• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shulk vs Alien X, 2-B edition

Unfortunately for Alien X, Shulk has even more abilities than last time, so precog+purge is now just one of many ways Shulk can win this. So in other words, I'm voting for Shulk.

Shulk doesn't resist Mind Manipulation apparently, which is gonna be Alien X's opening move after going for the telekinetic ragdoll, going for The Star Boy.

Not sure. AOE Monado Purge is going to be a major issue for Alien X, especially with how it basically would end the fight. Shulk's broken precog would also be an issue for Alien X. So to sum it up, nothing much different from last time.

Acausality type 2 negs precog, can Shulk resist mind hax on 6 people? Does Monado Purge get past high-mid regen? Some stuff like illusions wouldn't work because X's mind is in a pocket dimension that Shulk doesn't know about. Who has the AP advantage? X is exponentially increasing timelines every year since 2006 till the end of time (seems to be the general consensus on the most recent CRT).

Shulks precog has bypassed Type 2 before with Zanza, Shulk's confuse gem would give him resistance to it yes, Shulk's precog would inform him about that. the Monado 1 could get past low-mid ( High-8-C Shulk ) and now all of Shulk's abilities have been put to the extreme so most likely yes. Not sure but it does not matter as 1 Precog/Purge and that's game.

Purge power nulls and incaps I see, however Shulk might still not be able to power null Bellicus and Serena as X's power comes from within his pocket dimension and he might not have the necessary range to affect a pocket dimension that can be argued to be outside of Ben 10's multiverse which I assume is bigger than Shulk's multiverse. If he can not successfully powernull Bellicus and Serena, then they might still be able to reverse time to before he got status affected, which is kinda what happened in the Bill Cipher vs Alien X match.

Oh you wanna powernull the Omnitrix, yes that would happen. Does the powernull stay, cause if not you just gave Ben access to all his aliens.

Well yes and no. It isn't permanent from what we know but it lasts a while so Shulk would have enough time to tap Ben into oblivion.

Ben dodges all Shulk's attacks for 2 minutes straight.

Yeah if it is in character for Shulk to powernull the Omnitrix then he wins.

Well, yes and no. Shulk can do it but he needs to know about them to do so. So if Shulk doesn't know ( unlikely due to his visions ) then no.

This is supported by Zanza having the range to have access to his own pocket dimension/or universe ( I'm not 100% sure on what it is but it fits what Serena's and Bellicus's own pocket dimension. )

Reviving this thread since Shulk got some revisions. Does Shulk's precog also warn him of stuff happening after he theoretically Monado purges someone and decides not to kill them?

Purge isn't Shulk's only wincon anymore. Since Alvis is the True Monado, and can act independently of Shulk, and use some of his hax too, this match probably ends with Alvis using thought-based EE that negates Low-Godly/Mid-Godly.

all right time to be more specific. There is an absolutely very small chance scenario where Alien X gets purged, Shulk leaves him there but not for 24 hours and that Ben then transforms into Toepick who then fearhaxes Shulk with a fearhax that works on Alien X's species (who have multiple personalities/minds in a pocket dimension). The reason I'm talking about this very small chance scenario is that Shulk might be able to precog this scenario among many others and thus see Toepick's face in his precog and thus get briefly incapacitated which gives AX the time to oneshot (Not sure who has AP) or hax him.

I also remember stating that Purge isn't Shulk's only wincon anymore, the Monado has Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation and many other things that could easily end the match now. Shulk also now has passive fearhax, so there's that too.

Yeah, Shulk also has ways to just go say hi to Ben in his Alien X pocket dimension. So yeah, this became pretty stompy in Shulk's favour.

How good is Shulk's resistance to fearhax? Alien X has 3 minds so that's Toepick's potency I think.

If Shulk gets an attack off, he probably wins or stomps, IF. How good is Shulk's fearhax and does it have the range to affect minds in another dimension?

@Josh Bellicus proposed to ignore Ben for a 1000 years and then put Ben on fire for another 1000 years so that won't work.

• A WHOLE lot better than 3 minds so that won't work.
  • Issue is Shulk not only has Casualty Manipulation on his side so not only does that IF become certain but it also lets Shulk do basically anything he wants so Alien X who does not resist it.
  • And this stops Shulk from going into their pocket dimension and erasing them all how?

Shulk's fearhax resistance affects all enemies in range, and in the game there are sections with swarms of enemies all over the place so that probably covers that. Shulk has Multiversal range and can definitely affect minds in another dimension through Alvis' dimensional travel.

I made a little mistake there. Shulk's resistance should be equal to at least 3 people because he resists one of Zanza's arts called Monado Fear, a multi-target move that affects all party members.

Well I don't think Shulk passively stomps AX since he still needs to actively target the minds in another dimension. That said it is most likely a hax-stomp in favor of Shulk.

Just a question out of curiosity tho: would someone with Shulk's level of precog but no resistance to fear hax essentiallu screw themselves over due to Toepick?

Thatsafloridathing said:
I made a little mistake there. Shulk's resistance should be equal to at least 3 people because he resists one of Zanza's arts called Monado Fear, a multi-target move that affects all party members.
Ah in that case there might be certain Celestialsapiens that have more minds than Alien X but I only have proof for 2 to 3 so it's good enough.

@Josh more taking about someone who isn't Shulk, just asking that Shulk's precog is good enough to see the reactions to actions he still has to perform and if this is standard for all people who see all possible futures.

@Green Well that depends on what exactly your asking.

• Shulk can just perform all the actions ( since he basically just passive precog it every step of the way or example ) and is a reason why Shulk has won a lot of his match ups on this Wiki.
  • It depends on their personality but usually they should be able to just perform it.

In that scenario, I think depends on how far the character in question can see into the future. Seeing all possibilities is one thing, but that says nothing about how far they can see into the future.

Back