• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Speed equilized

Dark Contenent (Pre Chrollo fight) Hisoka vs Silva (Chimera Arc)

sTaNdArD BaTtLe AsSuMpTiOnS

both in charecter

Silva: 3

Hisoka: 0

INC: 5

This is a hard one honestly.

I'd be willing to give it to Silva for overal greater experience when it comes to combat. As Silva has almost certainly fought longer than Hisoka has. We don't know much about Silva's Nen however, and the extent of his abilities. So I'm going to go with inconclusive. It could really go either way here.

bump. Necro rules no longer applies to Vs thread and I wanted to see a Hunter X Hunter match added to Silva's profile.

Inconclusive FRA. Silva is relatively equal to Chrollo. If if wasn't for the massive advantage that Chrollo had in their fight, Hisoka definitely would've been equal to Chrollo as well.

I'd say Silva takes this. He didn't seem much weaker than Zeno during their fight with Chrolo. His nen appears to have much more destructive power than Hisoka can dish out. Also Hisoka's Bungee Gum is kind of a hard-counter to Gotoh's coin shooting considering it forced him to either have his attacks easily blocked or slow them down massively for them to spin enough to overcome Hisoka's nen. Considering it took Hisoka a bit of thinking on his feet and use of his surroundings to win despite that advantage, I can't imagine him beating Silva- who's supposed to be significantly stronger than Gotoh and doesn't have nearly as much of a disadvantage in terms of nen ability.

My bet's on Silva 7/10 times.

I mean, Silva took Cheetu by surprise. Hisoka isn't gonna be taking his eyes off Silva any time soon seeing as how Silva is more or less equal to Chrollo.

UsernameMan12 said:
Silva. Hisoka is a trickster but Silva doesn't play around like when he sky dropped Cheetu
Well SBA means Hisoka is definetly going for the kill and that sky drop wasn't against a in-fight Cheetu so it possibly could've been dodged

So this won't count for now

Hisoka bloodlusted is pretty scary too. Once he stopped ******* around and decided to actually just kill the Phantom Troupe instead of toying with them, he one-shot 2 of their members with 0 difficulty.

LordUrien935 said:
Hisoka bloodlusted is pretty scary too. Once he stopped ******* around and decided to actually just kill the Phantom Troupe instead of toying with them, he one-shot 2 of their members with 0 difficulty.
Both members didn't have nen, so this wouldn't count as a feat, especially since we don't know how strong Shalnark is and Koturopi was pretty much useless in terms of combat in that teir of fighting.

Gon almost knocked out Genthru by kicking him in the chin while he was using a lot of nen elsewhere and Gon was MUCH weaker than him, I don't think being able to kill somoene while they have no nen at all really speaks volumes for Hisoka.

going Silva he's been through the zoldyck training so he should have all of killua assassination techniques like rhythm echo and snake awakens and he would be better at using them then killua who's only 14 and still growing and being older then hisoka should help sense Silva as more experience in battle with being a assassin sense he was a kid

Kenboxx said:
going Silva he's been through the zoldyck training so he should have all of killua assassination techniques like rhythm echo and snake awakens and he would be better at using them then killua who's only 14 and still growing and being older then hisoka should help sense Silva as more experience in battle with being a assassin sense he was a kid
counting

As others said, Hisoka can hold his own relatively well against Chrollo despite being at a massive disadvantage. Chrollo had prep, and battlefield advantage. Chrollo when serious is also stated to may have a chance at winning against Zeno, who is superior to Silva. But I guess I will vote incon here as well.

If a heavily disadvantaged Hisoka was roughly even with Chrollo, wouldn’t someone that’s even with Chrollo in a normal fight be outclassed by Hisoka?

People are reading way to much in to these "disadvantages" that Hisoka had. Hisoka had just as much prep time to use as did Chrollo. Chrollo's whole nen is it's ability to use other hatsu. Hisoka chose to go in blind to test himself. Chrollo on the other hand is not a bloodknight. Hisoka was an annoying pest that wasn't going to go away until Chrollo fought him. So Chrollo ensured he could win 100%. It's also not like Chrollo had any prep on the battlefield, he simply executed his plan to perfection. Chrollo has much better feats on the fly though and the whole reason they face off is that Chrollo is on Hisoka's pedastool. And Hisoka didn't perform "about equal" to Chrollo at all. He hit him a couple of times, and got one moderate attack on Chrollo that actually somewhat injured him. Chrollo put Hisoka on the ropes from the jump, and proceeded to pick him apart, and had Hisoka at a disadvantage at every bend. Hisoka got arguably low to mid diff'd.

Zeno should be on par roughly with his dad and potentially even stronger. Zeno's aura was potent enough to cause Pitou to feel threatened. Add in his ability as an assassin (efficient killing) and I don't see how Hisoka beats him without any prep. It was clear even someone like Razor would pose a serious threat to Hisoka and I don't see Silva being any weaker than him.

At best I'd say Hisoka can take one, maybe two matches out of ten with the correct amount of trickery, but surviving long enough to pull that off (Hisoka is extremely risky, and Silva is very efficient) is unlikely.

Vote Silva

So, Hisoka choosing not to give himself advantages when he had the time to do so somehow means he wasn’t disadvantaged in the fight? I don’t care about you voting for Silva, I can see that, but I disagree with this point. It’s the equivalent of saying someone that’s morbidly obese from overeating isn’t disabled because they caused it themselves.

Dismissing legitimate disadvantages he had just because he didn’t choose to give himself advantages is wrong. I agree with your other points, but that should’ve been the main part.

So, Hisoka choosing not to give himself advantages when he had the time to do so somehow means he wasn’t disadvantaged in the fight? I don’t care about you voting for Silva, I can see that, but I disagree with this point. It’s the equivalent of saying someone that’s morbidly obese from overeating isn’t disabled because they caused it themselves.

Dismissing legitimate disadvantages he had just because he didn’t choose to give himself advantages is wrong. I agree with your other points, but that should’ve been the main part.
Not only did he choose not plan for the fight, but also the fact that Chrollo had no headstart in the fight. He didn't start with the Ref manipulated, he didn't start with people marked, puppets made, and explosives made. That was all done by chrollo during the match under Hisoka's nose. Hisoka failed to secure Chrollo and relied on his counter-tactics.

And my overall point was to highlight the overall spirit of the argument falls short, as Hisoka getting stomped is partially due to him not countering Chrollo or thinking as deeply (which is a character trait and thus inherent to Hisoka) about success and the other half having to do with how strong Chrollo is. The whole reason he was able to carry out his plan, which literally involved hundreds of sequential steps. So using the disadvantages to try and claim parity between him and Chrollo doesn't really add up.

Back