• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Madness Combat Revisions

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
A while back, Phoenix brought it to my attention that in the Madness Combat games, Hank, Sanford, Deimos, and Jesus all have Bullet Time.

8:23

14:20

0:45

It was my personal laziness that I did not get to this earlier.

This slightly supports a similar scene in MC4 where Hank leaps over a group of agents and seemingly activates a similar ability; I would of dismissed that, if not for this mechanic in the games.

I would not call it a game mechanic purely, so;

Jesus (Madness Combat), Hank J. Wimbleto, Sanford, and Deimos (Madness Combat) should get some sort of bullet time. (Be this statistic amp or time manip. Feel free to voice what you think it should be.)

Thoughts?

Hl3 or bust said:
Iirc Bullet Timing is just stat amping unless its explicitely shown to be time manip
Give me a second to edit, then.

This page on the MC Wiki goes into depth on it. They describe it as 'perceiving time at a slower page' which is honestly how I see it. This also supplies far more evidence of it's use.

Stat amp it is, then.

Uh

Looks fine, I guess

I was kinda surprised when I saw it, but... I guess it's legit? So yea.

I believe this is around enough to go ahead and add it, at least, for a verse as small as Madness Combat.

Probably. If you want biggum staff input, Prom is knowledgeable (albeit probably busy, but still)

I dunno if it's actual Stat Amp or just the game/episode slowing down to demonstrate their speed, like what it is in Matrix, so I'd be on the fence.

Since it's been shown in not only the episodes, but also the game, and it's literally called 'bullet time' in the game and is used as a method to easily hit large groups of people at once, I'm heavily inclined in favor of it being stat amp.

Basically, while it could be argued that in the episodes, it is just demonstrating their speed (That's what I thought originally), in the games it's far more blunt about it being bullet time and it helping the user shoot more people while they can't really respond.

Bump. This may be enough to add, given how small the verse is, and apparently there are 9-A brackets so this should be done quickly.

Neutral, fits viably under either.

Stat Amp seems the best to me, personally.

We never seem to have reached a conclusion here.

At the same time we've stalemated on arguments.

I personally think Stat Amp seems to fit best. It's not blatantly time manipulation, and it's much more of a stretch to assume the slowing down of time for characters that don't use magic rather than just buffing. As well, manipulation is broader than amplification, and given it seems to also buff their speed (They seem to be able to fire more quickly and move around faster than those around him), it really doesn't seem like it's 'perception'.

Well, most opinions seem either neutral or in favor of Stat Amp, without anyone opposing it being Stat Amp. If we apply the same logic we use for vsbattles matches, that means we're in favor of Stat Amp. Considering the size of the verse, I'm not sure if we need too much more input to add it, unless someone has a large argument about it.

Since there's no opposition, only people on the fence or in favor on Stat Amp, may I add this?

Back