• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE tier revision

As it has been decided that definitively Olorun and Chaos are Low 2-C where are the other gods of SMITE going to be placed? The previous discussion was split at 7-A, 4-A, and Low 2-C.

Should Infinite Ruler Olorun have a separate key? He does say he can perceive all of the universes at a higher level than base Olorun. If so would it be at 2―C or 2-B

Should Cosmic Skins be given a separate key? Sol on her profile for this wiki has a key for her skin and it is the basis for her 3-A key. Many of the SMITE characters that do have some type of cosmic skin do state that they have gained galaxy (for demigods/monsters) to universal (for gods such as Nox, Chernobog, Sol, Anubis) and also state that they've gained power over space and time so I think that for at least cosmic skins and canonical story skins a key should be made.

On their (gods) immortality I say type 4 for the reason Olorun stated that no matter their sphere gods cannot truly die (seeing as how Anubis returned and even how the other gods and titans that have actually died in their lore are now alive and well).

I'm still in the 2-C camp. It has the most consistent scaling and arguments for it, at least for the ones that have directly active in the story, or scale through god lores, combat, or basic logic.

Skins should be focused on later until we decide which scaling we go with.

And while true, Persephone and Hades have shown that a "dead god" can be kept prisoner in one of the various underworlds. And Jormungandr managed to bypass that immortality as he turned mortals against the gods in prior cycles of creation and thus the fuel for their immortality dried up. To TRULY kill a god is to both slay them physically and make sure they are rejected or forgotten. Or do what Persephone did.

So finally we get a new thread. Except that it's Olorun and Chronos and not Chaos ^^.

I just so a video of Heimdallr's ult. Less impressive than i thought but holy mother of Odin, this is cool. And this gives him BFR and Portal Creation.

Hey can you guys bring in the other knowledgeable people and have them comment? Otherwise it's be basically settled that the entire cast of SMITE is going to be Low 2-C and I'll ask a moderator to close this thread so that the revisions can begin.

You should ask any staff members listed in the SMITE verse page to comment here.

Yeah, we had many people on this like Bambu and Perpetual but everyone ended up leaving the thread and here we are.

So God Aldamore, i guess you to like the everyone is Low 2-C solution ? I still have some issues with this. I mean, pantheon leaders are Low 2-C yeah but the others ? Could we not have a tier like "At least High 4-C, possibly Low 2-C" for regualr gods ? Then we would have another tier for the regular gods wich would include the He Bo feat of destroying suns but we would still make them able to content with pantheon leaders.

No I'm firmly against it. The only ones I believe should be Low 2-C are Olorun, Chronos, and the Primordials.

There is a reason why I keep asking to make the Cosmic Skins a separate key along with canon plot skins. The first reason is as I stated to start the thread. Sol a has a cosmic skin and she is ranked 3-A due to that skin based off of her voice lines. Many gods with the cosmic skin are quoted to have universal power such as Agni, Anubis, Sol, Medusa, Hercules, even Chernobog say that they have galactic to universal power. Also for Olorun I believe his Infinite Ruler skin should be keyed at at least 2-B possible far higher based off of some of the stuff I posted in the last thread.

Even though I am against it here is a compromise I would like us all to consider:

1. Olorun, Chronos, Pantheon Leaders (ƒñöƒñö), and Primordials are all placed at Low 2-C

2. Other Gods are placed between 4-A to either 3-A or Low 2-C

3. A separate key should be made for all gods that have a cosmic, Infinite, or galactic skin. This key should be placed at 3-A to 2-B depending on the character (Olorun and Pantheon leaders at 2-B and everyone's else 2-C and below based on how they scale or their lore)

4. Monsters, Demigods, humans, wizards/witches should be placed between 4-A to 3-A and if they have a cosmic/infinite/galactic skin then that skin should be keyed between either 3-A to Low 2-C.

If none of these considerations are agreeable then I'll go to camp Low 2-C everyone so that the characters I want to make pages for can be built and this 2 month long debate can end

I'm in the camp I'm in cause its had the more CONSISTENT scaling and arguments for it. Low 2-C has had fsr more scaling FOR it than against it in the story, lore, and with basic scaling logic that I see it as the obvious choice.

My primary concern is for the tier thing so i don't really know about the skin thing. But i guess the cosmic par is fine as long as they have an impact to the gods and their tier (wich basically seems to be the case so...yeah, we can count them. I think).

I'm not really sure about Olorun being 2-B (in general, Low 2-C seems to be the maximum we could get for now, i recall the 2-B thing being too vague for this) but i agree with most of the rest, especially the monsters/demi-gods thing since they can keep up with the gods so they should be comparable.

Just to be sure (since, as you said, it has been a LONG time since this discussion has started), where does exactly come the 4-A, 3-A and Low 2-C thing for the regular gods ? Seriously, it's not that i'm not ok, i don't remember where it comes from ?

And btw, i probably already asked you about it but what are the characters you want to make profiles for ? Just to be sure we won't fight over some characters (for me : Chernobog, Set, Bellona, Merlin, Ah Puch, Kukulkan and probably Jörmmungandr, Pele and Loki).

It came from a period before the smite storyline really took off and consistent scaling was shown. It also references the HIGHLY noncanon magazine short stories, and god lore. But SINCE then the magazine has fallen to the wayside, the storyline is going strong with consistent scaling, and the god lore is just as it ever was.

And I'd say I'd love to see Arthur, Ares, The Morrigan, Cerberus, and Persephone.

Gaara The lore is more consistent yeah, but that doesn't erase the problem we currently have. I made Ares some time ago and Morrigan already exist btw.

So what are we gonna do ?

@ArkhamDC06 I'm suggesting that his Infinite Ruler skin be considered 2-B simply by a quote he makes to his base self where he states he has peered into every universe and even base Olorun can't defeat Infinite Ruler Olorun.

@ArkhamDC06 if I'm remembering correctly it was stated that one of the regular/low end regular gods has a feat of shooting down 9 stars in his lore so that's the range of star buster I remember or if it's 4-B then it should be 4-B (almost typed four be there) for a low end and 3-A for a high end because honestly that's where I believe the Pantheon leaders should be and three gods Loki, Hel, and Ao Kuang were able to kill Zeus by tag team. Generally speaking as a rule if a team manages to defeat a higher tier that team is usually placed in the same tier as it is considered a feat.

@ArkhamDC06 the characters you've chosen to work on are fine by me. I've created pages or Olorun, and Yemoja but due to an admin they've been delete and their reinstatement pending till a consensus is reached with a definitive tier for all other gods. Originally I had Yemoja a tier 5-A for her quotes about being able to bring life bringing waters to the world up to 2-C I believe because she is the only one that can restore the other gods to their full power something Olorun can't do. But if the consensus is for a higher tier then she gets a massive upgrade which I'm not mad at. I was going to work on Baron but someone else said they wanted to do him and then it went up to The Who wants to edit him Heavens. Idk why my phone is capitalizing random words. Also I also suggested Hera and helping out wherever anyone requested it.

I sent out a request for the two mods on the knowledgeable members page to comment here. But if you guys want to get anyone else to comment then we should have a good discussion. I remember bambu and snake had good points (some from bambu weren't that good when it came to tiering for me but ƒñÀƒÅ┐ÔÇìÔÖé´©Å to each his own)

Let's just hope we can ACTUALLY get this thing done. You know my vote and my reasons for said vote. So I don't have much more to add other than characters I'd like to see get pages.

Ok then. I hope this will be over soon. I'm getting a little tired of this, i want it to be over so i can finally make profiles.

Low 2-C everygod is stupid and should be a complete no. Most consistent feats for Gods are in the Tier 4 range, outside of some Hindu / Primordial stuff which should obviously not apply to regular gods.

Outliers like Cerberus hurting Orolun should be thrown into the trash.

Some gods should have keys, yes.

Skins are sometimes canon, like Neith's skins being literally costumes she makes and wears as shown in a story from the official SMITE Web Magazine, but they shouldn't be used to justify tiers.

"Low 2-C everygod is stupid and should be a complete no" Thank you !!!

So does that mean the maximum tier should be Tier 4 or some gods are Low 2-C ?

How is it NOT consistent when MANY gods have already been shown to be able to contend with the likes of Odin, Ra, Olorun, and Zeus to varying degrees with others scaling of those characters as well? Tier 4 would be arbitrarily downplaying the characters when much of the lore, story, and basic logic shows them as more on a similar tier.

Cerberus being an outlier? When he has already fought Hercules, who himself also fought Hades once, and Hades should likely be almost as powerful as Zeus, a PANTHEON HEAD, who was already compared in power to Olorun? Cerberus would scale through basic logic at this point, let alone his own feat of fighting Olorun. So not only is it not an outlier, it's supported through a chain of scaling from Hadea, Hercules, and Zeus.

Also that magazine is WAY noncanon as NOTHING in it aligns with ANYTHING in the current story, save basic descriptions of their irl lore. But those stories? They contradict themselves let alone the main story. Plus that's more or less been abandoned as it's not been updated in ages.

And literally, ALL THE GODS, including the hindus, come from literally the SAME place, coalescing from the thoughts and desires of mortals into divine beings, but also draw power from and fuel their immortality with the worship of said mortals. Every pantheon is affected in this same way. Meaning the Hindus are no greater than the Greeks, Egyptians, or anyone else.

Because by logic, some gods are more powerful than the others. Gameplay doesn't mean they're equal, the simple fact Olorun overpowered every other god with his time powers when he first appeared in the story is a big proof of that and for the team thing, they still are individually weaker than Zeus and Loki killing him is more about an outlier or simply the fact he has daggers that can bypass durability and kill gods anyway like any otehr godly weapon. This is why i propose a "possibly Low 2-C" element, they could be noted as capable to content with patheon leaders but they're still weaker.

And for the Cerberus thing...i never mentionned him. I don't know if it is an outlier or a specific feat, the text implied he first poisoned Olorun wich weakened him but at the same time, he indeed fought Hercules. I'm not sure for him BUT i'm sure the others are equal to regular gods at least (save for Jörmmungandr who is one of the strongest characters).

And you know what ? I think Cerberus isn't a priority here. personally, the priority is to make general tiers for the verse itself. Cerberus is an individual problem (in the sense it's only about him). We can go back to the problem later but for now, my idea is that we should focus on the general tiers and THEN we will get to Cerberus. So we can finally make some profiles instead on keeping discussing.

This isn't gameplay scaling though. And we have SO MANY verses of characters in the same tier, despite some in that tier outclassing the others to some varying degree. Or others where, say Cloud Strife, beats Zephiroth who launches a SUPER NOVA at Cloud, which can be survived, and this wiki scales Cloud from that, and thus scale all of final fantasy 7 basically, despite none of them having any feats to match in their personal time. But nah, let's just ignore that for this verse. Makes sense. So SOLAR SYSTEM TIER TIFA makes sense, but universe+ gods DOESN'T?....

The other guy mentioned Cerberus. Cerberus by scaling with Hercules, Hades, Zeus, and Olorun in that order, has while to a lesser degree than Olorun, the brawn necessary to fight him. And for crying out loud he was able to tank attacks from Olorun. And it's implied that, yes, Olorun could have won in a neutral setting. But that in no means implies Cerberus should get some overly deflated tiering, when he has scaling TO scale him to just a bit under Olorun.

Right. And that's something I've tried to do. Even proposed several compromises. But I will defend the low tier 2-C scaling as much as I can.

I don't see where Cloud shouldn't be as strong as Sephiroth. It has been stated multiple times he is on the same level of power and is the only one who can both truly defeat him and kill him for good. And for Tifa, she is capable of fighting Sephiroth and in the story, she does. She is weaker than Cloud and Sephiroth but is still somehow comparable. But that's not the point and FF VII shouldn't be brought here, this won't help setlle things about SMITE. It's logical to have pantheon leaders being stronger than regular gods. And no, i never said Universe+ gods doesn't make sense, i say putting ALL of them to Low 2-C while it's clear, including in story, that pantheon leaders are stronger and that regular gods are weaker although still capable of somehow harming them. And it's also made clear the leaders are weakened by the events of the upcoming Ragnarök.

So yeah, to me, only some gods should be put to Low 2-C and the others should be put to a lower tier. And if we really have to indicate they are capable of harming leaders, we should make a "possibly Low 2-C" thing because, like i said, taht would still make them weaker than the leaders (wich makes sense to me) while still capable of harming them somehow. If Set was capable of fighting Olorun, why would he flee ? Because he is weaker than him (at least for the moment). We can't just make everyone Low 2-C because the lore, the story and everything are too vague, we have to find different tiers. To me, panethon leaders (and "primordials" are stronger than regular gods, period.

Seems like the debate will need to be forcibly settled by someone at that point. Cause i don't think we'll agree on the same thing in this thread (unless being almost forced).

My point, was saying that they are on a SIMILAR tier even if weaker. Which was why I was using FF7 as a COMPARISON make a point with how thisnwiki scales things. The gods do very in power, but have CONSISTENTLY shown to be in a similar tiering of power and arbitrarily AVOIDING that tier feels more than a bit stupid. The lower gods have shown capable of harming pantheons heads, but in a one on one fight the pantheon head would usually win. But that doesn't mean, say Loki, is now MAGICALLY only tier 4....if Tifa, for example can be counted in the same tier as Cloud or Sephiroth, why then does Loki, and by extension the other majority of gods, not deserve their proper tier when they've on a good number of occasions shown to either capable of harming pantheon heads or placed on a similar pedestal of power?

And seems like it. Cause I'm not budging. Cause no one has convinced me against low 2-C's consistency. I just do not get the sheer animosity towards low 2-C when it's had more going for it than against it. It baffles me to be honest.

The problem here is that it seems there are as much proofs against Low 2-C as much there are for it. And yeah, it baffles me to but it seems it will be the only option left at that point. That or we simply abandon the idea of editing and use the current system (4-A for everybody except for gods like Nox, Janus or Nemesis who are 3-C and Chronos who is 2-C) And to be honest, Aladamore's system is a little confusing for me.

As much?...I've seen LESS against it than for it. The gods literally all come from the same place, fuel themselves with the same source, and have repeatedly shown through combat, lore, and logical scaling that most if not all the gods can be placed in a similar tier. Yes, pantheon heads are stronger, but that doesn't mean lesser gods can't contend with them, and guess what, they have, repeatedly, on several occasions against them and those comparable to them. And THAT system came about from the flimsy magazine canon which the main story not only never uses or references, often contradicts itself as they are more short stories made using the smite gods rather than contributions to the real canon. Hell one of those stories even uses the OLD bakasura design.

Meh I feel it's a good system. If lore states you're shooting down stars then I don't feel you should you should be placed at 2-C cause you can kinda sorta contend with a Pantheon leader. But even though I'm firmly against it it seems that not many people can look at what I'm saying and try to comprehend it.

Here is what I'm saying in as simplified words as possible:

1. Olorun, Chaos, Pantheon leaders (ƒÿƃñöƒÿæ), and Primordials should be placed at Low 2-C

2. Regular gods should be placed from low end at 4-B to high end at either 3-A or Low 2-C based on who they are and who they scale to. [im saying either 3-A to Low 2-C because honestly I believe that the Pantheon leaders should be at a max at 3-A put the consensus from the previous thread and this thread is to place them at Low 2-C so that's why I'm saying either 3-A or 2-C because not everyone compares to the Pantheon leaders. Some like Hades and Ares compare to the heads but others don't so placing someone at a higher tier when they truly don't compare is nonsensical to me.]

3. Monsters, demigods, humans with either magic or equipment that makes them comparatively similar to gods, should be placed at the same range as regular gods up to Low 2-C. Most monsters are weaker than Pantheon leaders but there are some that are stated to be destined to kill either Pantheon leaders (Fenir) or take out entire Pantheons.

Again I honestly don't think that the Pantheon leaders are Low 2-C worthy and I truly believe that their place is 3-A but consensus has thwarted me at this point.

Again I say for regular gods to be place at a low end of 4-B because there are gods with lores stating that they either move the sun or shoot down 9 stars. COMPARING to that and scaling higher is the option I'm trying to give.

Plus for regular gods like Hades, Ares, Loki they on some point or other can directly compare to a Pantheon leader before amp (Hades is amped by taking the powers of ragnorok, Ares via war, Loki with Zeus's thunderbolt bodies several gods including neith, Athena, Hermes) Hell even Bellona amped by war took in Chernobog.

@Gaaraofthedesert801 the comics are completely canon to the story. The current odyssey is based off of Zeus's and the other gods death. That happened in the comics long before this odyssey. The gameplay was originally based off the comics. Yes SMITE stopped using the comics altogether but that doesn't take away from the fact that they started with the comics and did initially use the comics to build their world.

1. I'm ok with this. Except Chaos isn't in the game lol. Did you mean Chronos ?

2. Regular gods being 4-B doesn't bother me at all but the thing is some of them being 3-A will be a little a confusing to me. I understand what you mean but an idea could have been to make one tier for the leaders, one for the regular and one for monsters and co. BUT we could still get something like "4-B, possibly 3-A" or something like that.

3. I agree to. Fenrir could possibly get a key though due to the Ragnarök thing and Jörmmungandr is clearly above regular monsters due to his role in the lore.

For the 3-A thing....i kind of agree. I mean, there is a little confusion about Olorun not being above the other pantheon leaders like Odin or Zeus and comparable to them, wich should put them on the same tier, but i can see why 3-A should be a thing. It will probably bother you but could you make some kind of list to show us wich god would correspond to wich tier to you ?

Note : Hades isn't a regular god, more like a "superior" god, comparable to Zeus himself.

And yeah, the comics ARE canon.

In general, i mostly agree with that idea.

I said the MAGAZINE. Not the comics. The comics made hy Dark Horse are canon. The "official magazine" isn't canon. Sorry for that confusion.

And I'm fine with that compromise as long as the low 2-C feats and scaling is given attention to rather than ignored. If they get a "at most low 2-C" bit of scaling then that's good for me. My only point was to try and avoid arbitrary downplay without giving what I felt was the more consistent scaling ANY attention. The way you had originally yalked, you made it sound like it was all trash. If I misunderstood then I apologize

Back