• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skilled Resurrection Boys (Hank vs Able)

Moved it to an appropriate board, also I'll wait and see on this one since I don't really feel like arguing both ends but do like both characters.

Consider me a vote-to-be.

AP: Hank, scales above a super casual 350 mj, and could keep up with that same person after he amped himself to hell.

Speed: Hank via some absurd bullettimes.

Skill: Abel, duh, but not by as much as you think. Hank is able to fight and traverse a constantly unpredictable realm, playing "last one standing" against armies of enemies, fighting across hell and back, all while in whatever dimensionally-impaired state Nevada is.

Abilities: Abel has item creation, but Hank is good with any weapon at all and has TK, a giant ass arm with strong electrical blows, and resurrection to bring him back up.

I see Hank taking this. His AP, and with guns that'll tear Abel to shreds, plus the bullettime and resurrection to outlast a gun fight with Abel (which is unlikely, SCP-076 prefers swordplay), alongside the skill to keep up, it's more likely that he tears 076 apart before the other way around.

I'm more inclined to say that Able has the AP advantage, although not by much, considering he scales above an accidental 350 mj feat from 682, who was actually somewhat series against Able in their fight, and should be quite a bit stronger than that due to EC shenanigans.

I'm also fairly certain that Able can recall stuff he's made, although that's not incredibly important.

Ehh. Considering The Auditor also performed a beyond casual 350 mj, being amped, still having problems with Hank, and Hank getting another upgrade from The Auditor, spells it very good that he has at least a slight AP advantage.

But fair enough, it's still a close bout. Guns and swords matter the most here, anyways, for some classic piercing.

@Mori What bullet timing feats does Hank have? 076 was able to smack assault rifle bullets out of the air with just a piece of rebar while not fully serious and regularly dodges bullets from entire squads of trained soldiers as a casual training regiment. Able has equally absurd if not more absurd bullet timing feats.

What skill does Hank have to compare to singlehandedly killing a multiverse-spanning army of Leviathans, many of which had the powers of 682, with just a sword? Or mastering all martial arts on earth and several martial arts not native to earth? Or having experience stemming from fighting on and off since before the universe came into existence?

Statements are neat and all but I recognized skill in the original post.

And when I say bullet time, I mean a x113 reaction amp.

What statements? Everything i just listed is stuff 076 has demonstrated. I dont see how Hank comes ven remotely close to Able in skill.

Guns wont do much, electricity will do even less as Able has an outright resistance to electricity, and being torn to shreds wont help Hank much due to 076's ability to survive even with his limbs torn off, organs ruptured, skin shredded, and being shot multiple times in the head

What PK meant is that Hank won't just be utterly unable to hit Able, although he will definitely not have an easy time.

The electricity manip amps the strength of his attacks by a lot and he spams it in this key.

Also due to how we treat speed amps in speed equaized matches, since Hank is the slower party that would make him immensely faster than Able with his speed amp Hank's amp wouldnt be allowed

MC guns can canonically one shot even Mag Hank, so they will work on Able

also, Hank survived pretty much the same level of injuries as 076 and hs a more reliable ressurection

They're both extremely, absurdly resilient and can survive a beating, so your last point is moot. They'll blow each other to shreds, but Hank has his amps + rezz to take the upper hand.

And if Hank has access to his bigger guns, like the big thing of doom at the end of MC 10? Jeeesus christ.

@Weekly Yeah no

That logic has been dealt with before and is as ******* dumb as it has always been

Versus Thread Rules

Match-ups with equalized statistics (with the exception of speed) are not allowed, as they turn the entire tiering system unnecessary.

• During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character.

Hl3 or bust said:
@Weekly Yeah no

That logic has been dealt with before and is as ******* dumb as it has always been
Also their speed is really ******* close, speed equal or no. So... kinda pointless either way.

Yeah that was supposed to be removed

Like months ago

Idfk what happened because basically everyone agreed, and the rule is re1arded anyways because there is no slower character in speed=

No

A speed blitz is one character immediately beating the other before they are able to react

This isn't a speed blitz unless you consider teleportation as being able to cause a speed blitz

Okay then let me get this straight

Hank has TK, a huge AP advantage on top of a spammed AP amp, survivability and combat applicable ress, and a speed amp that ensures ABle cant hit him

How is this fair?

Hl3 or bust said:
I'm more inclined to say that Able has the AP advantage, although not by much, considering he scales above an accidental 350 mj feat from 682, who was actually somewhat series against Able in their fight, and should be quite a bit stronger than that due to EC shenanigans.
682 isnt 350 MJ, 682 is baseline

The feat that makes the File Canon 9-A is being downgraded to baseline as the current feat is not known if it was done all at once or with multiple attacks

Let's put it like this.

I hate it when people argue in favor of one character, then pivot into a stomp.

Like, dude, the heck do you want me to do? Argue for why my character loses, now?

You already mentioned skill. This isn't a stomp.

@Mori Skill means nothing when Hank TKs him, speed amps to the point that Able cant hit him, and is durable enough to not be harmed by him

Hank TK's the environment, not the opponent.

Back