• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SNK Pages. Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Isn't Orochi stronger than Verse? Does that mean Orochi gets upgraded to 6-C?
Nope, Orochi soul was easily captured by Verse when he escaped in King of Fighters 13.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Does that mean Orochi gets upgraded to 6-C?
You are right about 6-C Orochi, since in King of Fighters 97 when Orochi possessed Chris body he stated that he was weaker than his prime, but in that state he demostraded to be stronger than Goenitz and the three sacred treasures, but Orochi Iori was able to restrain him, even in that situation Orochi said to destroy Orochi Iori with his remaining power, Chizuru in that moment said that his power was still rising and became too strong, therefore they were able to seal him at the last moment. Later Awakened Saiki (Saiki + Mukai, the latter mananed to hold his own with the three sacred treasures), said that he planned to obtain Orochi power for himself, because he knowed how much strong that power is (even superior to his own). Orochi and Ambrosia are two snk deity's, so they should be not that different in power. This scales to Orochi, Verse and possibly Dark Ash (Since is Ash with two sacred trasures + Awakened Saiki)

Yeah I agree with this 6-C Orochi, Dark Ash and Verse seem reasonable. As long as this explaination is put on Orochi's profile.

At least High 7-A, possibly 6-C for AP is reasonable i will upgrade them after some minutes.

@Dark and Dragonmaster

Hey guys, shouldn't we include a "possibly higher" scale for Verse? From what I got from the endings and the info on the character, he's cause a disturbance in the fabric of space and time. Also, I'm making a page for Benimaru. Should I scale him to Kyo or the Psycho Soldiers?

Dino Ranger Black said:
@Dark and Dragonmaster
Hey guys, shouldn't we include a "possibly higher" scale for Verse? From what I got from the endings and the info on the character, he's cause a disturbance in the fabric of space and time. Also, I'm making a page for Benimaru. Should I scale him to Kyo or the Psycho Soldiers?
Yes you should (did the change myself), matter of fact, the 7-A part should be eliminated. Yes, he did cause a distortion in space and time which allowed many characters to come back and absorbed by him as well as the spirits of Ash and Gaidel among others to come back to life. Scale Benimaru to the Psycho Soldiers, I think a profile for G-Mantle or Kyo without control of his powers during 2000 and 2001 would be interesting because that was a time where Benimaru could have defeated or even killed Kyo on accident if he had not rescued him. So therefore, Psycho Soldiers it'll be.

These pages of KoF characters definitely need to be adjusted. For example - since when Vice and Mature are Massively Hypersonic? We all know they aren't that fast, not even close. I'm not against the scaling, I'm against abusing it.

Where does the Massively Hypersonic speed come from anyway? Seems lke most pages that have it are scaled to Kyo and Iori, who have circular power-scaling going on.

Who inserted the massively hypersonic speed statistics into the pages?

I can understand Kyo and Iori being Massively Hypersonic if they defeated these OP bosses by themselves, but it took the entire team and sometimes even a several teams to defeat them, so, we can't say Kyo and Iori are that fast.

i think Dark or Mandrakk would know.

@Brain Pretty sure we can scale them to that speed since they can react to that character in battle. We aren't abusing anything.

They recurrently seem to overlap, yes. I am uncertain about the difference myself.

Just because someone can react to the attacks of the Massively Hypersonic fast character doesn't mean his attacks are also MHS. They are different things.

For example - Akuma is faster than Heihachi, but Heihachi has the better reactions since he was able to catch a bullet with his teeth. It only says about Heihachi's reaction, not combat speed.

BrainSWord74 said:
You're talking about the speed now, not the reaction. This is not the same as keeping up with someone MHS speed.
We are talking about reaction and combat SPEED. Something that is interchangeable in fiction. KoF is no different.

BrainSWord74 said:
For example - Akuma is faster than Heihachi, but Heihachi has the better reactions since he was able to catch a bullet with his teeth. It only says about Heihachi's reaction, not combat speed.
Because he can react he can keep up and fight with Akuma. That's the point of reactions. There is really no difference.

This isn't travel speed... See Laxus for example. He has a Massively Hypersonic attack while only being Hypersonic+. Heck Combat and reaction speeds in fiction tends to be higher than travel speeds.

So what does your comment mean then. How can a person be slower than someone but have slower reactions? Sounds like you are saying how can one have lower travel speed but higher combat/reaction speed.

How can one have lower combat speed but faster reactions? I don't think that's possible. Most characters such as dragon ball, street fighter and such have combat/reaction speeds that are combined.

Because they are different things, of course. Combat speed is the speed of the fighting in general, while reaction speed is the reacting to the attacks and blocking/dodging them.

Also, there is a thing called 'aim dodging'. This means one character sees that the second one is going to do something, and the first character dodges. But if someone doesn't know and doesn't see the attack coming and still dodges, that is a real reaction speed feat. I doubt Mature and Vice will be able to react to Kyo and Iori's attacks while not seeing them coming.

By this logic that would mean that combat and attack speed are different. Combat speed is the speed at which they fight not attacks, but in truth are lumped together on multiple occasions. I also find it odd that you aren't arguing the fact that Street Fighter and other series do the same thing. Yet it is bad once KoF does it. If we do this to KoF this would mean that a whole bunch of characters would need this type of revision. If it isn't okay for KoF to see combat and reaction speed as the same.

BrainSWord74 said:
Also, there is a thing called 'aim dodging'. This means one character sees that the second one is going to do something, and the first character dodges. But if someone doesn't know and doesn't see the attack coming and still dodges, that is a real reaction speed feat. I doubt Mature and Vice will be able to react to Kyo and Iori's attacks while not seeing them coming.
Yet that's what characters in fiction do all the time. They aren't far away fighters firsat of all and they do not have precognition. Also you can see something coming all you want, but if you cannot dodge it then it is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back