• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skullgirls profiles statistics?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I have the impression that the newly created Skullgirls profiles seem to have very random and unmotivated statistics, or at least no satisfactory explanations have been offered. Can somebody please offer solid motivations, or should we place most of them at "Unknown" statistics?

I still wonder what feats exactly that you use as a basis for them being able to destroy cities or mountains in a single blow. Defeating other characters with no feats to classify them is circular logic, and certainly does not warrant ranking them as thousands of times more powerful.

I'll be adding more feats to the other characters shortly, but Eliza, Marie, and Double should be better adjusted at this point.

Alright, most of the Striking Strength/Attack Potency scale from the Skullgirl and the Skull Heart itself. Marie is one of the weaker Skullgirls that has been created, yet even in her weaker state and constant resistance of the Skull Heart, it still gives her the power to casually lift massive skyscrapers, tank city-busting weapons, and level an entire city with ease.

Now, as for the characters. Each character has their own storyline, and all of the them, with the exception of Double and Fukua, challenge and defeat the Skullgirl at the end. However, not every character destroys the Skull Heart at the end of their story. You see, when the host of the Skull Heart is destroyed, the heart retains the amount of power the bearer had before their destruction. This would mean that even without Marie the Skull Heart would still have at least City Level durability.

Peacock, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel, Squigly, Big Band, and Eliza all destroy the Skull Heart at the end of their respective stories. This would mean that, given the Skull Heart's durability, they would have to have attacks that are either City Level in Attack Potency (Peacock's Argus Agony, Ms. Fortune's Fifth of Dismember, Squigly's Inferno of Leviathan, and Eliza's Khepri Sun) or PJ in Striking Strength (Painwheel's Hatred Install, and Big Band's Satchmo Death Blow).

Then you look at forms like Titan Marie and Blood Deity Eliza. Titan Marie is created when Marie absorbs the entirety of the catacombs beneath the Grand Cathedral. Marie held a Skyscraper aloft AND fought using only 70% of the remains buried within the catacombs, so when she absorbs the remaining 30% her power skyrockets. Blood Deity Eliza on the other hand is created when Eliza absorbs all of the blood she harvested over her lifetime, including the blood from Gehenna. With all of the blood she utilizes she becomes equal to Titan Marie in power.

I hope this brings a little clarity. Like I said, the other profiles will be updated soon. Sorry it took so long to add feats though.

Can you specify city-busting weapons and levelling an entire city? Is this to be taken literally? I.e. can they destroy cities in single blows or tank massive nuclear explosions? Lifting skyscrapers is likely just Multi-City block level at very best.

In Parasoul's story the Skullgirl survived direct impact with Panzerfaust the Living Artillery's atomic missile (so more like tank A city-busting weapon). As for leveling a city...I actually think reducing every building to ruins and killing every living thing is a more accurate description.

Both Titan Marie and Blood Deity Eliza are capable of destroying cities, though probably with an area attack as opposed to a single punch.

The six characters that I mentioned though...hmmm. If they can destroy something with City Level durability, does that necessarily mean they can destroy a city? Or does it just mean they can harm opponents specifically with City Level durability or lower?

Lifting the Medici Tower is meant to show more lifting strength than her actual destructive capabilities.

I've chosen to avoid skullgirls like the plague, So I won't be of any help with feats for it.

An atomic missile is not necessarily anywhere near city level. Town level starts with 1 kiloton nuclear warheads and goes up to 1 megaton nuclear warheads.

Panzer's missile is comparable to a nuke and had to be used when Marie was in the no-man's land outside the city, because they were afraid if they used it while she was in New Meridian they would destroy the city and add a few million soldiers to her undead army.

Edit: Few hundred thousand, misread the page. There are a few million people in the entire Canopy Kingdom, not New Meridian. (Sorry)

Was it ststed how powerful this nuclear warhead was, how large the city was, or if it would be completely destroyed, or just badly damaged?

Panzer's missile is classified as a personal strategic nuclear weapon. It is smaller than that of a standard tactical nuke, but is still capable of dealing serious damage (somewhere between 400 and 450 kt).

New Meridian is based off of San Jose, and is approximately the same in size (Aprox. 180 square miles) and population (Aprox. 998,000 people).

It was never specified as to whether the city would be completely destroyed (given the size of the missile I doubt it), but it would likely destroy anything within the initial blast radius and damage anything in the surrounding vicinity, killing at least 50% or more of the population as a result.

400-450 kilotonnes is ""Large Town level" according to our (admittedly flawed, but we inherited it from Polar) energy scale. Can you please rewrite the tiers of the Skullgirls pages based on this?

In addition, "Mountain level" is 1000x as high as "Large Town level". Unless you think that some of the characters are 1000x as powerful as some of the others, it is probably safer to place the highest at "Small City level" or so.

Alright, I adjusted the profile stats and made a few tier changes. Is there anything else that needs to be changed?

I haven't checked out the changes yet, but if you changed them all according to the above specifications, I think that would be fine. I can mention it to you othervise. It would help if you specified that they are powerscaled from the 400-450 kt bomb though.

Back