• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yes, Demons are usually described as being made of information.

Heck, even in Dx2, one of the characters uses a few of them for actual hacking.

DMB 1 said:
Yes, Demons are usually described as being made of information.
Heck, even in Dx2, one of the characters uses a few of them for actual hacking.
The more evidence, the better.

Jaakuace44 said:
Demons in SMT are materialized data to begin with. DDS is a prime example of this. In SMT IV, they show up as huge blobs of garbled information.
If I recall directly, in Strange Journey Redux, there's a Dantalion in the Womb of Grief who describes himself as "little more than data derived from the Great Will."

I can go and try to grab the screenshot, but I believe I've made my point anyway.
Yes, but as far as I know, the Akashic Records are strictly only part of the DeSu2 Multiverse, which is visibly 100% separate from the one featured in the main series, which is YHVH's Multiverse, where Demons are Data provenient of the Expanse / The Great Will, as the screenshot you posted shows. So, I really don't think the DeSu2 Demons are the real deal due to that.

Transcendence over Linear Time isn't enough for Type 5 Acausality, I believe. It is Type 4.

I don't see how that's type 5 acausality though:

Demons have type 4 because they exist on a plane that is beyond time itself.

Them being unaffected by the multiverse's destruction is the justification for High-Godly.

Causality isn't really mentioned anywhere.

Causality and Linear Time are intrinsically related though, as the later is really just a linear and successive progression of events. As I see it, Type 5 Acausality is for beings who are actually portrayed as being unable to be interacted due to existing beyond Time and Cause & Effect, while Type 4 (when it comes to Transcendence over Linear Time) is for those who do have these properties, but are not portrayed that way.

Just playing the Devil's Advocate btw, not saying they should have Type 5.

DMB 1 said:
I don't see how that's type 5 acausality though:
Demons have type 4 because they exist on a plane that is beyond time itself.

Them being unaffected by the multiverse's destruction is the justification for High-Godly.

Causality isn't really mentioned anywhere.
I can agree with the acausality Type 4. Acausality in certain case the ability for characters to be unaffected by the multiverse's destruction. In an example, Khorne

I believe that Warhammer characters have type 5 because if I remember correctly, the Warp is beyond causality itself or something.

There is more detail to it than into SMT.

DMB 1 said:
I believe that Warhammer characters have type 5 because if I remember correctly, the Warp is beyond causality itself or something.
There is more detail to it than into SMT.
Demons' acausality also let being unaffected by multiverse destruction as listed on their profile.

Even type 1 can does that too since, characters can't be harmed by temporal paradox

Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity:Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.

I mean idk, the way type 5 is described lines up pretty nicely with the Demons' own acausality scans. Like it's pretty much outright stated that demons transcend the past, present and future, which is what causality works on.

Nedge1000 said:
Even type 1 can does that too since, characters can't be harmed by temporal paradox
Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity:Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.
Demons can regenerate from The Axiom which is much regen beyond their Dimension Existence hence High-Godly.

Acausality Type 4 would grant them the ability to be unaffected by multiverse destruction as listed on their profile on their level.

Jaakuace44 said:
Would Demi-fiend have Matter Manipulation? I know demons such as Michael and Lucifer have it on their pages.
I agree; He should have it.

Nedge1000 said:
Jaakuace44 said:
Would Demi-fiend have Matter Manipulation? I know demons such as Michael and Lucifer have it on their pages.
I agree; He should have it.
I can add it, He should also have Fate Manipulation scaling from weaker Tier 2 demons have the abilities

Fate Manipulation (Far superior to beings such as the Norns, whose influence over Time and Fate bounds even Demon Gods who exist beyond all of time and space. Scaling from Maya, whose illusions are capable of bringing forth entire futures into existence)

so out of curiosity why was it accepted that high demons have lower demons abililites? I'm not personally againts it just was wondering.

JBennett said:
so out of curiosity why was it accepted that high demons have lower demons abililites? I'm not personally againts it just was wondering.
The stronger demons do have the abilities feat lore-wise. The evidences are just upscale as better justifications.

I have a question reading some of the profiles, why Demons have the abilities of demons/Personas and other incarnations of other games (Like Persona series)?

Extreme123dz said:
I have a question reading some of the profiles, why Demons have the abilities of demons/Personas and other incarnations of other games (Like Persona series)?
Like who because I believe only Nyarlathotep (Persona) is the case which will need to change anyway?

Jack Frost, Parvati iirc, also some other like Alice (if in this place they have all of the skills regardless if there only exist in games like perosna) are missing like "another dimension."

Also, why do not list all of the skills and explain whow works? like this as an example?

BTW, according to DS 2 you can't heal Demon inflicted wounds without spiritual means, so perhaps Regenerationn negation?

Yobobojojo said:
BTW, according to DS 2 you can't heal Demon inflicted wounds without spiritual means, so perhaps Regenerationn negation?
Do you have a quote because it would help since the game got over 1 day of dialogue?

It was a quote by Otome (the doctor character), so it'll take me a while to dig up, but sure?

Back