• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The remaining Smash Bros profiles contains both the information and tiering from both their original entry (Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, Wii Fit the F-Zero TV Show) as well as Super Smash Bros onto one page. The problem is that they are 2 entirely separate characters with different continuities with the only thing relating them to each other is that they both technically share the same identity. It is like having Dragon Ball Super Goku and Heroes Goku on one page because both are technically Goku.

I think the profile should be split into one profile for the original series, and one profile for the Smash Bros version. With a Tab to link them like we do for characters such as Superman or Godzilla.

Despite that, there are a few problems with some of the profiles
Ice Climbers
Ice Climber's 8-C feat does not have a calc, it needs to be calculated because all of their statistics come from it.
Duck Hunt Dog and Wii Fit deletion
The Wii Fit and Duck Hunt profile are entirely useless, they have no superhuman feats or abilities or skill sets worth indexing. Wii Fit Trainer is a regular gymnast and Duck Hunt Dog is a normal hunting dog (admittedly the Duck Hunt dog survived getting shot in the arcade version but that is really it). Delete the information relating to their original games from both profiles and keep the information relating to their Smash profile.

Last edited:
I agree with splitting the profiles up + Ice Climbers needing a calc. Not even having a link to the feat is very poor.

While I don't care particularly whether or not the Duck Hunt Dog + Wii Fit Trainer get deleted, them not having any superhuman feats isn't really a good reason to remove them. Characters can be below superhuman levels of strength and still have interesting abilities or skill sets, and the characters in question are somewhat well known.

I’ve wanted to see the Smash keys made into profiles for a while now, though I think keeping the original profiles is fine really

I agree with splitting the profiles up + Ice Climbers needing a calc. Not even having a link to the feat is very poor.

While I don't care particularly whether or not the Duck Hunt Dog + Wii Fit Trainer get deleted, them not having any superhuman feats isn't really a good reason to remove them. Characters can be below superhuman levels of strength and still have interesting abilities or skill sets, and the characters in question are somewhat well known.
I mean, they don't really have interesting abilities/skill sets. Wii Fit Trainer is your average fitness instructor, and Duck Hunt Dog is your average hunting dog (Plus, being well known does not always give a profile, Greg Heffley is very well known yet he does not have a profile)

why are those the only smash profiles, why cant any others be made (smash profiles aren't allowed for some reason right?)

He had a profile at one point, but it was deleted for being wanked or something like that.
Greg heffley was deleted for being a non-combat oriented character the profiles were made again that time focusing on the movies but deleted again for the reason I mentioned also there is stuff for wii fit trainer there is a upgrade thread here

I mean, they don't really have interesting abilities/skill sets. Wii Fit Trainer is your average fitness instructor, and Duck Hunt Dog is your average hunting dog (Plus, being well known does not always give a profile, Greg Heffley is very well known yet he does not have a profile)
If there's nothing to index, then fine, but that should be the argument then rather than them not having superhuman feats.

ok, it says that characters like that aren't allowed, but doesnt give a reason, just that they aren't allowed

Basically most Smash Bros characters are the same as they are in their own verse, just High 7-A and with a limited pool of abilities. No reason to make them unless there's a distinct difference between the smash version + original.

We have an entire category for people who want answers to something, use that instead of derailing the thread.

Wii Fit Trainer actually scales to Miis for canonically being their trainer, just letting ya know. Their abilities are barely there but they def can have determinable stats from that. I actually made a thread about it.

Are we talking about the same Wii Fit trainer from the push up challenge? The one where literally giving it their all has them beaten after 100 push ups?

Jokes aside, them being the same tier as the Miis makes sense.

The Smash cast has over 30 abilities different from the original respective version out of the spirits, but apparently that didn't save Smash Kirby even back when that was added.

I would agree with that. Thought you meant the entirety of the profile for a moment.

IDK
Duck Hunt can be an insightful profile (the dog alone really doesn't make sense)
Duck Hunt is not just the dog, it's also the duck (or whatever bird its meant to be) and the NES Zapper. If you pay attention to the animations of the special moves and Final Smash, the Zapper is overlaid on top of characters and objects in the game, showing the player holding the Zapper is assisting the Duck Hunt duo.

The Smash Bros iteration is a 3-part group, but the Zapper/player is sort of an abstract and putting it into a VS battle is kind of strange given the Zapper is a toy shot at a 2-D surface (a TV) and when we imagine a VS Battle, we use either standard battle assumptions (3D world, knock-out/BFR rules, etc. apply), Hop finds it hard to ignore the Zapper is part of the canon Smash version, yet, implementing it into a fight is... hard to comprehend. Bit odd, innit?

IDK
Duck Hunt can be an insightful profile (the dog alone really doesn't make sense)
Duck Hunt is not just the dog, it's also the duck (or whatever bird its meant to be) and the NES Zapper. If you pay attention to the animations of the special moves and Final Smash, the Zapper is overlaid on top of characters and objects in the game, showing the player holding the Zapper is assisting the Duck Hunt duo.

The Smash Bros iteration is a 3-part group, but the Zapper/player is sort of an abstract and putting it into a VS battle is kind of strange given the Zapper is a toy shot at a 2-D surface (a TV) and when we imagine a VS Battle, we use either standard battle assumptions (3D world, knock-out/BFR rules, etc. apply), Hop finds it hard to ignore the Zapper is part of the canon Smash version, yet, implementing it into a fight is... hard to comprehend. Bit odd, innit?
I think the problem is, looking at the profile, the OG duck hunt profile (Which I am referring to in the OP) is just the dog. Although the "player" being in the smash duck hunt profile may need a new thread

I think the problem is, looking at the profile, the OG duck hunt profile (Which I am referring to in the OP) is just the dog. Although the "player" being in the smash duck hunt profile may need a new thread
Seems like Nintendo/HAL made it the kind of a thing not up for debate, as it's revealed (everything but literally stated word for word out loud) that the Zapper is and intentionally part of the Smash Duck Hunt team, which is crazy but its what they wanted, suppose it couldn't be complete without it.

But by the way, all it seems that the polar bears do is not really "shake the mountain", they cause the screen to go up but they don't "shake it" in a sense.

I think they should have a calc for them breaking a block and that is what the OG climbers scale to

Back