• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight Soul Eater Hax Additions

It was on my mind since I was re-watching Soul Eater about 2 days ago but I would like to know....

Shouldnt BlackStar, Stein and Death the Kid be able to Bypass Durability? Reasons why I ask:

For Blackstar, he is able to physically blast his soulwavelength into his victims without needing to pierece or damage their bodies or needing his weapon Tsubaki. Basically, when blasting his soulwavelength into his opponents, his soulwavelength bypasses their body and attacks their soul directly. Something like Gentle Fist from Naruto. Stein would also be getting this since he used the same technique on Maka and Soul.

And for Death the Kid, IIRC, the bullets his gun releases arent real bullets but are merely parts of his soulwavelength in the form of bullets that can directly attack a victims soul and even go through them. I believe he attacked Soul like that when fighting him and Blackstar.

Last thing-

I believe Stein should get Limited Power Nullifcation. I was watching him fight Soul, Maka, Blackstar and Tsubaki and when Blackstar used that move of his that allows him to blast soulwavelength into his opponents, Stein was completely unaffected because when he read Blackstar's soul and analyazed its nature and characteristics, Stein adjusted his soulwavelength to match Blackstars. And once both soulwavelengths matched, the attack Blackstar used lost all of its strength and did no damage to Stein. In other words, the instant Blackstar launched his attack, adjusting his soulwavelength made Stein "bond" with Blackstar like that between a weapon and meister. So if done the same way against an opponent, Stein would be able to cancel out the power of their attack and nullify it.

That is all.

Isn't Soul Manipulation already listed in Black Star and Stein's pages? Soul and Mind attacks bypassing physical durability should go without saying, but it could be added. I don't remember if Death the Kid's guns were stated to have the same effect.

As for the last thing, I don't think it works like that. Stein blocked Black Star's soul wavelength attack since he also knows how to manipulate his soul like that. It's a counter to that specific type of attack, not a counter to all attacks in general.

Well I dont remember Stein manipulating his soul really, just reading or analyzing it. At least from the anime, I dont know if its the same in the manga.

He also uses the same offensive wavelength technique Black Star has, IIRC it's how he defeated Crona despite her Black Blood stopping his weapon from slashing her.

Dunno. Did he ever do it to Medusa or someone around his level? Hmm, well it's hax so that shouldn't really matter.

Black Star wasn't really experienced at this kind of stuff at that time, so could it be that Stein could nullify his attack because of the big difference between them? Because I'm unsure if he could do this to people like Medusa and Death.

As far as I can remember Stein has only done that counter so against Black Star's soul wavelength attack because he can cancel that with his own soul wavelength manipulation. It's not Power Nullification or hax at all. It would be like if a character who can manipulate sound canceled an enemy sonic attack by matching its frequency and vibrations, or someone using a mirror to reflect a light-based attack. It doesn't mean they can do the same to other types of attacks.

Here is the specific explanation for what stein did.

And in my opinion LazyHunter is correct in that the method Stein used wouldn't work against anything which isn't an attack with a soul wavelength specifically and isn't really power nullification as much as it is using an inherent flaw in that technique.

Hmm. Well what should we label it as? Im sort of confused here.

If Stein can analyze a person's soul, gain their soul data and characteristics so he can match his soulwavelength with theres, then what attacks would or wouldnt be nullified via both characters soulwavelenghs cancelling each other out?

Also we shouldnt use the reason "it can't nullify all attacks" to not call it P.N. as I said LIMITED Power Nullifcation. I know this wouldnt work against all haxes.

@Kukui

I'm also agreeing with LazyHunter and DontTalk's interpretation. Power Nullification is the act of completely nullifying an ability itself. What Stein did is simply matching an attack with one of equal power and properties in order to cancel it out. By this logic, Kisuke Urahara would have Power Nullification for doing the same against Yammy.

But the problem here Rep is from what I remember, Stein did not release an attack at all. Unlike Kisuke who launched an attack to counter Yammy's Cero, All Stein did was analyze Blackstar's Soul and match his soulwavelength with Blackstars. As a matter of fact Stein didnt just not attack. Blackstar was the one who attacked him using that move and Stein shrugged it off because it didnt do any damage.

However, I have never read the S.E. manga so im not sure if Stein does the same thing like he did in the anime.

@Kukui

As LazyHunter stated, matching the soul wavelength of a soul wavelength attack is the same as canceling a sound attack with another sound attack. He's matching the wavelength and frequency in order to counteract it with an equal force. I'm not seeing what's so hard to interpret about this statement.

We don't give characters in Dragon Ball and Pokemon Power Nullification for stalemating each other in their Beam-O-Wars.

Just write on the profile what exactly happened? I mentioned this just recently, but if people would just do that it would likely be better for the profiles and resolve such unnecessary discussions.

Just note on the profile "Can resist soul wavelength attacks by matching his soul wavelength to the opponent".

That aside it really isn't power nullification. It is as much power nullfication as using a lightning rod to defend against lightning is.

Fair enough. But what would soulwavelength attacks classify as? Energy Manipulation since your launching energy into the opponent?

If you want to link it to something link it to soul manipulation, that is what black stars profile does.

But described they should be as soul wavelength attacks (or a nicer formulation of that) as there isn't any exact equivalent.

Back