• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should Natsu have Non-Physical Interaction?

If we are still on with bleach discussion, the souls seem to still have some sort of tangibility in some way. But I am not sure about Acnologia in this case

Bleach souls were only tangible to characters who were special humans that possessed the ability to do so or were souls already, and it still took years for it to be accepted despite multiple statements of it being the case.

Acno has shown absolutely nothing to support being intangible and the only time he fought people as a soul, he specifically brought them to his realm/inside him. That seems like a case specific ability seeing as other souls in verse are also completely solid. Celestial Spirits were fully absorbed when Franmalth used his curse to absorb souls on them.

If anything souls are simply solid in Fairy Tail as the only times they are seen supports this and points away from them being intangible.

But even then, even souls can still touch physical objects as it seems, that would imply some tangle effect. Actually we cannot dictate that celestial spirits are the same as dead spirits or detached spirits from the human body. They are living beings that exist on a different world. We never seen souls in Ft be physical, otherwise, Sagetarius would have destroyed Bixlows souls that controls dolls

I'll be frank I don't really care either way, whether or not Natsu has this ability, it seems more of an argument of whether or nit Acnologia was tangible, also Natsu already has Soul Manipulation, so yeah...

Acnologia has never been stated to be a tangible soul, so I say just leave the ability as it is

Wasn't stated of be intangible either. It's either we make it limited Non-Physical Interaction or we remove it from his profile. Also I wanna bring up his Regen negation, I really don't think he should have it since Zeref did heal himself after the fight meaning Natsu didn't actually negate his Regenerationn. Imo that's a bigger issue than him having non psychical interaction.

Calaca Vs said:
We can't say if they touched Acno's soul because they can do it or because the RoT let them to do it due to the physics within it.
Acno was controlling rot, and he want to capture them, why he will let them to touch him?

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Wasn't stated of be intangible either. It's either we make it limited Non-Physical Interaction or we remove it from his profile.
They didn't need to write if it intangible or not, also you bring up to sphere shape of soul, don't forget haded was able to transform his soul so he can talk with natsu/happy and lucy
Fairy-tail-4880335

Bump, we just need to choose if we're getting rid of Non-Physical Interaction completely or making it limited. I'd also like to bring up Natsu's Regenerationn negation since I'm very doubtful on it being legitimate whenever Zeref healed himself right afterwards.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
What is limited non-physical interaction? You either have it or you don't.
Being able to hit souls but not intangibles that are elements. Or being to hit those but not non existent beings. Basically everything that doesn't let you punch minds,souls,nonexistent beings, and elements. For Natsu it's the first sentence.

So are we coming to a conclusion? Limited it's okay.

Also, with the new revisions the Non-Corporal will get more types so this came just in time.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Being able to hit souls but not intangibles? So the souls aren't intangible therefore meaning they're physical?
I mean elements. Being able to punch a soul doesn't mean you can punch a fire.

CNBA3 said:
Unless you are Fire Dragon Slayer

Natsu doesn't interact with fire like a solid. If you wanna use the Atlas Flame argument that's been debunked many times before since his scales are made of fire, not the entire thing.

Natsu doesn't interact with fire like a solid. If you wanna use the Atlas Flame argument that's been debunked many times before since his scales are made of fire, not the entire thing.

07 (1)
AtlasAtlas flame
That's incredibly untrue seeing as how Mother Glare's Roar passed through him

Bislow was also able to hit him, his intang is very inconsistent. Natsu also had to resort to trying to eat Atlas Flame instead of attacking him with magical or physical attacks. Atlas Flame also crashed into building how many times? Also Mother Glare did hit him in the beginning as well.

Actually his entire body is made of hellfire, and we have seen countless times Dragon slayers interacting with their elements as solids. And atlas had Natsu on his head at the time

CNBA3 said:
Actually his entire body is made of hellfire, and we have seen countless times Dragon slayers interacting with their elements as solids. And atlas had Natsu on his head at the time

He isn't always intangible and the Dragon Slayers don't treat thier elements as a solid. The best one you could use is Natsu, and again he couldn't actually hit Atlas Flame who isn't always intangible. MotherGlare hit him, Bislow hit him and I'm pretty sure Laxus also hit him.

Bislow was also able to hit him, his intang is very inconsistent. Natsu also had to resort to trying to eat Atlas Flame instead of attacking him with magical or physical attacks. Atlas Flame also crashed into building how many times? Also Mother Glare did hit him in the beginning as well.
Natsu resorting to eat him doesn't disprove his Flame Body ability. In fact it supports it. And Mother Glare didn't hit him. He crashed into Mother Glare. It's far more likely it's an ability he can turn on and off rather than saying he can't straight up isn't intangible. It's not the 1st time we've seen elemental intangibility.

>Lightning Body with Laxus

>Sand Body for Ajeel

>Water Body with Juvia.

I can agree with it being an on and off thing, however there's no way to actually tell when he's using it or not. There aren't any visuals to go by unlike with the other Elemental Bodies.
Laxus Attacks Atlas Flame
09 (1)
20 (3)

We can't say that he was intangible whenever Natsu got on him. Against Motherglare is the only time he's show cased to be intangible, meanwhile the rest of the time he's been shown to be solid.

Actually they do when they eat their elements we can see them grasping them as if they were solids. And like fire, Natsu was grasping his flames, though it is difficult to say, but he seems to have selective bodily Intangbility.

That scan you have of him and Mother Glare has Atlas Flame Ramming Mother Glare into a building, not the other way around same with Atlas' headbutt. If Flame Body was ineffective on Natsu why would he not try to ram him into a building? Especially when Natsu was actually eating him. The only two scans left are Natsu and Laxus, are the only scans where he's actually touched

You fail the see the point HST Master. He isn't intangible in the scan I've posted. All of them show him being interacted with or interacting with other people, something he couldn't do if he was intangible. PIS most likely or that Atlas Flame wasn't smart enough to actually do so. Point is we don't know if Atlas Flame was intangible at the time whenever Natsu was on him, even if we did assume he was ( With zero proof. ) Natsu wasn't attacking him, he had to resort to eating him. Atlas Flame is shown to be solid a majooiod the time.

You fail the see the point HST Master. He isn't intangible in the scan I've posted. All of them show him being interacted with or interacting with other people, something he couldn't do if he was intangible. PIS most likely or that Atlas Flame wasn't smart enough to actually do so. Point is we don't know if Atlas Flame was intangible at the time whenever Natsu was on him, even if we did assume he was ( With zero proof. ) Natsu wasn't attacking him, he had to resort to eating him. Atlas Flame is shown to be solid a majooiod the time.
And like I said before, I never said it was a constant. Your scans with Mother Glare all show Atlas attacking, not Mother Glare successfully landing hits as you're trying to say and the only attack Mother Glare did, passed through him. Natsu very clearly stated he was going to eat Atlas and since Natsu can physically touch Flames he has to get him off another way, we've seen Natsu treat Flames as if they're physical before. So the only times we've truely seen him get hit was Laxus who more than likely caught him off guard seeing as how later on Laxus' Roar doesn't touch him and Natsu who can touch flames. Any other time he was touching someone of his own accord.

Back