• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small God of High School Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a simple small upgrade to The God of High School

Speed Upgrade​

This calculation was just now recently accepted which puts Mori's reactive and combative speed at Hypersonic+. This should scale to Mori and everyone relative or greater than him in season 1.

AP Upgrade​

This calculation hasn't been accepted yet, however, if it does it would upgrade all of Mira and the main cast's Large Town Level to Small City/City level (depending on accepted end). Also if someone could calculate the cloud split, I couldn't do it properly and got roughly town level with i, but yeah couldn't properly do it.

Yeah this is all good. Should wait for calc group approval first tho.

There's nothing that suggests it's a mountain as opposed to a hill, and considering how far above it the clouds are, I doubt it reaches the full 609.6 meters. I remember seeing a study that had cumulus clouds at exactly that high, but further research puts them at usually around or below 550 meters, apparently.

I'd love to support this with some of the curvature and general wideshots shots in this arc that don't show anything mountainous but considering that spatial consistency isn't exactly the creator's forte, I'll just stick to my current statement

There's nothing that suggests it's a mountain as opposed to a hill, and considering how far above it the clouds are, I doubt it reaches the full 609.6 meters. I remember seeing a study that had cumulus clouds at exactly that high, but further research puts them at usually around or below 550 meters, apparently.
I disagree with the idea that it's a hill and not a mountain. Mountains and hills have distinctive features when it comes to them. Hills are smaller than mountains and have a more "bump" shape to them, they have rounded tops with no well-defined summits, while mountains have well-defined points or point-rounded peaks to them. We can see that the mountain in question does have a well-defined summit point to it, with it pointing and having a steep incline to it, so personally, it does visually appear to be a mountain.

Using the cloud heights for it being shorter than a mountain size also doesn't make sense to me. Cumulus clouds are listed to have altitudes ranging from 1000ft-5000ft (304.8-1524m) by this source, 1200-6500ft (365.76-1981.2m) by this source, and have an altitude of 1800-7900ft (550-2400m) and are 20000ft (6100m) in mountainous and arid areas. So the cloud height wouldn't make sense as the type of cloud not only can reach heights greater than 609.6m but also are noted to reach higher altitudes around mountains.

I'd love to support this with some of the curvature and general wideshots shots in this arc that don't show anything mountainous but considering that spatial consistency isn't exactly the creator's forte, I'll just stick to my current statement
While the author does lax around with the art in his series, he has included mountains and mountainous terrain in the area and arc. Such examples are on the outskirts of the city, some mountainous structures within the city, across the battlefield such as the one Mira cut, and others getting blown up by the sword throws, when Mori erects the yeoui and in Ilypo and Baek's fights too. So while yes the author isn't the best when he comes to it, the inclusion of mountains has been present throughout the area of the arc.

Basically:

1) Matches the general description of how a mountain should generally look compared to a hill.
2) The height of the clouds can range greater than 609.6m and are noted to do so in mountainous and arid areas
3)Mountains have been showcased within the arc and area showing consistency of them existing and it being a mountain.

I disagree with the idea that it's a hill and not a mountain. Mountains and hills have distinctive features when it comes to them. Hills are smaller than mountains and have a more "bump" shape to them, they have rounded tops with no well-defined summits, while mountains have well-defined points or point-rounded peaks to them. We can see that the mountain in question does have a well-defined summit point to it, with it pointing and having a steep incline to it, so personally, it does visually appear to be a mountain.
A quick google search gets this, this and this, all of which fall under this definition of a mountain. The article itself is also in vague terms because most of it is dedicated to saying "we agree on very few things in terms of what a mountain even is"
Using the cloud heights for it being shorter than a mountain size also doesn't make sense to me. Cumulus clouds are listed to have altitudes ranging from 1000ft-5000ft (304.8-1524m) by this source, 1200-6500ft (365.76-1981.2m) by this source, and have an altitude of 1800-7900ft (550-2400m) and are 20000ft (6100m) in mountainous and arid areas. So the cloud height wouldn't make sense as the type of cloud not only can reach heights greater than 609.6m but also are noted to reach higher altitudes around mountains.
Admittedly it's not exactly as concrete as I thought it was when I was first writing (Since the last time I checked the data on it, cumulus clouds started at 2000 feet outright) but it's an easy way to demonstrate the point

This is the gap between an actual mountain and cumulus clouds, meanwhile the one between this supposed mountain and the clouds about the same length into the background is much greater.
While the author does lax around with the art in his series, he has included mountains and mountainous terrain in the area and arc. Such examples are on the outskirts of the city, some mountainous structures within the city, across the battlefield such as the one Mira cut, and others getting blown up by the sword throws, when Mori erects the yeoui and in Ilypo and Baek's fights too. So while yes the author isn't the best when he comes to it, the inclusion of mountains has been present throughout the area of the arc.
I suppose I remembered the wrong details (Namely stuff like the completely barren curvature shots or this wack thing), but there's a lot of inconsistency even with the images you're providing. All of those mountains are presented and look different, with ranges accompanying them meanwhile Mira just sorta stumbles upon a single lone mountain? It's a bit weird, but, again, not the primary point (outside of these ranges clearly being another thing separate from Mira's scene)

A quick google search gets this, this and this, all of which fall under this definition of a mountain. The article itself is also in vague terms because most of it is dedicated to saying "we agree on very few things in terms of what a mountain even is"
The first two examples are given are hills, the Colmer's hill, located in the Marshwood vale, and the Silbury Hill located in England. These two examples perfectly fit the mentioned criteria of a hill with them both being "bump" shaped and have well rounded summits with distinct well-defined points or point-rounded peaks.
the definitions of a mountain and hill may seem vague, they are consistent when looking at them, searching up a hills gives us example of hills "bump" shaped mounts, while mountains show us the pointed peaks and have that general triangular shape. The third example is the Ponmudi Hill Station located in India which seems to be part of the mountain and rests at an elevation of 1100m which would and is regarded as the mountains peak as well.

None of the examples really dispute the shape not being mountain like, with the first two directly being examples of "bump" shaped mounds which is used to describe hills.

Admittedly it's not exactly as concrete as I thought it was when I was first writing (Since the last time I checked the data on it, cumulus clouds started at 2000 feet outright) but it's an easy way to demonstrate the point

This is the gap between an actual mountain and cumulus clouds, meanwhile the one between this supposed mountain and the clouds about the same length into the background is much greater.
The height of the cloud can range as noted previously, these examples show varying heights of the clouds and mountains in the images, some are low and some seem to be close to twice as high as the mountain, so it can all vary. So I don't feel like the cloud height would affect it being a mountain, especially with the previous mentioning they can be as high as 2000m, especially is fiction where the author draws the type of clouds you would draw back when you where 10.

I suppose I remembered the wrong details (Namely stuff like the completely barren curvature shots or this wack thing), but there's a lot of inconsistency even with the images you're providing. All of those mountains are presented and look different, with ranges accompanying them meanwhile Mira just sorta stumbles upon a single lone mountain? It's a bit weird, but, again, not the primary point (outside of these ranges clearly being another thing separate from Mira's scene)
I agree that it shitty that the author is lazy when it comes to drawing background art or the environment, heck while looking for the images I saw the exact same background that was used in the present day used as a background for a flashback. I do agree that it's wacky. but then again this is the same guy who forgot Jupiter was a gas planet and decided to just make it solid lmao. The mountains looking different is just they are just different across the area, and the one that Mira found was just a lone mountain, Free-standing mountains are a thing (Lone mountains that aren't part of mountain ranges).

Personally, I believe there is nothing to imply it is a hill when there is nothing to disprove it is a mountain. It does, however, appear to be more like a generic mountain than a hill, and I believe this is because of its shape. The cloud height also doesn't suggest differently because cloud heights can vary and wouldn't put a size restriction on the mountains, and often in fiction, mountains are what these types of objects appear to be anyways.

I think it's a mountain mainly based on the fact that the clouds appear way smaller behind it than it would behind a hill, for a hill if it was that far (or wasn't), the clouds would simply appear almost the same size as the ones closer, or even if not bc it was not that far in the back, then the clouds would cover it as a whole almost, and appear way bigger. Also based on the fact that the height of the clouds are that high in the front but appear to be lower even if it should be the same height for that mountain.

I think it's a mountain mainly based on the fact that the clouds appear way smaller behind it than it would behind a hill, for a hill if it was that far (or wasn't), the clouds would simply appear almost the same size as the ones closer, or even if not bc it was not that far in the back, then the clouds would cover it as a whole almost, and appear way bigger. Also based on the fact that the height of the clouds are that high in the front but appear to be lower even if it should be the same height for that mountain.
Plus, if it was a hill the top wouldn't really cover the clouds like that based on their height on the closer part of the panel

Sorry, sorta just decided to take a break for a bit and forgot about this
The first two examples are given are hills, the Colmer's hill, located in the Marshwood vale, and the Silbury Hill located in England. These two examples perfectly fit the mentioned criteria of a hill with them both being "bump" shaped and have well rounded summits with distinct well-defined points or point-rounded peaks.
the definitions of a mountain and hill may seem vague, they are consistent when looking at them, searching up a hills gives us example of hills "bump" shaped mounts, while mountains show us the pointed peaks and have that general triangular shape. The third example is the Ponmudi Hill Station located in India which seems to be part of the mountain and rests at an elevation of 1100m which would and is regarded as the mountains peak as well.
If it is that exact, the mountain seems a bit rounded as opposed to a proper, triangular point. Then again, the last example is a hill being the peak of a mountain which is... strange, but eh it's nature
I agree that it shitty that the author is lazy when it comes to drawing background art or the environment, heck while looking for the images I saw the exact same background that was used in the present day used as a background for a flashback. I do agree that it's wacky. but then again this is the same guy who forgot Jupiter was a gas planet and decided to just make it solid lmao. The mountains looking different is just they are just different across the area, and the one that Mira found was just a lone mountain, Free-standing mountains are a thing (Lone mountains that aren't part of mountain ranges).
Free-standing mountains also are a lot rarer and a few of them seem to have a bit stranger shapes (Mount Kilimanjaro is just a massive plateau, Larch Mountain is only a little bit more pointed, Cathedral peak is essentially a tooth sticking out of the earth, probably more examples if I were to keep looking) but I guess

I really don't like the idea of a rare type of mountain spontaneously forming into existence exactly where Mira's blade is touching but I ran dry on solid counterarguments so I'll just take this new knowledge of mountains and let you kids have fun

(Though sidenote I personally read "YOU HAVE NO IMAGINATION" more as him saying it was Non-Physical interaction than Jupiter actually being a solid but it's not like that changes the sentiment of this man flying 343 meters per second by the seat of his pants at every turn)

Sorry, sorta just decided to take a break for a bit and forgot about this
That's fine.

If it is that exact, the mountain seems a bit rounded as opposed to a proper, triangular point. Then again, the last example is a hill being the peak of a mountain which is... strange, but eh it's nature
Point-rounded peaks were one of the things mentioned earlier. It's the only real distinction between them besides "Hill small and mountain big". The most consistent difference that has been mentioned is an obvious peak, which can be seen in mountain Mira cut, and a mountain is steeper than a hill. Nature is strange.

Free-standing mountains also are a lot rarer and a few of them seem to have a bit stranger shapes (Mount Kilimanjaro is just a massive plateau, Larch Mountain is only a little bit more pointed, Cathedral peak is essentially a tooth sticking out of the earth, probably more examples if I were to keep looking) but I guess
Mount Chimborazo is also free-standing and has a near identical shape to the one in the feat, as well as Julianatop which is similar but not as close as the prior one. My guess is that they come in all shapes and sizes, some similar some not.

I really don't like the idea of a rare type of mountain spontaneously forming into existence exactly where Mira's blade is touching but I ran dry on solid counterarguments so I'll just take this new knowledge of mountains and let you kids have fun
It's obvious the author wanted to make the scene cool and put a mountain there for here to cut, which he does a lot. Also, are you giving the A-Okay to use the feat for now with this comment? little confused by it.

(Though sidenote I personally read "YOU HAVE NO IMAGINATION" more as him saying it was Non-Physical interaction than Jupiter actually being a solid but it's not like that changes the sentiment of this man flying 343 meters per second by the seat of his pants at every turn)
(Slight spoiler for the most recent chapters if not caught up) I mean he's done other stuff like making Mars crack after being hit by Jupiter, he thinks absorbing the light from a Star leaves a rocky planet-like structure behind, stars apparently also crack like rocks despite them being also entirely gas and plasma. So yeah, he doesn't have the best understanding of celestial bodies.

It's obvious the author wanted to make the scene cool and put a mountain there for here to cut, which he does a lot. Also, are you giving the A-Okay to use the feat for now with this comment? little confused by it.
I noticed an error on the calc but yeah go ahead, once that's sorted out

Last edited:
The low end of the updated Mira calculation has been accepted. The first calculation has already been accepted quite a while ago although nothing has been implemented.

For the speed calculation, all Season 1 characters would get Hypersonic+ combat and reactions, although only Mira and Mira would keep Subsonic travel speeds as they have shown to keep up with Mori travelling to the GoH arena.

For the AP calculation, the low end of Small City Level has been accepted. In this case low level priests like Saturn and the others on Sage planet would scale to the 2x value as Saturn was able to fight an amped Mira pretty eventually until she let her guard down, while Mira would obviously scale to base value. Both still in the same tier.

@Sir_Ovens I can make the speed changes for the profiles if this proposal is fine. While the AP can be left to you as you have a better understanding on which profiles would be changed.

Oh yeah just a small addition, but the Blue Giant feat is not Stellar, but Multi-Stellar in LS. I forgot to multiply the final result by 3. Since this is like hardly refutable I'll just make that change too.

I'm done with all the changes. This can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back