• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Yukari Yakumo

Boundary manipulation is already pretty hard to understand, but the closest explanation we have on this wiki is conceptual manip.

Apparently Shulk here is resistant to death manip, so Boundary of Life and Death won't work. But he doesn't seem to have any resistance to existence erasure, so she can just remove all of his boundaries to end his existence. Not to mention BFR.

Yeah even with on-par AP and a decent amount of hax for Shulk, this is still a lowkey stomp.

I didn't expect NSFW work on this vs debating thread. Get that out of this Christian server or Luci help me!

Wait she stomps? Dam

For me the definition of NSFW is something you don't want others to se e while sitting in class or at work, so likely diff NSFW levels

But really Shulk has no wincon or something?

What can Shulk do to Yukari's ol' Existence Erasure? And it seems like a fitting choice if she's "in character, but willing to kill". Not to mention speed equal here is optional, and if it's not equal, Yukari could use any number of her hax long before Shulk can, regardless of if he can precog these actions of hers. Even if speed is equal, it could still be a first option for her, since if she kills in character, she'd just use some of her dirtiest hax and be done with it so she can get back to sleeping. Even if he does purge, what does it do against possible Intangibility on top of Invisibility? And after that, even if he does manage to "kill" her, wtf does he do about Low-Godly regen?

• Shulk can ignore many of those with his Precog/Purge, with Shulk's precog he'll not only see it coming but can do something about it with the foresight in hand.
  • Shulk has Non-Physical interaction so he can hit her along with his Precog allowing him to know where she would be.
  • Speed here should be equalised as we then have a FTL+ character Vs a MFTL character which would lead to a speed blitz (until Shulk gets his likely speed upgrade in the future).
  • Shulk also doesn't need to kill her, purging her will cause an incap which as we know would give Shulk the win while also ignoring her regen.
  • While a bit out of character Shulk can also quite easily just EE her with his Reality Warping.

I was not apart of that thread but iirc it was due to the whole Float ability Reimu had other than that Shulk could beat her no problem same situation with people like Dante for example. Also "precious Shulk", Ouch no need for that.

Well, Reimu apparently escapes anything he can do to her by leaving reality? Then what about going to other realities instead of just leaving reality altogether? Yukari can flee into her gaps, accessing this sort of "void" between them; it's fleshy and full of eyes, and sort of seems like a pocket dimension. Not to mention immersion. From Reimu's case, leaving the reality the battle takes place in will escape the Universal+ range of Shulk's hax. And if the area the gaps lead to is actually a void and not a pocket dimension, then it's sort of like leaving reality in a similar way that Reimu does.

And the point about toying with opponents, don't make this a repeat of Yukari vs Bill Cipher. There it was ruled out that Bill is more sadistic and more likely to toy around, allowing Yukari to cut to the chase more easily, taking the win. But this is much different due to Shulk's precog and definitely not messing around as a result. On top of that, Yukari's limited precog won't work on him. But there's a catch. In the SBA, there's no prep, and opponents that lack precog will simply know that they have some opponent to take down, and they won't be phased by being teleported to the battlefield. Yukari knows she has to defeat somebody, but, she should probably be surprised by how her precog suddenly isn't working on this anomaly that is Shulk. Knowing that she'll get in the fight and not much else without her precog, this should be foreboding to her. In that case, she's far less likely to toy around, only being able assume that if the opponent resists her precog, they must be pretty dangerous. How does she infer all of this just from the fact that she lacks precog towards her opponent? She's extraordinarily genius. Just look at the intelligence on her profile and I don't need to explain much. If she can solve a 1000 variable math equation instantly, not to mention thousands of years in age building her wisdom, then in this foreboding situation where precog doesn't work, her wisest first choice should be to flee into a gap, where I've already worked out that Shulk might not reach her in. Even if he tries to chase her into the gap before she closes it, this is speed equal starting at 4 kilometers, so he probably can't.

Now the real question is, if he can't hax her when she hides in a gap, can she do the same? I don't know of Yukari has ever been shown to boundary manip people when she's inside the gap, but one thing's for certain, she can at least open up smaller gaps that fire danmaku at the opponent while she's hiding. But the bullets likely won't work against Shulk's precog and other abilities. If this is the case, I'll accept incon. Unless we consider stamina. This is always overlooked in threads that end up with incon. Shulk can run for days, managing a high stamina, but Yukari is superhuman or even limitless, so the danmaku isn't stopping anytime soon. One question I have to ask, if Shulk's stamina is completely spent, will he be completely unable to fight anymore from extreme exhaustion? Yukari can outlast the several days this battle might last in order to pull this off.

And about calling Shulk your precious, I guess I should apologize, but just keep in mind this wiki is usually toxic, and in heated debates, you're likely to get jabs at yourself and the character you're defending.

After reading all that I'll just answer the last question, Shulk will be fine it'll take a minute but he'll gain his stamina back fairly quickly but Icon seems to be the safest choice as of right now with all the variables at play.

I know this Wiki can be toxic but do remember that we do have to try to keep these civil, getting at each other's throats will not solve anything.

Alright, incon FRA. Also I like incons because it satisfies both sides, at least to some extent.

Yeah, I often try to be civil but sometimes can't control myself with little jabs like that. But jeez, you should've seen Yukari vs. Bill, long story short there were Touhou wankers and the anti-Bill squad everywhere, and there was more passive-aggressive comebacks on either side than there was actual arguments, but the arguments that did exist were well-structured enough to know that they can kill each other instantly, just that Yukari is likely to do it first. That's just the kind of thread you get when you put two extremely popular and extremely powerful characters together, especially if they've already been debated for years. They got a conclusion but at what cost...

i hope we get josh's input on whether it's instant use/thought based

actually, even if it does need activation, he still has insane precog and will probably already have it ready for activation upon teleporting to the battlefield

Alrighty, so I don't remember how the pre-fight goes. So if it them just minding their business then poof into the fight yeah Shulk would be able to use Purge instantly.

Back