapter 321: Pages 12-13)

Voting:

Agree -

Disagree -

Neutral -

Last edited:
If it’s just air being bellowed I can see that, but what if there’s like energy or whatever mixed into it

Description of Breath Attack is:

Breath attacks are abilities or moves that are projected as breath from the character's mouth. There can be many types of Breath Attacks, whether it be fire, ice, energy, plasma, acid, poison, or otherwise.

While sound obviously comes from the user's mouth, I don't think it's typically projected like the other examples.

Unless there is precedent for it on the profiles.

While sound obviously comes from the user's mouth, I don't think it's typically projected like the other examples.

So basically as long as it’s more than just them projecting their voice it’s good?

I think you might be misinterpreting what's being proposed in the OP.

The Breath Attack isn't being proposed because of the sound generated by Charlotte's voice, but rather, the air pressure generated by the force of Charlotte's screams. And we do give people Breath Attack for creating air pressure with their voice/breath. The biggest example i can think of would be Superman with his Super Breath.

Also the way it's projected from one's mouth doesn't really matter, the ability isn't contingent on that, it just needs to be projected from one's mouth in the first place to gain the ability. Like if someone spat out a glob of acid instead of a continuous stream of it, that would still be considered as Breath Attack, such examples of that being true would include characters like Acidwire and The Demi-Hollow.

Eh, a lot of these abilities I'm not really sure need adding since they're flare for the most part. Like the shout, it doesn't really do any damage or provide anything that I would think makes it index worthy on the profile, same with the smoke.

That said:

Breath Attack/Limited Air manipulation I think is fine, sound manipulation I'd give a no since the shout on its own is just someone screaming with force and the air manipulation makes sound manipulation redundant.

Limited Smoke Manipulation is also fine.

I don't agree with creation since all he's creating is a plant and that can be covered with plant manipulation just fine without redundancy. Like how we wouldn't give someone who blasts fire, creation and fire manipulation. And the plant manipulation shouldn't be limited because the power we're shown just isn't hyper-specific enough or limited enough to qualify I believe.

Eh, a lot of these abilities I'm not really sure need adding since they're flare for the most part. Like the shout, it doesn't really do any damage or provide anything that I would think makes it index worthy on the profile, same with the smoke.
If these are abilities he has, he needs them on his profile, regardless if you consider them "flare" or not.

Breath Attack/Limited Air manipulation I think is fine, sound manipulation I'd give a no since the shout on its own is just someone screaming with force and the air manipulation makes sound manipulation redundant.

Limited Smoke Manipulation is also fine.

I don't agree with creation since all he's creating is a plant and that can be covered with plant manipulation just fine without redundancy. Like how we wouldn't give someone who blasts fire, creation and fire manipulation. And the plant manipulation shouldn't be limited because the power we're shown just isn't hyper-specific enough or limited enough to qualify I believe.
I'm fine with these changes.

If these are abilities he has, he needs them on his profile, regardless if you consider them "flare" or not.
Going by that logic, we'd give all the power rangers explosion manipulation cause of their transformations, or give nearly everyone in bleach Shockwave Generation or smoke manipulation cause they release burst of power whenever they transform or get obscured by smoke. They don't need them cause they do nothing nor serve any real purpose in their stories besides looking cool.

Going by that logic, we'd give all the power rangers explosion manipulation cause of their transformations, or give nearly everyone in bleach Shockwave Generation or smoke manipulation cause they release burst of power whenever they transform or get obscured by smoke. They don't need them cause they do nothing nor serve any real purpose in their stories besides looking cool.
We should, because those are abilities they have, regardless if they're practical or not. We don't give out abilities dependent on their usefulness in combat Duedate, as a mod you should know this.

Pm what deceived is saying, if we took the opposite approach it’d be like saying “well character X is only regular human level AP, we shouldn’t make that since that’s useless in fights”. It’s less a matter of “this ability can for sure win him fights” and more of a matter of “let’s accurately represent these characters in their entirety”.

Arc, that's a standard for the sight you're describing actually. Characters who are essentially just people, normally aren't to be indexed because of their lack of notability. We have it so that you must meet three entire criteria in order to be weak and indexed.

Low-powered characters are allowed to be featured here as long as the characters come from popular/notable verses that are overall worthy of indexing, they are important to their stories, and the profiles are reliable and well-made,
That mindset does extend towards powers as well. We're not all about "representing characters in their entirety" cause representing characters in their entirety can and does lead to bloat on profiles, and at a certain point, it's really just fluff.

Arc, that's a standard for the sight you're describing actually. Characters who are essentially just people, normally aren't to be indexed because of their lack of notability. We have it so that you must meet three entire criteria in order to be weak and indexed.
You’re entirely missing my point 🗿 and this is just false cuz we do index tier 10 characters. Regardless, just because an ability isn’t combat applicable doesn’t mean it can’t be indexed. So if your gripe is still “well that wouldn’t really be combat applicable”, that isn’t a valid gripe.

That mindset does extend towards powers as well. We're not all about "representing characters in their entirety" cause representing characters in their entirety can and does lead to bloat on profiles, and at a certain point, it's really just fluff.

I think Duedate has a fair point here.

When adding powers, I think it's important not to get too carried away. When a character has Fire Manipulation on their profile for example, we don't necessarily add in Light Manipulation, Ash Manipulation, and Smoke Manipulation too (since all those things as byproducts of fire), unless there is good reason to include them.

Not saying that is what is happening here exactly, but it's just an example of not taking indexing too far. I can understand if other users have different viewpoints on that however.

Well since the allot amount of time has passed, and three mods with evaluation rights agree with my minor thread, i'll add the changes now.

Edit: Changes have been made, this thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back