• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SNK Pages. Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So as we know King of Fighters characters are kind of hard to scale to each other. However, should we do something similar to Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter and scale everyone to 7-B as a sort of safe general tier. I say this because characters seem to be evenly matched to each other to a certain degree. Well basically just the average playable character. Of course boss characters and major characters will likely rank higher. I want to know what everyone else thinks, because fighting games like this are hard to scale. As for speed possibly Massively Hypersonic or something due to being able to react to one another.

So my suggestion is

General AP: City level, via scaling to Sie Kensou due to the fact that Sie is not seen as one of the strongest characters in the series and is likely surpassed by characters like Terry Bogard and such. possibly Mountain level via possibly being able to fight characters like Kyo and Iori in their own stories. Certain characters only of course.

Speed: Massively Hypersonic since these characters while not as strong as Kyo or Orochi are indeed able to react to these characters.

If my suggestions are okay then please say so. If they are flat out outrageous then please give another suggestion.

I posted a similar thread here for Mandrakk. Also Psycho Soldier, Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury and King of Fighters are all in the same verse. Also i agree with the changes and i will create Verse, Terry Bogard and Geese profiles.

If the characters are capable of fighting characters who scale in some way, then I agree with these changes.

Okay so I will edit the title to SNK pages in general.. What do you think of these Dark649 (Had to add the numbers due to there being 2 Dark's here XD)

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
When we get to the Samurai Shodown scaling, call me.
Well they are all the same verse so that scaling should work here.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Okay so I will edit the title to SNK pages in general.. What do you think of these Dark649 (Had to add the numbers due to there being 2 Dark's here XD)
I think we should wait for Mandrakk response because he is the expert of snk verses.

I will offer my ideas for scaling as far as Samurai Shodown goes.

Keep in mind the canon goes 5>1>3>4>2

So here's who could scale to the likes of Amakusa, Mizuki, & Nakoruru

Haohmaru (This one is kinda obvious, being the main male protagonist and all)

Ukyo Tachibana (Portrayed as Haohmaru's rival in 1, until the tuberculosis took over)

Genjuro Kibagami (Portrayed as Haohmaru's rival in every game besides 1 and more consistently so)

Zankuro Minazuki (One-shot evil Amakusa (albeit an exhausted one) in 4, and was the primary antagonist of 3)

Shizumaru Hisame (defeated Zankuro in 3, with assistance from Haohmaru)

Gaoh (Not 100% sure, but his final boss status in 5 could put him there)

Yoshitora Tokugawa (if Gaoh does indeed scale, so does Yoshitora who beat Gaoh)

Kazuki Kazama (Defeated Amakusa in 4)

Sogetsu Kazama (Defeated Zankuro in 4 after Kazuki took off with his sister)

Enja (is a demon sealed in Kazuki's weapon, and is likely more powerful than Kazuki)

Suija (same with Enja, only he was sealed in Sogetsu's weapon)

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
I will offer my ideas for scaling as far as Samurai Shodown goes.
Keep in mind the canon goes 5>1>3>4>2

So here's who could scale to the likes of Amakusa, Mizuki, & Nakoruru.
About Mizuki, in her profile the Island level enviromental damage is done by only Ambrosia and should not scale to anyone.

While I'm not well versed in that verse, I do consider this reasonable, considering fighting game verses are supposed to be about well, fighting, and almost everyone fights each other.

I think that the suggestions of Dragonmasterxyz and Skodwarde seem to make sense.

Well a good amount of people seem to agree, however I will wait for more input. Also I will wait a little longer for Mandrakk to comment.

You can place a notice on his message wall.

Hmmm,,,,,this seems to make sense although some characters are clearly stronger than others such as Iori effortlessly beating Soiree in that KOF: Another Day animation or being protrayed as weak. If we come across such a character, it would proabably be a safe bet to knock him/her down a scale. Btw, I'm doing some research on Terry Bogard. Does he has any feats to scale off from in the Fatal Fury series?

hm I know nothing about Fatal Fury but Dark649 will handle that. I will handle some of the edits now.

Now which characters do you think will get the possibly Mountain level rating?

K' is one of Kyo's rivals who inherits a similar ability so he definitely should get the Mountain level rating. Kula was also created by NESTS to defeated K' so she should as well. Since Maxima is not far behind, it's a possibility for him. Ralf fought with K' and Maxima in KOF:Another Day so he's should as well. Ask for Leona, she does have Orochi's powers, being a decedant and all, but I'll leave that to you.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
hm I know nothing about Fatal Fury but Dark649 will handle that. I will handle some of the edits now.
The only canon are Fatal Fury 1-2 in The King of Fighters series because SNK used Terry's background story of Fatal Fury 1-2 and then he received an invitation for kof 94-onward. All the Ova series are non-canon.

@Dark and Dragonmaster

Since Psycho Soilders is canon, can we also included stats for Athena and Kensou from those games?

@Dark649 I think it is safe to put Terry at "possibly Mountain level" for being able to fight Kyo as a rival.

I will come back to respond in detail but using feats from other games such as Athena + Kensou from Psycho Soldiers, Terry from Fatal Fury, KOF: Another Day, etc should not be used. They are their own seperate verses and follow a different timeline and reality in spite of all these characters from different fighting game franchises being in KOF.

Character tiers should lie between 7-A at most with K' and possibly some team leaders, maybe higher for some major characters like Ash, Shun'ei in the future, etc. And at the lowest it should be 8-C for Team USA, the Mercenary Team, Team Korea with Kim being a possible exception among other characters. And possibly even lower with the weakest characters such as Shingo, Hinako and May Lee for example.

Mandrakk The Dark Monitor said:
I will come back to respond in detail but using feats from other games such as Athena/Kensou from Psycho Soldiers, Terry from Fatal Fury and KOF: Another Day should not be used. They are their own seperate verses and follow a different timeline in spite of all these characters from different fighting game franchises being in KOF.
Character tiers should lie between 7-A at most with K' and possibly some team leaders, maybe higher for some major characters like Ash, Shun'ei in the future, etc. And at the lowest it should be 8-C for Team USA, the Mercenary Team, Team Korea with Kim being a possible exception among other characters. And possibly even lower with the weakest characters such as Shingo, Hinako and May Lee for example.
We decided 7-B as a safe general tier due to Bao's feat in KoF 2000.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Downgrade finished. I think I got everyone.
One last thing, Ash should be 7-A, since he should not be that far behind his ancestor and Shun'ei because he has a part of Verse power (Verse is at least High 6-C because he possess the soul of almost all the Snk bosses) and Kyo was impressed of his strenght.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back