• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For a character to be Tier 0 they need to transcend baseline 1-A like they transcended characters bound by dimensions. He transcends Azathoth and Cthulhu just like baseline 1-A transcends those limited by dimensions due to the fact he sees them as fiction. It's literally said he views Cthulhu and Azathoth as just sentences and fiction. So I think he should be Tier 0.

GojiBoyForever said:
I think he's fine where he is as Azathoth is also 2-A
Isn't Azathoth also considered 1-A it said Azathoth is outerversal due to it trying to erase all of existence. Also Azathoth(in the game) resides in beyond angled space.

Possibly though. As long as that "Possibly" is there I don't think he can be upgraded. But hey I'm relatively new, I might be wrong.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Just being higher than 1-A isn't enough for Tier 0.
Well the Narrator sees 1-A as Fiction. Doesn't the Narrator transcend 1-A like 1-A transcends tier 11 for example.

Probably not. It also seems to be a metafictional comment from the author for a joke setting rather than an actual character.

Isn't that just supposed to be a real person telling a story rather than an actual character though? Should we even feature such a page?

Pretty sure the narrator straight up gets killed by cthulhu in a boss battle. CSTW's rather strange.

That said, I thought 1-A was supposed to be downgraded anyways.

Yes, Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) only seems to have qualifications for an "At least High 2-A" tier based on the justifications within the page, not 1-A, and in addition, he apparently defeated the narrator.

I'd say so. The "beyond angled space" in the source mythos sometimes referred to actual 1-A space, but that was not the sole justification for Cthulhu Mythos' levels of transcendence and stuff and furthermore, we shouldn't be scaling such terminology across different verses even if one has clear inspiration from the other. That would make a ton of things 1-A because the Cthulhu Mythos has inspired elements of a lot of things over the years. /

Agreed. Feel free to do so then. Just remember to remove the "Tier 1" categories from the bottoms of the pages as well.

Well I will now. I didn't get a notif for this

Although, if we don't use "beyond angled space" idk if High 2-A really works for Azathoth.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Just being higher than 1-A isn't enough for Tier 0.
Matthew is correct here:

We treat Reality-fiction differences as 1 dimension/Transcendence so it's just 1 Transcendence above baseline 1-A.

Its literally just being higher than a 1-A, you need far more than that for Tier 0.

Hmmm so are these and the Dark Tower profiles being updated or do they need more evidence? Also yea i see what u mean UdImaster

I'm not sure what to do for them rn, in all honesty. "Many Angled Space" is used to give both the 1-A and High 2-A tiers, and I don't know the verse so I don't know the next highest feat. Should I just make them "unknown"?

Isn't "many-angled-space" strictly supposed to refer to higher-dimensional reality, not beyond-dimensional one, in the original Cthulhu Mythos?

Antvasima said:
Isn't "many-angled-space" strictly supposed to refer to higher-dimensional reality, not beyond-dimensional one, in the original Cthulhu Mythos?
Yeah, as the Outer Gods were stated to be "Beyond Angled Space" which is the OG Outerversal.

Well, it seems fine to modify the pages accordingly then.

The issue with the statement is that it's still cross scaling to another verse, even if this one has clear inspiration.

Good point, although in this case it seems to directly borrow part of the terminology.

Eh, I guess. I'll just set to High 2-A for now.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Please remember to remove the "Tier 1" categories as well.

Back