• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slay The Princess Page Creation Discussion

So what's the plans for a CRT for all the new additions (minus the tier 1 stuff since ultima is handling that) if anyone is working on it.
Might need to split the Princess profile. Even just one more key, in addition to all the new abilities, definitely would make the current one a bit too big.
Also gotta discuss how we handle the Shifting Mound intervening to end the world and the such.

o be honest I probably just forgot to add them since I was in a rush to get the profiles made while the game was still in people's minds.
I also think the following abilities could be added as well: If we're going to revise his P&A a bit.

Instinctive Reaction: Through clearing his mind, he is able to achieve a state free of thought and self, where his body moves on its own.

Weapon Mastery: skillful enough to fight on even terms with the Adversary, despite her superior strength. You could really use any of his fights against the princess to justify this, he's clearly adept at using the Pristine Blade.

Additionally, the Moment of Clarity got a redesign. So we'll have to update that picture.
On the topic of updating images

We get a better look at TLQ's body during the new Spectre route. Could be worth updating his profile photo

Might need to split the Princess profile. Even just one more key, in addition to all the new abilities, definitely would make the current one a bit too big.
Perhaps we could move the Shifting Mound and Multitude stuff to a separate profile? No idea how else we'd go about splitting it, there isn't really a clean way to do so.

Unless you want to like...split EVERY princess variant into its own profile.

Instinctive Reaction: Through clearing his mind, he is able to achieve a state free of thought and self, where his body moves on its own.

Weapon Mastery: skillful enough to fight on even terms with the Adversary, despite her superior strength. You could really use any of his fights against the princess to justify this, he's clearly adept at using the Pristine Blade.
Think the Hunted being able to track the movements of others by feeling vibrations in the air which might also might qualify as Enhanced Senses.
There's also the Cold making us not feel pain, which could be listed as a resistance.
These being Voice dependent makes me feel like we should list them as a sub-power of his future Multiple Selves tho

Plus in regards to the Princesses' SI.
I remember it being iffy due to the LQ's personality but she's basically able to do the same to the Opportunist in the new Specter Chapter

Think the Hunted being able to track the movements of others by feeling vibrations in the air which might also might qualify as Enhanced Senses.
There's also the Cold making us not feel pain, which could be listed as a resistance.
These being Voice dependent makes me feel like we should list them as a sub-power of his future Multiple Selves tho
Those could definitely be sub-bullet points below Multiple Selves yeah!

We could also shift the justifications for his Supernatural Willpower as an aspect of his "Multiple Selves". Such as The Stubborn convincing TLQ to keep fighting after "Death" and The Paranoid keeping his vital organs from failing.

And nice lol. We could use that as justification for Princesses's SI then, during whatever revision will handle abilities.

Unless you want to like...split EVERY princess variant into its own profile.
That might work? The CH2 Princesses can get like a "Standard Abilities" tabber (Copy paste of the CH1 Princess) then two separate tabs for their own unique abilities in CH2 & CH3. I know the Princess page being so huge has been a turn-off for some, but I'm honestly kind of torn on this idea.

Also gotta discuss how we handle the Shifting Mound intervening to end the world and the such.
Tbh like half the princess could totally carry there own profile

It's big yeah but like...It's pretty organized I feel. I personally never had any difficulty navigating it; the tabbers are pretty clearly labeled. But I won't oppose it if other people want a complete profile split.

As long as we transfer all the Stats/Standard Tactics/P&A stuff into their respective profiles, no indexing information will be lost. Which is the important part.

if anyone is working on it
I'm not. Though for TLQ it's mostly just extra base abilities and rewritten justifications for his true power tab.
Honestly the main problem I have with it is how it would leave the CH1 Princess, pretty bare I'd say.
Easiest way would be to turn the baseline Princesses like the Damsel, Prisoner and Stranger into the base tab. Then the other forms have their own stuff.

The Multitude and Shifting Mound would either be with the first Princess or a seperate profile.

I also think the following abilities could be added as well: If we're going to revise his P&A a bit.

On the topic of updating images

We get a better look at TLQ's body during the new Spectre route. Could be worth updating his profile photo
Adding onto this. The Long Quiet should definitely be given Bodily Weaponry. we see him using his claws against Adversary.

As well as Minor Shapeshifting: As stated by one of the developers, His nature is a paradox, causing his appearance to shift in a manner similar to the Princesses. He both does and does not have a beak, for example.

in the fury the princess implys she thoughtwe were just pur skin, and in the apthonos when she'sbeaten we dee she has no insside, her skin is in ribbions with no inside... is the princess just her skin mowt of the time? Would explain why cutting her dosen't hurt her that much it would just be a paper cut to her

in the fury the princess implys she thoughtwe were just pur skin, and in the apthonos when she'sbeaten we dee she has no insside, her skin is in ribbions with no inside... is the princess just her skin mowt of the time? Would explain why cutting her dosen't hurt her that much it would just be a paper cut to her
I don't think so, the princess clearly shows to be made of flesh and bone and we cut her to the bone when we try to free her anyways.

Also a question regarding The narrator when the smitten tears our heart out, the narrator says 'no you didn't do that' but the scene keeps the same with the hero saying we can't see if he doesn't narrate it. And then, he says that we're in a path to the woods but is interrupted by the hero saying we're in the cabin already (as we're shown being in the cabin). Does that mean the narrator does not actually control the Construct, just what we see?

It seems to me like the Narrator is just using the LQ's own Subjective Reality to alter stuff. That's why He becomes virtually powerless when we see that He's fallible.

We see this happen during the Wraith route as well, with the narrator purposely describing the hallway to the end of the cabin as longer than it is in hopes of stopping the Princess from escaping: which visibly warps the hallway from the TLQ POV.

The Princess needs to actually chime in and rebuke the narrator to return the cabin to normal.

Also a question regarding The narrator when the smitten tears our heart out, the narrator says 'no you didn't do that' but the scene keeps the same with the hero saying we can't see if he doesn't narrate it. And then, he says that we're in a path to the woods but is interrupted by the hero saying we're in the cabin already (as we're shown being in the cabin). Does that mean the narrator does not actually control the Construct, just what we see?

The Narrator has no actual power. They're just fragmented shards of the person who made the construct. Everything works the way it does because the Long Quiet perceives reality in a certain fashion, as the construct itself is formed from their body from what I understand. Its why when TLQ empties their mind during the Empty Cup path the entire universe vanishes and all the split personalities are removed. The voices only influence reality through the power of the Long Quiet.

The Narrator has no actual power. They're just fragmented shards of the person who made the construct. Everything works the way it does because the Long Quiet perceives reality in a certain fashion, as the construct itself is formed from their body from what I understand. Its why when TLQ empties their mind during the Empty Cup path the entire universe vanishes and all the split personalities are removed. The voices only influence reality through the power of the Long Quiet.
Shouldn't we attribute the environment changes to TLQ instead of the Princess since in Empty Cup when you empty your mind reality goes from ****** up to normal cabin to void as well.

Shouldn't we attribute the environment changes to TLQ instead of the Princess since in Empty Cup when you empty your mind reality goes from ****** up to normal cabin to void as well.
Other than the Specter's pocket dimension, which would still exist "within" the Long Quiet, everything exists how it does because of how they perceive something at a conscious or subconscious level.

It's said in no uncertain terms that's the princess's influence several times, more likely the act of clearing your mind takes control back from the princess, as the apthoses shows even the strongest shard of her is no match for the Long quiet, the default state of the world is somehow what the narrator rigs to happen, removing the cabin itself is likely you pushing back his influence as well (tho whatever influence this is was something he did well making the constructe and probably separate from what happens actively during the game)

Other than the Specter's pocket dimension, which would still exist "within" the Long Quiet, everything exists how it does because of how they perceive something at a conscious or subconscious level.
The narrator says several times he has a responsibility to discirbe the truth, usually when something noone in TLQ's head likes happens, so there is some sort of objective reality there, what's there dosen't act solely by Perception, even if it was maybe created by TLQ's Perception initially

I have somethings in mind about the narrator and the nature of the construct that I wouldn't think twice about posting in a normal discussion thread, tho this isn't a normal such thread from it's title,

I'm unsure about the implications of it on the profile or if there are any, there perhaps could be but if there weren't I wouldn't be surprised, is it ok if I talk about it?

hm. Guess they decided he just flatly has a beak then ig, Instead of only having it sometimes. Consistent with him having it in the "Princess and the Dragon" chapter ig.

More proof for Bodily Weaponry anyway. As beaks qualify.
MUoSfaN.png
Fury achievement (tower version) if you try to attack her with knife.

Back