• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Smash Bros Ranking: This is going to take a while

Pikaman

He/Him
Hello!

So, title is fairly obvious, I’m planning on ranking every smash character.

So here’s how I’m planning to run that whole shabang

So each character has already been placed into a tier list based on their highein-canon tiers (this has exceptions, such as no Paper Mario keys for Mario etc.) (I’m not an expert on every verse’s lore, so I might not have gotten all of these right, sorry)

It should also be noted that this means hax is far less of a factor compared to AP as it would be in a normal versus thread. Though to allow hax to have some sort of impact, the tier list did not include “high” or “low” versions of tiers.

Character whose only profile are their smash bros incarnations are not included in the list, bar the Mii Fighters

A character with “at least” or “higher with” will just have whatever definitive number is there, if we can’t put a tier on a weapon or an ability, it won’t be considered.

If characters are “X, potentially/likely/possibly Y” then Y will be used as their tier.

Then, I’m using a matchup ranking system to figure out who is the highest right down to lowest in each “tier” (tier as in the tier list, rather than the more in-depth vs battle wiki tiering system.) (This means these characters are being ranked on how they fare explicitly against each other, rather than just a gen

Naturally, there will be a lot of stomps and blitzes.

So my idea is to use this thread as a “stomp checker”, I’ll put forward the next match on the agenda, and if it’s a stomp, simple, log the winner in and move on, if it’s close? I’ll open a Vs Thread here (I’d do it in the normal Vs Thread forum, but due to the nature of the ranking, Incon isn’t really an option, so fun and games is probably best for this type of thread.)

We’ll start at the highest tier that is shared by two or more characters, and make our way down.

I’m also planning something particular for the Mario Franchise, since they all scale off each other, and individually putting them all against each other, and then every other 3-C character, would be tiring and redundant

So, matchup one is Cloud vs Sephiroth, both in their Dissidia, 2-A tiers

I’ve never played FF before but common sense says that’s not a stomp

So I’ll get that thread up soon, and that’ll begin this probably several month if not year long process

Last edited:
Back