• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE tier revision

Good. No need to harass him, i know he's tired of this but we're getting so close and this is possibly the last element that will allow us to finally have a tier system for the verse.

No, sorry, but the staff have not accepted that at all.

Despite all the logic and scaling pointing in that direction, which frustrates me to no end. But at this point I'm fine with the compromise, which would still give me the option to use that scaling, and want this to end as its been going on for a month or so.

I would also appreciate more staff input, but I cannot force them to help out.

We just wait for his answer and if we don't have it by the end of the week, i'll ask him about it. And yeah, Low 2-C for everyone won't be accepted.

Which I still don't understand when so many other verses on this dang wiki follow a similar method of scaling their characters, yet THIS one? Nah, let's just ignore proper scaling and logic. Lol

I am the wrong person to ask about this verse, but we largely try to do what seems to make sense case by case.

Can we just wait for Bambu's answer ? We already have come to some kind of compromise about this, it was already explained multiple times why making everybody Low 2-C isn't necessarily a valuable idea for this verse and we possibly have something that will settle things ? Now we just have to wait for the answer in hope that Bambu will accept the "At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C" idea so everybody will more or less have what the ywant and we can finally end this.

is Bambu staff? it may not be approved by staff but it its approved by voting (which i strongly urge we have a democratic vote for) then this could have been closed ages ago (in my opinion).

but i guess At least High 4-C, possible Low 2-C could work.

But then who would get the definitive Low 2-C along side Olorun, Chronos, Panthenon Leaders, and the other Primordials?

just asking since Yemoja is in lore to the story stated being cabable of restoring all of the "deceased" gods to their full power so I would like to know if we finally close this topic will she be placed among the Low 2-C's or will she be in the "At least High 4-C, possible Low 2-C" category?

Also, not to open a new can of worms, what are the basic powers and abilities that all SMITE god profiles should share in? I believe immortality types (1, 2, 4) was suggested, but what else? Can these be added: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Empowerment via worship, Large Size type 3 due to the precursor comics depicting Xbalanque, Ra,Odin, and Zeus, as being quite larger than mountains (with the tips of mountains coming up to about knee length), Higher-Dimensional Existence due to the comment in the precusor comics stating that their first war for followers was waged in a higer plane and due to the story teller mentioning that the world of the gods is different from the world of the mortals but the battles in the godly realm still cause severe natural disasters in the mortal plane. Are their any other powers that these characters have in common that can be placed in the powers and abilities section?

The staff approve what revisions that are accepted, and Bambu is an administrator, yes.

"I still don't get what's so hard about this", Funny cause I can say the same thing. "Inconsistent"? That's bullshit considering the way other verses have been scaled here, and the sheer amount of scaling the verse has. "Inconsequential"? Also a shit argument considering other verses on here...

Seriously, at least making it "possibly low 2-C" gives both sides what they want and the option to use them either way they see fit. At least others are CONSIDERING it, rather than outright attacking the compromise and verse as a bad idea. I wouldn't even call what you just said constrictive criticism. No offense, but opinions like "delete the verse" are absolutely NO HELP to anyone else here.

I won't be as virulent as Gaara (though i understand why he is, wich doesn't mean i APPROVE it) but deleting the verse is not a good idea! Again, we wait some time and then we see what Bambu think about it.

Sorry. Not that it's much of an excuse, but I was half asleep and VERY annoyed when typing that. I apologize for my phrasing but not for the point I was trying to make.

This wiki has not only a good number of verses literally scaled off of one or two fights in said verse, FF7 being an example, and so many odd ball verses that make you question why someone made a profile for it at all, Yandere Simulator and Doki Doki Literature Club as examples, that his statements just REALLY rubbed me the wrong way.

Not only is smite a verse filled with ACTUAL warriors and mages, more than enough to warrant a verse here, but the gods all come from the same place. They draw from the same source for their power and immortality. And though yes, their power will vary, there is more than enough scaling to place them in a similar tier. And there are more than enough counts of characters on this wiki being in the same tier, from the same verse, but one can whip the other in numerous circumstances.

Sure. One vs one, Zeus would wreck Loki in a direct fight. But Loki IS capable of harming Zeus, and through tag teaming or his own trickery, this IS Loki we are talking about so direct fights or fair fights aren't typically his MO, he is capable of hurting or killing Zeus. And not only are there many examples of this in the Smite verse, but in dozens if other verses here. So this outright ANIMOSITY towards the Smite verse, and low 2-C scaling, is actually really startig to rub me the wrong way. I'm FINE with a compromise. At this point its the best thing we have to not only end this, but also gives both sides what they went. But deleting the verse and outright bashing the scaling with NO good reason or counter argument or constructive criticism is not helping us.

Mr. Bambu THANK. YOU. So (sorry to harass you about it but this might be the last thing we have to discuss about the general tiering system before FINALLY ending this), what do you think about the idea of putting regular gods to "At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C" (the at least part being justified by the fact thta Hou Yi's feat is casual so it wouldn't be difficult to do it again and the possibly part stating that regular can harm leaders in some ways while still being weaker than them) ?

Among other reasons like logical scaling like Zeus' brothers not being far behind him, Thoth being Ra's brother and owner of one of the most OP artifacts in Smite and egyptian myth should scale to Ra, Vulcan should scale to the other Olympians and so on. Also the aforementioned fact that the gods all share the same origin, power source, and immortality fuel, making scaling them in a similar tier also reasonable enough that "possibly low 2-C" is a fair compromise.

Possibly Low 2C sits fine with me, sub gods are still an issue though. Since like. Two dudes from that category were thought to be able to fight Jorm, but never really did it, and other than that they have no good feats.

Sub gods? You mean like Arthur with Excalibur? Or are you refering to Thor? Cause Thor DID fight Jorm, but Jorm had a massive boost from the power of Ragnarok and even base Jorm is said to be a suicidal double death fight for Thor. And Arthur ripped Jorm a new one with Excalibur.

Bambu Thank You.

Gaara Yes, he's referring to Arthur and Merlin. But they're specific and individual issues and we'll deal with Merlin (since i plan to make a profile for him) later. The good news is, FINALLY we have something to work with.

Does that mean we can finally make some profiles at least for regular gods and pantheon leaders to you ?

But...how is Merlin a "sub god"?....he has been canonically stated to be one. Just not of this generation as he escaped the death of the gods from the previous cycle. Jormungandr even calls him elder god, just cause he is from an older age of creation. And said god killer mistook Arthur for a god because Excalibur made him that powerful. It's literally canon to the story. Arthur and Merlin DID fight Jormungandr. Twice. The first time went horribly and the second time left a big gaping wound in the damn thing's chest. They have weapons and powers capable of harming and effecting him, and had Merlin not stooped Arthur, Jormungandr would be DEAD.

And I hope so. Cause since Bambu said he is ok with the compromise, we can FINALLY get things moving lol. Also Tomorrow I think we are getting the next chapter of the story so more Persephone and Heimdallr info and feats!

We still have to wait for Mr. Bambu to decide what we should do. My apologies.

Ok. At least we finally managed to find a valuble tiering system. So the final word about this discussion belongs to Bambu.

So the story chapter is out now. Ratatoskr makes a small appearance, and Heimdallr and Persephone have one hell of a battle. A very evenly matched one at that with Heimdallr giving it everything he had to win, even sending her across the realms like he does with his ult.

I...don't think a "regular god" would be the GUARDIAN OF ASGARD. If the guy's job is to literally be THE line of defense and scout against all threats against Asgard, and I was Odin, I'd probably make aure the dude was super strong. Just feels silly that a guy with a job as important as his is listed as a "regular god", especially ultimately being rivals with the trickster god who KILLED Zeus. As for Persephone...I doubt she, like Hera, is THAT far behind her husband. But that's just me.

And sure, here ya go. The wiki is undergoing an update ao things are a bit off, but it's still readable. Go to chapter 4.

https://smite.gamepedia.com/Odyssey:_Underworld

Back