• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Neji vs Hisoka
  • Battle location: Chunin Exams Stadium
  • Both in-character
  • Speed is not equalized
  • Sasuke Retrieval Arc Neji and Pre-Dark Continent arc Hisoka are used
Neji:

Hisoka:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Hisoka's AP: 278.4 tons in base, 2.784 kilotons with Ryu or Ko

Hisoka's Speed: Mach 50

Hisoka's LS: Class 100

Neji’s AP: Higher than 100 tons in base, 3.541 kiloton defense with Kaiten

Neji’s Speed: Higher than Mach 24, Mach 150 reaction speed

Neji’s LS: Class M

Good old Nen Crush

Appart from that, If hisoka lands his gum, I find It funny that Neji technically could pull him because the LS difference is absurd, his defense and reaction outclass him too

Waiting more opinions, but nen Crush makes this a stomp as usual

Good old Nen Crush
Hisoka has only used hostile Ren once as a demonstration. He loves fighting strong opponents and letting them perform at their best, at least before he fought Chrollo, so I don't see why he'd choose to end the battle so abruptly with hostile Ren. In-character, even if he does use it in the beginning of the fight, he'd stop upon seeing Neji succumb to its crippling fear. He'd likely only use Nen Crush if he's desperate and nearing defeat, and by that time, he'd already be too late, since Neji would know about its effects and try to end the fight as quickly as possible with his much greater reflexes.

Last edited:
Eh, I don't think that's really how it is for Hisoka actually.
He uses Ren to root out the fodder from the strong. Surviving his Ren is a prerequisite for even getting the chance to fight him. The reason we don't see more characters, like say Phantom Troupe members, succumbing to its effects is that this stuff simply doesn't work on most high level Nen users (unless they have insane potency like the Royal Guards, Meruem, or Netero). That's the reason it doesn't come up often, not because it's something out of character for him. If anything, Hisoka is one of the most likely characters in the series to project bloodlust IMO, especially when he's excited or agitated.

Eh, I don't think that's really how it is for Hisoka actually.
He uses Ren to root out the fodder from the strong. Surviving his Ren is a prerequisite for even getting the chance to fight him. The reason we don't see more characters, like say Phantom Troupe members, succumbing to its effects is that this stuff simply doesn't work on most high level Nen users (unless they have insane potency like the Royal Guards, Meruem, or Netero). That's the reason it doesn't come up often, not because it's something out of character for him. If anything, Hisoka is one of the most likely characters in the series to project bloodlust IMO, especially when he's excited or agitated.
I don't think that's really the case. He can probably tell how strong Neji is just from a glance, since he was able to casually rate Hunters from a 0 to 100 scale during the Chairman Election arc just by looking at them, so he wouldn't need to use his hostile Ren to measure Neji's strength. Even when he does exude bloodlust, it isn't the same as his hostile Ren and doesn't show the same effects. During the Hunter Exam, whenever showed his bloodlust, while his opponents were momentarily frightened, none of them were paralyzed or crippled with fear and managed to regain their composure quickly after.

Last edited:
Maybe, just maybe:
Hisoka outskills until he gets his gum pulled and a good bitchslap from Neji...but Neji won't be able to ouskill/outsmart him enough to attack his nerves nor to try this again.

I'm really confident that Hisoka's intelligence and skill gets him out of this

Back