• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, to keep this short, almost all our SMT profiles are just things copied and pasted from other profiles with slightly changed scaling and images. No actual attack or techniques are listed, and all our profiles are more or less clones of each other.

At the very least, demons should have notable attacks and techniques listed on their profiles.

Huh, was making that thread. Oh well, saves me the effort.

Anyways, yeah, I agree with that. I'd also want to tackle a problem that I caused in the profiles, and that has been bothering me for a while... a long while.

Basically, our profiles follow the logic of scaling the Reality Warping of lesser Demons to that of stronger ones, since it is an ability that pretty much every powerful Demon God has, and it is nonsensical for a stronger Demon to be unable to do things a weaker one can with their own Reality Warping. This is pretty much fine by me, though I want to hear others' opinions on it.

The problem is that I also had the brilliant idea of upscaling powers which are inherent to certain Demon Gods, and are pretty much possessed by them due to what they embody. Example of this? The Norns' Fate Manipulation, which is something we say every Demon stronger than them can use. This is obviously a bunch of nonsense, since Yggdrasil is portrayed as stronger than the Norns in Strange Journey, yet had to steal their powers to gain control over Fate and a greater degree of control over Time, too.

The profiles also say powerful Demons can "reverse time when within timeless voids", which is based on the Administrators' feats on Devil Survivor 2. This is also nonsense and should be removed, for reasons I don"t even have to explain.

Then there is the fact we list every top-tier Demon as Nigh-Omniscient, due to Lucifer seeing the flow of time non-linearly, and pretty much all at once, according to Kazuma Kaneko. I feel like this should either only apply to Lucifer, or be considered Cosmic Awareness, instead of Nigh-Omniscience.

I think you should elaborate on the Administrators, since if it's what I think it is I may have some counter arguments.

As far as I remember from Devil Survivor 2, it comes from Alcor using the Heavenly Throne to reset the World back to its previous state, as a consequence fixing the damage that the Void was causing to it.

I fail to see how that preclude anything, since Swords and Administrators are specifically noted to have similar natures to demons.

I am not trying to break the current scaling between the Administrators' abilities and the Demons', though, I am just saying the whole "can rewind Time within timeless void" should be removed.

OK. I think DeSu specific stuff should wait though, as it was decided we should have Sera's blog on it before anything else on that front.

But yeah, if nothing else, notable attacks and techniques should be added to the profiles.

Yobo Blue, as long you don't repeat this type of comment against me again, it is all good. My point is regarding there is, besides the higher tier abilities, no real notable techniques because roughly every characters can use them. Maybe, it is all sugestive. If it were to be added, to me, it would be better in a full list format like done on The Godwoke's profile. Notable Attacks/Techniques:

I agree with Ultima Reality's points.

Just because other people can use them doesn't make them any less notable or necessary to describe. Otherwise we'd have to get rid of nearly all Pokémo abilities.

In fact, Pokémon had the same issue for a long time, and it was decided that was poor formatting.

Yeah, upscaling from Maya will have to be removed from the profiles I think, except from maybe Mem Aleph's profile, since she is kind of the Primordial Mother Goddess and all the others are aspects of her.

Also, how do we feel about using the SMT wiki to add missing skills? Or skills that aren't in the Notable Attacks section yet?

I'm with Ultima as well. Got more to say but can't at the moment.

Really only Illusion Creation and Fate Manipulation will be removed for now. The skills themselves will be listed as part of the Notable Attacks and Techniques.

I do agree that abilities and powers that are specific to a certain Demon shouldn't scale to to other demons unless they have shown to be able to do so.

General abilites like Fire and Ice abilities on the other hand should scale due to how commonly used they are amoun all Demons however the excpetion to that would be abiliteies that contradict the demons characteristics, for example A Jack Frost having fire manipulation and having resistince to it, while not impossible its not a natrual part of them.

That reminds me, there are a few things I will have to get to another time regarding fusion.

I feel like writting every usable skill for all SMT characters would seem tedious considering that Human character, specifically player characters, can technically have any skill they want.

Trust me. There are profiles that are incredibly detailed. I'm not asking for masterpieces, just something better than a copy and paste.

Well if you want to include the Skill into Notible Technicse then somethign like what Elzihaa would fit better since it would not make it as cluddered compared to having all skill written on. There's also the problem that Demons have different skill compared to different versions or compared to Boss and Ally Versions.

Lucifer in SMTIV has 8 Skills while as a boss but only has 4 when as an Ally and only two of his original skill is usable.

It was decided a while ago that linking to other wikis and the like is not really something we should do in situations like these.

Game mechanics. Pure and simple.

We go with the skills they've shown across the series unless they are explicitly said to have lost some, such as in the case of corrupted YHVH.

Honestly, since more or less all staff associated with SMT have given their opinion, I think it's fine to begin once they're unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back