• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should the Forerunners have void manipulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fllflourine said:
Well, they didn't exactly use that AP against the Flood, if that 2-A rating was combat applicable they would've used it directly against the Flood.
Tought they would have destroyed the Galaxy and they were proctect it from the Flood infection (Not to take into acount all of the planets that they govern.), not to mention that the Floodcursors were capable of generating a massive amount of Flood, even if they used at a supressed level they wouldnt be able to kill al of them.

@DarkDragon I see. Going by the quotes about the Forerunners destroying the universes I posted above, void manipulation is plausible for how they destroy those universes, reducing them to a void to power their lightbulbs.

@Karmod

Please elaborate, I don't quite get what you are trying to say.

They were capable of creating energy using an Infinite amount of Universes no to mention that they wounded the Floodcursors with the Halo Array.

Is Fan connected? I feel he knows much of the Forerunners.

Having an infinite amount of energy also only qualifies for a High 3-A tier might I add; although, now I'm starting to think limitless stamina might be plausible for their fuel gathering tech key, but not for the Forerunner by themselves. Considering how the 2-A rating seems to confuse a lot of people, I still leaning towards it being removed from their AP but having it on their range instead. Anankos from Fire Emblem Fates isn't 2-C due to having awareness to another universe or repairing damage done by Grima, but he does have Multi-Universal range due to having those said abilities.

So I feel like Forerunners at their peak should be like Low 2-C with prep time as Ant mentioned and their Multiversal+ rating should apply to range instead via fuel gathering.

They were capable of producing energy by gathering them from an Infinite amount of Universes(These were destroyed by them), not an Infinite amount of energy.

Is Fan connected? I feel he knows much of the Forerunners.

Most likely, he did create this thread afterall, and his last message was only a few hours ago.

FanofRPGs said:
What are the new standards?

What happens is they enter slipstream space, another dimensional axis and traverse through it, technically it leads to MFTL+ speeds to our perception of space in that they cross one point to another in x time, but in reality they are traversing through another dimensional axis at immeasurable speeds which is just MFTL+ speeds to our perception.
"Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed.)"

"Movement in a realm without space or time does not mean that a character has immeasurable speed within a realm of space and time, because there is no distance or time to be measured in the first place."

"Characters that are able to move backwards and forwards through time by movement alone qualify for immeasurable speed. However, due to general inconsistencies, and the fact that several fictions grant this ability to any character able to move FTL, they may be assigned an additional, independent, speed rating for the ability. This should preferably be evaluated on a case-by-case basis."

Basically, as far as I understand, a character should either transcend linear time or have more than one temporal dimension in order to qualify.

Given that our system is built on geometry, moving throughout, for example, 4-Dimensional space, along the axes of movement a, b, c, and d, would yield the speed (a^2 + b^2 + c^2 + d^2)/time. It is far from impossible to measure.

And regarding movement in a void supposedly without time:

DarkLK likened it to different environments with different rules that do not apply to each other, or more specifically not being able to swim on land.

Others simply stated that since the distance/time=speed formula does not apply for environments where time is nonexistent, we cannot draw any conclusions for how speed works when time is a factor to be counted.

Yet another point is that moving in a void bereft of universal time is a common plot convenience that is almost never shown to affect movement speed within a continuum.

As such, it should be considered as a separate hax ability, not as a speed.

I cant really debate about Inmesurable since I dont quite understand it, but what type of Hax would categorize?

Probably a time related ability, the ability to move in a void where time doesn't exist. @KarmodF

They already have Time-Dilatation/Manip. and Causality Manip. (?) so thats very down in terms of their hax, no to mention mention that moving in a place with no Time is considered Infinite in various profiles.

Inmesurable: (Halos and other technologies can move across multiple dimensional planes seimotaneously)

How this stands in terms of Speed, is viable?.

On second thought, I think immeasurable speed within slip space would not make sense, as Halo seems to be using a different form of dimensional theory, and slipspace is in fact a smaller, sub-dimension. So there is that.

FanofRPGs said:
On second thought, I think immeasurable speed within slip space would not make sense, as Halo seems to be using a different form of dimensional theory, and slipspace is in fact a smaller, sub-dimension. So there is that.
Kinda.

@KarmodF

We have had a too busy schedule to start a wiki revision project for infinite and immeasurable speed yet. That is why several profiles have inaccurate ratings.

Yeah, instead of Immeasurable speed, we should probably just stick with MFTL+ speed. The term, multi-dimensional planes sounds more like fancy speech for omnidirectional blast effect.

Wouldn't this also revise the Precursors' (at their height) speed as well? As well as the Floods' ancient keyminds (which seems to be the same as the one on the Precursor's page, yet they have differing speed ratings, as the Precursors only have it at the height of their power, as opposed to the Silentium Flood)

So, is anybody interested in carrying out the statistics changes?

Okay. I will unlock the Forerunners, the Precursors, and the Flood. Are any other pages affected?

ATM I am at school, so someone else with more focus time on it should do the edits. I will try to add to the Forerunners at least.

One thing, does this sound good?

possibly Immeasurable for several technologies (Halos and other technologies can move across multiple dimensional planes seimotaneously)

No immeasurable speed at all please. Your description does not qualify for our standards.

Tell me here when you are done with the edits in any case.

Antvasima said:
No immeasurable speed at all please. Your description does not qualify for our standards.
okay, does infinite speed better qualify? It ignored spacetime to span 25,000 ly in a instant, causing causal defects

Infinite speed is the ability to make all sorts of movements or perform various actions when absolutely zero time passes at all. In the Halo's case, I think in an instant is a hyperbole. Judging by the time frame, it takes about a second for the Halo rings to cover the galaxy. Which is still a very high MFTL+; I could perform the changes if everyone else is alright.

"I think in an instant is a hyperbole"

They are manipulating Causality as his toy, literally breaking everything between Space-Time so they can travel that fast.

We can discuss Infinite speed later, but lets wait for more staff input on that; I already removed the Immeasurable speed ratings since there's no justification on them.

Edit: I also added statistics to the Forerunners profile to make it more complete of a character profile. Though, the Unknow ratings are open to be changed once the decisions are made.

We should probably wait for FanofRPGs' and Fllflourine's input, but I'm leaning most of their stats such as Striking Strength, Durability, Lifting Strength, and Stamina scaling from Ur-Didact, at least for the time being. FanOf also mentioned on another thread about a weakness, I think it was that their suits have a will of their own and could betray the forerunners.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We should probably wait for FanofRPGs' and Fllflourine's input, but I'm leaning most of their stats such as Striking Strength, Durability, Lifting Strength, and Stamina scaling from Ur-Didact, at least for the time being. FanOf also mentioned on another thread about a weakness, I think it was that their suits have a will of their own and could betray the forerunners.

Yeah, that's a major weakness for suits. If hack'd or logic plagued, the Forerunners are basically ******.

To be honest there anti-hacking security is the strongest of the verse, the only capable of hacking their suits were the Precursors and the Flood with the Logic Plague (Well, technically still the Floodcursors), btw any hax addition?

EDIT: Also this.

Foreruner suits also have reactive evolution, they can adapt to enemy attacks, as seen with Ur-Didact in Escalation. Those same armors also grant them resistance to radiation, extreme temperatures, high gravity environments, and biological agents/diseases.

As for stamina, the suits let them fight for -many- years without tiring.

Yeah, but most modern computers also have an Anti-hacking system, but that doesn't always mean they're unhackable. Ur-Didact's suit was hacked by Cortana, and that's basically how he ultimately got defeated.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, but most modern computers also has an Anti-hacking system, but that doesn't always mean they're unhackable. Ur-Didact's suit was hacked by Cortana, and that's basically how he ultimately got defeated.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... no.

PIS, not even High Flood with Keyminds were able to hack their Tech. they needed to develop new ways of modificate their Technologies (Say the Logic-Plague who is stupidly OP, It could even hack any Technologie at massive range and destroy their data).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back