• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Upgrade for Connie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
So I just finished reading the Steven Universe Graphic Novel "Too Cool for School" and in the comic, Connie is able to throw a ball hard enough to hurt a Gem Monster that's strong enough to breakthrough walls and even posed a threat to the Crystal Gems (though this might be an outlier/PIS). I think this could upgrade Connie to Wall level in base.

Scan of the fight

Scan of it breaking the wall

According to this post, the comics as well as Attack The Light are indeed considered Lv. 2 canon. (didn't attack the light have the Gems reacting to light?)

Theirs also an off hand statement near the end that says Connie and Steven are really smart, with Steven havng a "Galaxy class Education", if that means anything.

Thoughts?

9-B base Connie doesn't sound crazy, I haven't see the comic, but is Connie was just able to hust the monster with that she could be Likely 9-B at most. Monsters reacting to light sound weird, and Galaxy Class education sound vague or some hyperbole, doesn't sound like something serious

Wall level Connie seems legit.

I don't think the Gems reacted to light in AtL, at least not that I recall. White Light will fire legit lasers if angered, but the Gems can't react to them and they're unavoidable unless Steven is already shielding the target before White Light fires.

@Antoniofer

She didn't fight the monster head on, only by throwing stuff at it. Still, throwing a ball hard enough to hurt a Wall level thing would likely still result in Wall level AP, albeit on a lower end.

I should've explained the Galaxy class education more. Basically Pearl said that Stevens Education under her care was superior than Earth schools (Grade to Middle school, dunno for anything higher) and this was reflected in Stevens perfect grades.

I think it could scale to her durability since she did have the strength to throw the ball hard enough, but thats it.

This seems reasonable, as long as the graphic novel is within continuity.

Antvasima said:
This seems reasonable, as long as the graphic novel is within continuity.
Well, as I mentioned in the OP, the games and comics are consindered secondary canon. Since the book was written by Jeremy Sorese, who wrote for all of the other comics, I think this would fall into canon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back