• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So about DBZ Kai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Saiyan God Julian said:
So what exactly has been accepted here?
Nothing has been accepted here. This has literally been discussed a bazillion times. The main canon is the original manga by Toriyama and his rough draft which is nothing but DBS anime and manga.

AKM sama said:
Super Saiyan God Julian said:
So what exactly has been accepted here?
Nothing has been accepted here. This has literally been discussed a bazillion times. The main canon is the original manga by Toriyama and his rough draft which is nothing but DBS anime and manga.
But AKM thats literally been debunked by Toriyama himself

AwkguyDB said:
Even Toriyama says Super is a continuation of the "Long Dragon Ball Anime Story."
"Dragon Ball Super" is a complete continuation of the Majin Boo story arc. It's got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the "Battle of Gods" arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the "Revival of 'F'" arc where Freeza comes back to life, and then, I've written a strange new story where they finally depart from this universe. They're fighting against their neighbors, Universe 6! They'll yell at me if I give away too many spoilers, so I'll keep the rest a secret, but they're chasing after giant Super Dragon Balls; I think things will unfold in a bright and simple way, that will be really fun and exciting!

Since it's another universe, loads of new characters will turn up. I'll do my best to draw the tons of character designs necessary, so I'm looking forward to this too.

You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a huge story'
. Since I'm the guy who drew the thing, it's a bit weird for me to say this, but when I first started out I never dreamed it would have a universe as a setting (laughs). Don't worry though, it's still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always. Please be sure to watch Dragon Ball Super on TV!

'source: https://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/07/01/dragon-ball-super-complete-showcase-event-reveals-series-plot/

""Dragon Ball Super" is a complete continuation of the Majin Boo story arc."

The line about how the DBZ anime was popular has no correlation to what he said two entire paragraphs above, that DBS is the continuation of his majin buu saga. Nothing in there has been said about DBS anime being a continuation to DBZ anime.

AKM sama said:
""Dragon Ball Super" is a complete continuation of the Majin Boo story arc."
The line about how the DBZ anime was popular has no correlation to what he said two entire paragraphs above, that DBS is the continuation of his majin buu saga. Nothing in there has been said about DBS anime being a continuation to DBZ anime.
That paragraph incorperates DBS as part of the "long story" the anime has been telling for years. Why would Toriyama suggest DBS the anime would continue the legacy of the Anime if it is a continuation of his manga? Toriyama's involvement with this continuation makes it clear he is continuing his role from the previous show and movies

Since it's another universe, loads of new characters will turn up. I'll do my best to draw the tons of character designs necessary, so I'm looking forward to this too.

Why Would Toriyama Premote His Manga Version And Not Toei's Anime Version For Viewers To Watch DBS The Anime?

I don't even know what kind of logic led to that interpretation.

"You know, it suddenly occurs to me that somewhere along the line the Dragon Ball anime has become quite a huge story'. Since I'm the guy who drew the thing, it's a bit weird for me to say this, but when I first started out I never dreamed it would have a universe as a setting (laughs). "

This paragraph is about Toriyama saying that DB anime blew up in the world and he did not expect it to become so popular. There is no statement about any continuity here. So it's completely moot.

""Dragon Ball Super" is a complete continuation of the Majin Boo story arc. It's got a bit of post-battle aftermath, continues with the "Battle of Gods" arc where the God of Destruction Beerus appears and the "Revival of 'F'" arc where Freeza comes back to life, and then, I've written a strange new story where they finally depart from this universe. They're fighting against their neighbors, Universe 6!"

And this one is about continuity where he basically says DBS anime is the continuation of Majin Buu story. A story that HE wrote and ties into HIS stories of BoG, RoF and U6 saga.

Literally nothing in that statement is about DBS anime being tied to Kai or whatever.

It's blatant information at this point that Toriyama writes rough drafts that are forwarded to both Toei and Toyo. The story of DBS which Toriyama writes is canon to his manga, but we don't have his rough draft. The next best thing is what is made of that rough draft therefore making both DBS anime and manga equally canon to his original manga.

Seriously, this has been answered multiple times in the past. I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back