• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If I recall, most of the angels were buffed by the specific battlefield they were on, while most of the demons were debuffed.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's possible to get Yuzu and Midori on your side as long as you don't kill any humans on Naoya's route, so I'm not sure if they actually factor in or not.

Sariel and Aniel are also fought earlier on during the 7th day if you sided with Naoya, trying to dissaude Abel from becoming King of Bel.

Really, if it weren't for the specific battlefield and the force field, those two would be absolute fodder.

But even if they were buffed it was still an entire entire team of demon summoners, that were all comparable to Abel, fighting Metatron in a hard battle, with the added fact that the archangels are non factors in terms of scaling at this point (being infinitely below kagatsuchi who is below Metatron) combined with the fact he was confident he could beat Able in a rematch, I don't get why he can't scale to Able.

The combined power of the Archangels is said to be greater than Metatron, to the point where Naoya was worried they were going to destroy the human world.

I was just referring to how Sariel and Aniel should be comparative non-factors in the fight compared to M considering they (including Metatron) should all be equally buffed.

It's kind of unfortunate not being able to put 8-C demons up against other 8-C profiles without it being a total haxstomp (though, we do see humans in the series constantly incapacitating demons left and right despite those hax, so maybe those hax don't make demons entirely unbeatable if the victory condition is just incap).

HJaakuace44 said:
It's kind of unfortunate not being able to put 8-C demons up against other 8-C profiles without it being a total haxstomp (though, we do see humans in the series constantly incapacitating demons left and right despite those hax, so maybe those hax don't make demons entirely unbeatable if the victory condition is just incap).
Humans like protagonists have resistances to demons' haxes. It was accepted in the first CRT. We don't scale a verse resistance nor give extra abilities to another verse even by Standard Battle Assumptions from Verse Equalizatio. So, Demons at 8-C would most likely hax stomp other 8-C profiles.

Is it possible to scale Catherine to SMT ? The Protagonist is stated in two different forms the following quotes:

Demon Vincent: " A human with this much power... It's simply unheard of "

Possessed Vincent : [From Ishtar; Before he became a God himself] : " You have surpassed all the Gods "

Sorry... But can someone answer my question ? I want to make Vincent a profile when he becomes a God... But I'm unsure if he can scale to SMT due to Ishtar's statement or not ?

Yobobojojo said:
Not only that, but the Triangulum are clearly 2-A
True, it was after they defeated Polaris. They all would be At least 2-A like Polaris there. Also, Daichi is missing his Triangulum key which I can add.

Also, Canopus should have all of Polaris abilities since it created the administrator system with its own powers. I can add the change.

On this point: Power Mimicry (Can steal one of the powers used by his opponents after defeating them, using this to seize Canopus' Four Prime Factors)

This is Power Absorption; it is not limited to defeating an opponent's defeated. Canopus was not defeated until they absorbed all the prime factors where he and the other went to fight it,

Yobobojojo said:
Oh yeah, you should lock Remiel's page
Done. Also, a tip, it is better to link the CRT link in the Edit Summary box to prevent confusion after the change, Yobobojojo.

Also, As admins, the Shining One and Anguished One would have Polaris's abilities

Also, In the neutral ending of Devil Survivor 2; the main cast became Admins so they would have Polaris abilities.

Also, a Strong Demon that could be 2-A is Ongyo-Ki. He is One of the strongest demons. He has been a boss on Nocture at level 81. He is also of the optional-boss way after Shesha in SMT IV Apocalypse in [aaTgt] Minami Sunamachi Demon. Even you defeat him, he just nonchalant leave.This mission is unlocked after the battle with Satan and Mekabarth; it is also as 7.5/8 star relating to difficulty.

He's also pretty consistently the strongest Brute demon.

That said, if he's an optional boss, you might wanna be careful with which tier you put him at?

Jaakuace44 said:
He's also pretty consistently the strongest Brute demon.
That said, if he's an optional boss, you might wanna be careful with which tier you put him at?
I am careful; 2-A looks reasonable. The thing is the quest is only available once you reach level 78 in SMT IV Apocalypse which is Well past the Lucifer and Mekerbath boss fight.

I will play the mission over again and get some scans.

https://imgur.com/a/5iLnX3Q I'm not sure what this is meant to imply about Izanagi and Izanami, but I found it to be of note.

Either they had created the universe before Kagutsuchi rolled in and wiped it out, or they were demonic sponsors in the previous cycle.

Do we know what tier those two would be? Izanami appears as one of the strongest Megami race demons in most games, and should at least be comparable to the likes of Tenkai, being the last of the National Defense Divinities.

Speaking of Izanami and Izanagi, both Nakajima and Yumiko are in need of updating. How do you think that's gonna be handled?

Jaakuace44, I found that the wiki is missing context from in-game challenge mission which can provide more context.

Izanami would to 2-A at least; In SMT IV Apocalypse she is optional boss after Nanshi defeated many Gods bosses: https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Izanami#Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV_Apocalypse

I was suspect about this mission at first but seems like it was about her. I was like how in the world is Ghost 2-A!!!

Nakajima and Yumiko should be handled like protagonists updated. I don't know if Yumiko has here goddess powers though.

Nakajima and Yumiko they would be At least 2-A, likely High 2-A in the last key from battling Lucifer.

I think Izanami and Izanagi creating the Universe is because of the nature of the Shin Megami Tensei setting, as reality is completely subjective and shaped by the Beliefs and Observations of Humans, hence effectively everything is real and all faiths exist simultaneously.

Hence you have shit like Asura being the pillar which sustains the Universe, created by YHVH / Izanagi / Izanami / a bunch of other unrelated creator gods, Gods like Thor and Zeus existing simultaneously as embodiments of the same natural phenomena, or Master Therion existing despite the fact that Mother Harlot is a thing.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Is it possible to scale Catherine to SMT ? The Protagonist is stated in two different forms the following quotes:
Demon Vincent: " A human with this much power... It's simply unheard of "

Possessed Vincent : [From Ishtar; Before he became a God himself] : " You have surpassed all the Gods "
Honestly, I did not see your question at first.

This which Gods he scales to and which gods are in the series.- You do need a quote because I cannot find the source

Astaroth is God in the Series: https://youtu.be/28S-bREP4rs?t=369 and https://youtu.be/ZB_-ldqST9A?t=22

Astaroth is 2-A at best. In lore, is sometimes referred to as the prince of accusers and inquisitors, with powers to rival that of the great demons Bael and Beelzebub. He is also a strong demon in many games

Vincent could scale to Mutton: this https://youtu.be/hJS_xklPqCo?t=537

It seems like Mutton is referred to as a God: https://youtu.be/ZB_-ldqST9A?t=152

Mutton does not have a profile in Shin Megami Tensei page, saldy.

I also think Vincent become a demon in on ending with Catherine: https://youtu.be/qraDdTckcWI?t=701 and https://youtu.be/qraDdTckcWI?t=719

I think I will make Astaroth's profile

https://megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/Astaroth

Thank you for responding .

For starters, It is unknown which Gods he scales to . Ishtar was praising him for "having a power beyond anyone else" ... Which is vague as crap, but she was definitely serious . Ishtar states that he handled the Axis Mundi, described directly as the core of the Universe, as his own backyard.

Axis Mundi Key Scans (3)
Axis Mundi Key Scans (4)
Not to mention she directly states that Astaroth... Was apparently one of her "Avatars" In-game:

Axis Mundi Key Scans (1)
His demon Form is directly stated that no human has ever had this type of power. Meaning, it'd likely scale him to the Human Protagonists if we are allowed to cross scale to SMT due to Ishtar.

Demon Vincent Scan (1)
Demon Vincent Scan (2)
I'll hopefully get feats for Drumheid/Boss/"Mutton" . I think he at least scales > Astaroth , which would scale to both versions.

Back