• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SMAAAASH!! (Ness VS Metal Bat)

In order to celebrate the recent 7-B wave of OPM characters, lets pit Metal Bat against an opponent that would've one shot him prior to the upgrade!

This is Pre-Magicant Ness (Low 7-B) VS "Fighting Spirit Boost" Metal Bat (At least 7-B)

Speed is equalized, otherwise SBA.

Who wins, and why?
Ness SSBU
okey

Metal Bat-1

How is Metal Bat supposed to put down Ness at all? PSI abilities that could incap instantly would sorta screw him over big time, an addition to Passive Fate/Probability hax.

You should probably check Metal Bat 's profile before trying to making a comment. Not only does he have quite the AP advantage against Ness, PK Flash is an ability that's usually luck based. That means Ness won't ALWAYS instantly kill Metal Bat (the other side effects that occur won't really do much considering the aspect of mind manipulation). There's also the fact that Ness' PSI abilities usually circulate around gesture-based attacks, for the most part. This isn't too different from Scarlet Witch from the MCU (Somebody should correct me on that however). That means Ness won't be able to instantly twist him apart with his mind at the beginning of the match like Mob or somebody like that. Also;

Psychic Resistance: Metal Bat's indomitable will granted him the ability to be immune to certain psychic forces and very resistant to others, due to his astonishing willpower known as the Fighting Spirit. (Don't know if that affects Ness' PSI attacks, but that gives him some sort of advantage if he can resist them.)

though probability hax might give Ness the edge in this battle

I did check his profile, there is just not a lot going for him that will get him the victory. I know AP is an issue, but no way is he beating Fate hax. And I am well aware of how PK Flash functuons. That's not the only thing that could cause instant incapacitation, there is hypnosis (though, it appears that he has immense stamina, so that's out of the question) and paralysis. His resistace to mind manipulation could use a liitle bit of elaborating. I can only see Flash and Paralysis incapacitating him.

Where did you get the idea that some of Ness's PSI move require some form of gesture? I know it isn't directly shown in game, but I don't think Ness or any PSI users require the use of gesture, only their thoughts. Also, Ness doesn't use telekinesis in battle, like at all. He has it because he was able to lift a bottle as a baby, but we don't see him using this ability to use in combat.

Fate/Probability hax gives Ness a huge advanatage, not just a slight or "edge" advantage.

ok i've been playing smash games a little too much, that's why i thought about the weird gesture thing. completely disregard what i just said before

That's completely understandable. However, PSI Fire actually does require some gesture as it fires off from the fingers. But as you know, Ness doesn't learn PSI Fire and is only accessible in smash bros, which ain't canon to the origin story Like seriously, his fate hax would just protect him from Galeem's light beam attack

im starting to think i should probably restrict truth of the universe, because it suddenly makes a somewhat evenly matched battle (or something) into a definitive stomp in ness' favor lmao

Back