• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Threads

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
646082371992420365.png

So yeah, I'm retiring from my position as staff on the site. People who have contact with me on discord might find this unsurprising, although this might come as a shock to those who aren't familiar with what I've been up to since I went radio silent on the forum proper for a while. I was thinking about just dropping a "bye lol" post and not saying much, but I have enough respect for the site to give a few words before I head off.

Why?​

Well, this part's pretty simple.

I took two breaks from my activity here over the course of this year. In the duration of both, I noticed that I was enjoying myself more thoroughly and had more time for productive hobbies and work and kept on delaying my return to business a usual on the site.

Since this is a hobby for me, when it stopped being fun, I immediately began to question why I still dumped so much time into it, and when I realized that question didn't have that many satisfying answers, I decided to drop the hobby. So eh, this is me doing that. No big dramatic reveal, no general distaste for the site (although I do think that the site can be improved in nearly every aspect with an ample amount of self-awareness), no IRL business keeping me occupied. Everything's good on my end, I just stopped enjoying myself here.

Okay, but you'll still be active here?​

Probably not. The same stuff that made me dislike being staff here recently also apply to general fare on the site, and I don't feel like I'll find myself doing anything other than progressively disagreeing with the state of things on the site if I went back to doing things regularly here.

What about [insert big revision I had planned here]?​

Can't think of anything on the site that requires me and me alone to get done. If there's a revision I was debating on before I dropped out of the wiki (i.e. Persona) just continue on as if I didn't make whatever arguments I made there, obviously I'm not coming back to finish the discussion.

As for other projects, I guess I can officially say the brackets are dead, unless someone wants to try making something of that mess?

Where will you still be active?​

I'm still doing battleboarding and other "who would win?"-type stuff infrequently on r/respecthreads and a number of small sub-communities of r/whowouldwin. I'm obviously still active on discord and I'll probably lurk around the VS Central discord complaining about the site like a ghost for eternity. If you want to reach me for uh, whatever reason, this site isn't the greatest for it anymore.

Acknowledgements​

• @SinsofMan - Very glad I met you on the site. You've been a kickass friend over DMs on Discord and I look forward to poking you about things in the future. Wish you best of luck with your writing endeavors as per usual.
  • @Agnaa - While I disagree with you on a bunch of opinionated nonsense on both our ends, I think you're probably one of the most chill debaters on the site. Never had a convo with you that didn't leave me questioning my own assumptions and opinions.
  • @Sir_Ovens - Keep up the great work on SCP. You've done a better job than most at cleaning up your own corner of the wiki.
  • @Wokistan - Is a chill dude, don't think I ever didn't feel like you weren't welcome in a discussion or a debate
  • @Promestein - You uphold a degree of accountability for our staff that I wish was far more commonplace on the site. I hope that you continue to be a very vital part of the HR team.
  • @Antvasima - Thanks for giving me the opportunity to mod here for as long as I did. Can't say I didn't have some fun while it lasted.

It's unfortunate to hear that, but for the little occasions in which I interacted with you, I say you're a nice person and you always made a good job, I especially liked the brackets, it was really fun and interesting.

I wish you the best of things, and come back any time, if you would ever change your mind!

Welp it is a real shame you ended up feeling that way, but good job/fair enough on making this choice once you realized those emotions.

It'll suck to see ya gone from here, with all the good work you did and all the good work you couldn't finish in time. Hopefully this kicks my ass into actually finishing a respect thread and hopping in on The Reddit stuff so our distance isn't eternal.

I am obviously very sad to hear this, given how important you have been for this community as a whole for a long time, but I accept your reasons for leaving.

Thanks a massive amount for all of your help over the years, and please take care of yourself. You are always welcome back to your old positions if you should change your mind.

Last edited:
Take care Dargoo

I do notice a couple of our most recent interactions were heavily rocky, but I still think you're going to be missed. While I can understand it's very stressful to feel like a giant minority, but at the same time. I at least acknowledge that unlike a plentiful of previous staff members as well as offsite people sharing viewpoints similar to yours, I can at least tell somewhere in there that the intentions are are least genuinely that of a good person who strongly believes what they're doing is right. Which is a lot more than I can say for some previous staff.

I hope life goes well with you; and I wouldn't mind talking offsite. Preferably stuff non related to Vs Debating or Battleboarding ect.

Damn, shame to see you gone Heatman, I didn't expect to see you gone honestly with all your plans for CRTs. I was waiting for the Cosmere stuff but I guess that will happen without you. While our path here diverges like two small rivers each going on their way, at some point they shall once again reunite in the ocean if so is fated (of course we'll meet again on discord like we usually do but I had to bring the deep words).
"Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.” My fellow cosmer-ian.

You were one of our best staff members, so your lost is truly a tragedy for the site. I know we'll keep in contact with each other, but not having you around will be rough. Goodbye Dargoo, you and your doggo will keep a place on here.

I'm reminded of the Kagerou Project calc you did where I first met yah before you became the abomination contributing member of society you are today. Cheers lad. Forge thy own path wayward soldier.

This was surprising to me I haven't been very active on vsbattle since past 3 days ya know watching anime and "some" stuff 😏 but coming back and reading this post really made me sad.
I can't change your mind but I wanna take this moment and say thank you ! Because of you I was able to learn certain formulas on discord, Every time I asked something you always responded to me clearing my doubts on any subject, you never hesitate to reply to me, I'm glad I was able to show my calculations to you and the fact you responded to me so often, Thanks Dargoo.

See ya. Still terrible at writing these sorts of posts and also been feeling that burnout myself, but yeah no point in doing something like this if it just isn't enjoyable anymore. We'll still end up interacting on the GDT and discord and shit, but no more on the site I guess. Looks like the spy ops are over.

Thanks for the shoutout in the OP

@Wokistan

If you are starting to feel burned out, please don't overtax yourself. Keep your engagement at a level that is sustainable in the long run.

Back