• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smosh regen justification.

Anthony and co have this justification for their Mid-Godly regen on their profiles.

'Mid Godly, Came back after the universe and everything else was deleted'

I could be wrong but isn't this a case of being able to exist in a void?

Also i'm pretty sure this 'Regenerationn' happens off screen which we now have rules about stating that it can't be used to justify regen or at least as far as I can tell.

I'm not even certain they came back in that video. Like the video ended with them getting erased and the very next video they're back like nothing ever happened. Hell, they don't even acknowledge the last video ever happened in any future video. It's like a completely separate event.

Yeah i'm pretty sure we had a thread that went through recently indicating that can't be used to justify regen.

'Instances of characters being wounded and inexplicably recovering off screen should not be taken as evidence of Regenerationn unless supported by further context. This is due to reasons ranging from possibility of off-screen treatment to continuity errors. See this thread for reference'

Do they have any other feats supporting this type of regen anyway? Cause I'd say it's probably best to just assume it's just an outlier for regen feats, especially if they don't even acknowledge it in future events.

And if we are to deny this regen, what their next best feat if they have one?

I believe this is their main regen feat. The feat is that at the end of one episode the universe is 'turned off' and at the start of the next episode everything is fine and it's not acknowledged so I believe it should be removed from their profiles for now?

Yeah, I think it would be best to remove the regen feat, as it's definitely inconsistent from the sounds of it.

No this Regen does not happen off screen. It does happen in the same video on screen. What happened Is after everything shuts off completely. He still comes back from it in the same video. Which there isn't anything that's responsible for bringing him back. He just comes back and then tries to reopen the universe. Still same video. So the Regen feat is viable.

As for Regen. They are weird about it. They definitely can come back from a lot. Decapitation, losing body parts, Literally eaten and digested, death, Ect. And then die by a bullet wound, or a car crash. It is kinda hard to gauge where they are at Regen wise. Cause they definitely should have one. Just the degree is a little hard. Ian doesn't scale to it since he doesn't have any feats like that. Though Anthony himself had faced utter deletion and come back and even digested and came back.

I'm pretty sure 'coming back' from the universe being deleted does not qualify for mid-godly regen and just existing in a time-less void but I could be wrong.

When you are literally just deleted. That qualifies for Mid godly Regen. For a while Bugs Bunny (Composite) had Mid Godly Regen for a feat similar to it (until we realized it didn't actually happen)

But his definitely happened. Everything definitely was deleted. Including him.

Honestly. I would heavily disagree with this being regen. It seems WAY more likely to me that he either tanks the universe being deleted or is able to exist in a void.

That's not exactly true. It deleted everything proven on the fact everything was gone. Deleted. Except him. It was all wiped away. He couldn't undo or reload anything. Shut down automatically just deleted everything. That's where I came from. And the him tanking it was discussed and it was more so said to point it under Regen rather than him actually having tanked it. Especially since the way he reacted. The way he reacted more so suggest he kinda came back. Not he survive it

It truly might be regen @butters but it honestly seems way to vague of a feat to justify something as strong as mid-godly when many other things are just as likely as it being regen. (Being able to exist in a void etc)

I don't see the vagueness of it. Considering nothing suggested that he tanked it. And the way it reacted and acts showed it more so just deleted the place. The fact he was in a white void, couldn't reload anything, and couldn't undo. This supports everything was deleted.

And being able to exist in a void doesn't stop you from being deleted. It auto deleted everything In the universe. That's why no people were there either. It just deleted everything. Nothing suggested Anthony was any different. If there were implications of something else. Then that's where a debate could spawn. But what we have is

1. The Keyboard clearly deleted everything. Proven by the white void. And nothing could be brought back.

2. Existing in a void doesn't stop Anthony from being able to be deleted.

3. Nothing suggest he was protected or tanked it in any way

4. The fact it deletes and bypasses durability also means he couldn't have really tanked it. At most he could have resisted being deleted. Though his reaction seems to imply he came back. Not he resisted it

Nothing suggests he regened from it though. The way someone reacts to something is surely not good enough to justify regening from something... It's just as likely his suprise comes from the fact that he deleted the universe.

Super op abilities like this should always have evidence to allow others to opinate on them, as opposed to merely give the option to believe on them or not.

Case in point, stuff like this ends up happening. Which sometimes takes years (heck today I presented a problem with Swamp Thing's famous High-Godly regen).

I too agree with the problems about this regen said above.

"Nothing suggest he regened from it. The way someone reacts to something is surely not good enough to justify regening from something... It's just as likely his suprise comes from the fact that he deleted the universe."

That isn't the main reason. The main reason is everything was quite obviously deleted. And he had No protection. Nothing to shield him from deletion to. That's the proof. Which is solid proof. Him coming back from something he obviously had no protection towards. And the fact everything including, people, places, and everything else was deleted. What more proof could ther be without him downright stating it? He came back from something he had no obvious or known protection towards that deleted everything and everyone else.

The camera just zooms out of his eye and he's there in a white void.

The ability to regenerate even after being completely erased from existence, including mind, body, and soul.

I don't think these are the same thing. It's way more likely to be resistance to EE then mid-godly regen or any number of things.

Also this feat would clasify for high-godly regen not mid-godly regen which makes it even more of an outlier.

What's vague about it? Tell me exactly what's vague? It's very straight towards

1. The universe, including everything and everyone was deleted.

2. Anthony had no clear protection towards it and no logical reason he would be excluded from it

3. And we On screen see him come back

4. And a point brought up earlier. Being able to survive in a void doesn't protect from deletion. By no means is that a resistance towards this at all. So not a viable reason to say It's vague

Blackcurrant91 said:
The camera just zooms out of his eye and he's there in a white void.

The ability to regenerate even after being completely erased from existence, including mind, body, and soul.

I don't think these are the same thing. It's way more likely to be resistance to EE then mid-godly regen or any number of things.

Also this feat would clasify for high-godly regen not mid-godly regen which makes it even more of an outlier.
He's. He is there. As in. He is back. Despite everything going black and everything being deleted. He came back

You have no proof on that. That's just you saying it could be other things. And realistically, that's really true. At best there's one Two things that could have happened. He resisted it, or he regened from it. A big reason since it bypasses Regen. Meaning even universal durability would get deleted, so it's not right to say that's a reason it could by vague cause that's easily debunkable.

Feel free to update as you feel is correct :) and my apologies for getting it removed. I hope it's not taken personally.

I'm not sure where coming back from being turned into poop lands at between High Mid or Low High. Where would y'all put that more towards. I'm a little on the fence

Back