• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should bootlegs be allowed

i`m talking unoffical knock offs and bootlegs like chin so for example harry from harrys ledgend or kart fighter or hell even 7Grandad would they be allowed?

No. Bootlegs are effectively fanmade material and aren't officially licensed, so they shouldn't be allowed.

Reposting from the other thread on HK97's viability:

I don't know why we'd require games to be verified by the publisher to allow them.

Something that makes disallowing bootlegs seem real weird to me, is that games of X quality are only bootlegs on consoles with quality control. There can't really be bootlegs on PC, because there's no quality control to be subverted. And allowing games of one quality on one platform, while disallowing games of the same quality on another platform, seems like a weird policy to have.

We don't require official licenses, and calling something like this "fanmade" is a really loose usage of the term.

Back