• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight Doraemon gadgets revision

This is probably not too big of a CRT and should end quite quickly.

Doraemon has 2 weapons called the Jumbo Gun and the Flamethrower (Official names from the Vietnamese official translation, Supreme Gun and Thunder Rifle respectively in the fan scanlation). Jumbo Gun is said in both version to be able to oneshot a tank. The Flamethrower is more tricky, since the Vietnamese version says it can turn a building to ashes, while the scanlation simply says it can melt steel to ashes. I personally trust the official translation in Vietnamese. Anyway, here's the real deal:

Doraemon's current rating for AP and dura at maximum size is Multi-Continent level, due to blowing up a drago that did a 31.9-petaton feat, as Darkanine calculated. Thing is, he blew up that dragon using his Air Cannon, a weapon that's usually written as merely Street level for KO humans. Initially I thought he'd only get higher levels within Multi-Continent level by using Jumbo Gun and Flamethrower at that size. But I did some calculations that somehow ended up with Moon level to Small Planet level.

To avoid inflated result, I think it's best to have a proper number to scale from. So in short:

• I'd like to know the durability of WWII tanks (Panzer VI Tiger) in our wiki in conventional terms (since the current explanation for its dura is not really helpful to people not knowledgeable in weaponries). From the tank's dura we can figure out the AP to oneshot it, and scale it to the 31.9-petaton giant Air Cannon.
  • AP needed to turn your average building to ashes (it probably is higher than Building level). Then we can also scale it.
  • Figuring out the definitive AP of Jumbo Gun and Flamethrower is also important for upgrading Doraemon's durability with Pocket Forcefield, since it's a gadget assigned to police in the future where such weapons are redundant, so it's highly likely to be capable of tanking attacks from them.
Let's hope this can be settled quickly

Neither of those things will result in something higher than Multi-Continental.

Even if what you said is true, it'll still be hella lot higher than 31.9 petatons. So if it's perfectly calc-able I don't see any issue. I just asked for the dura of a tank and AP to reduce a building to ashes in Joules

Having a definite numerical value is better to arrange match-ups anyway :3

Reducing a whole mountain to ashes is only a 6-C feat. 31.9 petatons is High 6-A.

These will yield nothing for you. Sorry.

I have a feeling you are not understanding my point, so let me make it clear:

At standard size (129.3 cm tall), Doraemon is 9-B physically, with a 9-C Air Cannon, a 9-A Jumbo Gun (oneshotting a tank) and an at least 8-C (?) Flamethrower

At his largest shown size, his mere Air Cannon can reach 31.9 petatons. So his physical stat, Jumbo Gun and Flamethrower can naturally reach much higher (especially for the latter 2).

Hence I'm asking for a definitive number for tank durability to get the number to oneshot it and the AP needed to reduce a building to ashes. THEN we scale those numbers to the fodder Air Cannon's 31.9 petatons feat by multiplying the numbers for standard size Jumbo Gun and Flamethrower with the difference between 31.9 petatons and our value for Street level.

Did I make it clear?

That's not how it works. You cannot simply multiply unless a definitive multiplier is given and, chances are, that would still be below Petaton level. The tank you requested has durability as is, 9-A. As for the building. I just did a bunch of math on the subject off-site. I could link it if you like.

Basically. Even though I high-balled the calc overall, it came out to 8-A at base and up to Low 7-C. Assumed a stone house of some kind (granite and brick), two story, average size.

Back