• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Manipulation of matter

I've seen a lot of similar comments lately about the manipulation of matter at the atomic and molecular level

That's just AP, where a character shows a huge amount of energy and that character can reduce that character to the atomic, molecular level, and destroy all cells, there's nothing like that added anywhere on Wiki or an explanation, but it's quite clear that that character can destroy that character through energy.

Since the page makes it very specific that whoever destroys such a character at such a level can obtain matter manipulation at such a level

What i really want to be able to get out of this is a better explanation for characters who achieve such a feat through their energies that are capable of destroying enemies on an atomic, molecular, cellular and etc. level (add something to page matter manipulation or whatever).

Any chemical bond,—including those between individual atoms,—can be broken with enough energy; hell, even the innermost particles of their nuclei can be split, hence why Atomization and Subatomic Destruction are applicable destruction values.

However, Matter Manipulation, as its name suggests, involves manipulating matter.
Using an energy blast to break the chemical bonds between atoms is manipulating energy.

This page should help you:

As you see, atomisation is rather something done by high energy levels which isn’t necessarily matter manipulation at an atomic level.

Last edited:
Here it is working fine
Now it is working for me to

First of all, what are you trying to achive exactly (maybe I am just tired, or jus simply unable to understand), but what is the purpose of this thread?

Are you trying to change the explanation for matter manipulation?

Trying to give "cellular destruction" (not a real ability as far as i am aware) to energy?

Also

That is DC not AP

Lastly This pic you sent is on a cellular level.. It is extremly far away from being matter manipulation. (Current estimates are that it is curently around 42 million molecules in a cell.

Now it is working for me to

First of all, what are you trying to achive exactly (maybe I am just tired, or jus simply unable to understand), but what is the purpose of this thread?

Are you trying to change the explanation for matter manipulation?

Trying to give "cellular destruction" (not a real ability as far as i am aware) to energy?

Also

That is DC not AP

Lastly This pic you sent is on a cellular level.. It is extremly far away from being matter manipulation. (Current estimates are that it is curently around 42 million molecules in a cell.
Like, the image is an example to talk about the characters, which destroys them at such levels, such as destroying atoms, molecules, and cells

This page should help you:

As you see, atomisation is rather something done by energy and joule values alone which isn’t necessarily matter manipulation at an atomic level.
Why is this in calculations? Shouldn't this be on the material manipulation page explaining it? To avoid the risk of people having doubts about the subject.

Back