• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simpson's Upgrades and stuff continued

Also, another justification we could add to Bart's profile is he is literally stated to have above average intelligence in a episode

Buttersamuri said:
Ok. So this at least should boost his resistance to Social influencing to an extremely high degree. And possibly empathy manipulation resistance

But The episode where homer gets that one women waitress to make her songs public, he could resist her attempts to seduce him. Even when he was angry with Marge in the episode, and she was a younger women who showed more understanding to homers situation. And homer even described her as being Beautiful. And her skills are so potent that when her song played around Springfield, it stopped fights everywhere, and people grew caring to one another. It even put a stop to a prison break riot. The prisoners and Police quite literally started sharing hugs just by hearing a few of the lines from her. And she tried to seduce him in song and he resisted her twice.

I say potentially Empathetic manipulation resistance as that seems pretty dang supernatural. Her words caused what seems to be closer to empathy manipulation than SI. But should at least At least a high tier very potent Social Influencing resistance since he could resist her. And maybe empathy manipulation resistance. What do y'all think?
I don't recall.

Also bumping this, and the hypersonic reactions upgrade

Bart has outsmarted seymour a couple times and pranked him and other members of his family like lisa and has shown when he applies himself to school work he does pretty well and he was a pretty good hall moniter i guess

Social Influencing is hardly something you can resist. It's something you overcome simply via stuff like charisma, stubborness or being oblivious, etc.

Empathic Manip resistance might work, can I see a clip of her songs for context?

Also, how do you feel about potential reaction speed for Marge while using her car when it moved at hypersonic speeds?

GoCommitDi said:
As much as i'd love to see homer blitzing some anime verses, that's just 2 sub-relativistic feats compared to their plethora of subsonic+/supersonic feats
If only Composite Homer Simpson was a conceived idea he would have stomped DBZ and probably a few other weeb shit by now! :(

Buttersamuri said:
Also, how do you feel about potential reaction speed for Marge while using her car when it moved at hypersonic speeds?
Being hypersonic by running fast enough to set on fire is for humans/humanoids. Cars have a larger surface area to generate a larger amount of heat, and have combustible stuff inside of them, so I'm not sure if that would work.

Being hypersonic by running fast enough to set on fire is for humans/humanoids. Cars have a larger surface area to generate a larger amount of heat, and have combustible stuff inside of them, so I'm not sure if that would work.

Yeah you fixed my thought bubble of the situation.

So if it's a humanoid that performs such... Then by that logic the Mask, Timmy Turner (At Peak.) Probably a few other characters who catch fire are Hypersonic.

Marge in one episode took several sleeping darts at once. Her response to her not collapsing was there was simply too much work to do. It took more shots to actually put her down

Can she get resistance to Sleep Manipulation for this

Buttersamuri said:
Marge in one episode took several sleeping darts at once. Her response to her not collapsing was there was simply too much work to do. It took more shots to actually put her down
Can she get resistance to Sleep Manipulation for this
Sure, seems pretty clear-cut.

2:15. Holy crap. That definitely looks like something to support building level at least. Potentially city block with that helicopter explosion. Which they do survived it. We know for certain as Wiggum is shown in the episode and is fine. It both is giant and moved clouds

This would be for Lisa. But what would it account for?

The episode where she becomes a magician, she does a lot of stuff that is seemingly impossible, even for slight of hand. Like knocking Scissors and Giant blades out of Bart's mouth, teleporting, and making things vanish.

Buttersamuri said:
This would be for Lisa. But what would it account for?
The episode where she becomes a magician, she does a lot of stuff that is seemingly impossible, even for slight of hand. Like knocking Scissors and Giant blades out of Bart's mouth, teleporting, and making things vanish.
Sounds like Magic / Reality Warping.

Ok. I found something that would help Homers regen sort of, and Immortality Type 2. Homer has his brain quite literally taken out of his head, and he still shows to be functional without it. This does support the time his head and brain was crushed and he still was functional afterwards. As well the dozens of times his brain is acknowledged as its own being compared to homer. Cause they talk to each other a lot like separate people with separate thoughts and ideas. Would that add anything else?

"Likely" Magic and Telekinesis seem fine, the stuff Lisa did seem too far out there to be slight of hands.

When was Homer's brain taken out of his head? A clip would help

Awesome. Teleportation I feel like might not be entirely usable. She did go inside that coffin and suddenly was in the box. But the way she was calling for help and unsure where she was, she didn't seem to know how she did it. Or she didn't utilize it the best and ended up teleporting into that case by accident. There was no way she could have logically ended up there, so it had to be her teleporting though. Maybe Limited Teleportation? Or just teleportation and make note she didn't utilize it the best.

go to 1:05. His brain bounces outside his head. Which he even acknowledges it happening by telling it to stay out.

Oh that episode the brain doesn't ever come back on screen. As well, The show is very very consistent that Homer's brain is its own conscious compared to homer. The several times homer has talked with his brain as a different person, and consistently have different ideas. Which would explain why severe brain damage doesn't tend to effect him as well. I think with all that together, plus it's consistency, we could point towards his brain and him having separate conscious, and that's why homer can survive without it or when taking severe damage too it

Bump

Side note. Anyone know how to calc shaking a building? I'm told earthquake calcs don't work, since earthquakes tend to be larger in size

Heat resistance seems fine, and is consistent with Homer casually handling uranium rods.

For shaking a building, you could use kinetic energy maybe? Calculate the frequency and amplitude of the building's shake, and the mass of the building and plug that in to find KE.

Sweet

Like an earthquake calc? I've been told that doesn't work since those tend to be much larger in size.

Back