• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catzlaflame

Ephemeral Thoughts
He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Low-1C downgrade (Cthulhu Saves the World) :

I quote from Cthulhu’s page:
the Cthulhu Mythos that Cthulhu Saves the World is directly based oncontains an infinite number of universes within each multiverse”
Cthulhu mythos is not cannon to a video game from 2010……..

The page, even links to a CM cosmology blog, but their literally not cannon, thus the cross scaling does not make sense.

No scans are linked to the page but there is only one scene I can think of that would make someone come to this conclusion, the scans for which I will link below:

Scan 1 Scan 2 Scan 3 Scan 4

For some context let’s go over some things. The whole plot of the Game is Cthulhu trying to become a good guy, a hero, but only so that he can get his powers back and destroy the world.

At the end of the Dagon fight, this is what happens, but before he destroys the world we get 4th wall intervention from the narrator, and he says what is in the above 4 scans. Notably in the 2nd scan where it says “Haven’t you read the books” and in the 4th scan where it says “adhering to the source material” both of these are references to the Lovecraft Cthulhu Mythos.

However via the canonicity page, this would not work.

The next point to address is this:
Defeated Azathoth, who otherwise would've collapsed reality in every single world

After Azathoth fight These are the 2 scans that mentioned anything along those lines: Scan 1 Scan 2
while multiple world exist. The size of said worlds is never denoted, moreover I got no recollection of this collapsing reality stuff.

Proposal: Reasoning is ridiculous. Downgrade to next highest tier.

Low 1-C is fine to go. Does the game not expand on Azathoth's statement at all? The way you phrase it, you make it sound like a vague recollection that it does not, but I'd appreciate if you were certain, as it does seem to imply a higher rating.

Does the game not expand on Azathoth's statement at all?
Not at all
The way you phrase it, you make it sound like a vague recollection that it does not, but I'd appreciate if you were certain, as it does seem to imply a higher rating.
Understandable. If you want to be very certain there is a gameplay of it in this video, skip the gameplay part, and at time stamp 13:10 it shows the entire scene.

Thank you very much for helping out. This revision can probably be applied now then.

Last edited:
I will do so at some point in the immediate future, aye aye.

The island sinking calc is a little funky so I didn't accept that but the black hole is most likely fine, and Cthulhu's size serves as another supporting feat.

Thanks again for helping out. What you accepted can probably be applied then.

Okay. I will do so.

Thank you very much to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

By the way, there were some editing errors, but I think that I corrected them yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back