• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMITE tier revision

Antvasima said:
@Bambu
Thank you for helping out. Please remember to update the wiki profiles that link to the deleted pages. Preferably the verse page links as well.
I have done so.

So seems Cthulhu MIGHT be coming to Smite. Not 100% convinced but there is evidence for it.

What do you guys think about that prospect? A great old one clashing with the gods of earth? Would be nice to have a decent Cthulhu on here that isn't A: OVERPOWERED AS HELL, or B: Obscure as hell. And he would bring a unique tone and aesthetic to Smite. Though there are so many other real mythologies that could be added and existing pantheons that could use some fleshing out.

Wait, what ? Where di you see that ?! Not that i don't believe you but what ?!

The problem is that it depends on the god chosen. Of course, Cthulhu is likely to be the one but if they chose to bring Nyarlatothep or even Azathoth, it's absurdly impossible that he won't be at least on the same level as pantheon leaders of Primordials. An interesting element to remember however is that even if Cthulhu is brought into the game, why shouldn't he be equal to the other gods ? I mean yeah, Lovecraft "gods" are known for being horrifically powerful but so are the gods from various mythologies.

Well there is various story hints, data mining hints, and the data mining guy is usually VERY reliable ans the community generally trusts the stuff he digs up. And he says a source he trusts also said Cthulhu is a possibility. I mean in story, Baba Yaga is afraid of someone waking up. Cthulhu IS a sleeper. Ratatoskr here's a voice and language he has never heard before. The next god is made to sound like an abyssal god and Cthulhu sleeps in a sunken city...and greek oracles have been noted to be TEARING THEIR EYES OUT along with other crazy things caused by Yggdrasil going bad. And the data mining? The next god is being tested with two very alien/lovecraftian like skins.

Oh I'm not saying he wouldnt be as powerfuk as the smite gods, just...canon Cthulhu is implied to be beyond angled space, aka dimensions. As are other great old ones. And some of them, like hastur, use lower avatars. And it's implied the Cthulhu we know is one such avatar of the true one. canon great old ones are op. Though not on the same level as the outer gods, of course.

I mean it could all be coincidental evidence but...when ya take it all in together? It SCREAMS Cthulhu. But I'm not FULLY convinced yet as obvious as it may seem.

Okay. You need to make sure that you have the right settings as well, and haven't disallowed email messages from Fandom though.

I posted a screencapture of the right settings in the first post of the linked thread.

See here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4208849

Just a thing, maybe it's a stupid question but i wanted to be sure, what will happen to all the profiles we've made after all of this ? And i understodd the right way, we will recieve a message to indicate what to do next ? We'll be able to continue making profiles on the future website ?

Yes. This website will remain as it is. Only the forum will disappear and get a replacement.

Yes. Also, the software that Fandom runs on will receive massive upgrades to a much newer system, so everything will likely not look and function quite the same way, but all of the pages in the wiki will remain.

I will highlight a new thread with information when it is time, yes. Just pay attention for new pop-up messages.

Back