• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So, The One Above All isn't Tier 0 anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargoo Faust said:
When SCP has more power consistency than you, a collaborative internet writing site, you know you're doing something wrong.
Hell I think venturiantale has more consistency.

HOLY SHIT? TOAA NO LONGER 0?

I expected this to happen to Writer before him, and I prefer Writer. Is this just PIS like @Generic said? This is pretty big.

Isn't the editorial staff shown in the first pages representing TOAA? Couldn't this mean that TOAA is controlling everything behind the scenes and that this simply was not revealed yet? I think it is still premature to downgrade TOOA.

I really, really want to call this PIS but it looks like its going to be a major plotpoint that will alter the cosmology and cause power levels to wank and downplay out of control.

Dargoo Faust said:
I really, really want to call this PIS but it looks like its going to be a major plotpoint that will alter the cosmology and cause power levels to wank and downplay out of control.
EVERY MARVEL CHARACTER'S POWER DECREASES

Something even TOAA fails to do? Welp!

Starlin does this all the damn time, he always wants Thanos to become the strongest ever, when Living Tribunal was the top dog for the entirety of Marvel he had Thanos absorb him with the HOTU.

I would honestly place the whole of the statements by Brevoort and the interpretation of writers used from the start, with Ben Grimm being revived and the other uses that were given to TOAA, as the actual interpretation for TOAA. Even then, it was stablished many times that the graphic novels made by Starlin had no influence on the standard Marvel universes... but then they had the Living Tribunal be replaced by the new one. It's a mess and honestly it makes me dislike Starlin a lot more, no one can be stronger than Thanos apparently.

I was about to say it does seem like the new comics and the Thanks spinoffs are directly connected now due to the new LT connecting to Ultimates, then sharing the same canon as this one.... It's a mess to say the least.

Cosmic comic stories have gotten really state, huh. I legitimately can't tell the difference between half the Marvel ones at this point because they all sound the same.

I hope Tier 0 is just merged with 1-A, if it hasn't been already. When something is Tier 0, then it's discussed to death with every little thing used as evidence to debunk it.

@Dark

Tier 0 is getting redefined as High Outerversal level and getting merged with High 1-A, although we're still calling it Tier 0 from the looks of it.

I can see why below Tier 0 One Above All is so hard to accept. That literally contradicts the very concept of the character

It could be the case... And it does make sense that people will refuse it due to former portrayals. But based solely on this comic it seems likely he'll be downgraded.... Unless something directly contradicts it.

If it was non canon it could be brushed off... But if it's canon it cannot simply be brushed aside. We need to check to see if this is consistent after the fact.... That's it. I'm not saying we downgrade him now , I'm saying be cautious and attentive to see how consistent this becomes afterwards.

Not really. It's what a retcon specifically is. They give an excuse to why canon doesn't hold up anymore, and why his only "omnipotent" in specific circumstances.

To be fair, we've always just assumed the One Above all is Omnipotent, he doesn't really have any showings besides being above all the other characters in the verse, with the strongest one being baseline 1-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back