• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin Megami Tensei V Spoilers Discussion

e9525edb4dfc770de389ac16b809fd76.jpg

mfw people start wanking the demi-fiend again

e9525edb4dfc770de389ac16b809fd76.jpg

mfw people start wanking the demi-fiend again
Not overly surprising, given his popularity.

I’ll admit I do think this game probably bumps him up a few spots, assuming he’s supposed to be even remotely comparable to
Matter Lucifer, but that’s such a huge maybe I almost wouldn’t even bother touching upon that.

If Trumpeter’s statement is to be taken seriously, I’d consider him stronger than whatever version of God appears in Nocturne, or any demon below Him - either he’s being described as the strongest demon or strongest being, period (not including the likes of characters not present in Nocturne, naturally). The English and Japanese version are even 1-to-1 about this.

Could just be hype, but given who it’s coming from, I doubt it. Trumpeter would have taken part in the war himself, after all. Even just seeing Demi-fiend alive and well implies he at least got through said war pretty much unscathed (and, if anything, having gained new powers and gotten stronger since the events of the True Demon Ending).

Still unlikely to be on the level of Nanashi or Stephen (god forbid), but I can see why people would jump to certain conclusions.

TLDR: who cares, just enjoy the new game

this is one of the Very few occasions where I personally think the chaos ending Is not that bad. the true neutral ending is the best for me, makes the ending feel complete even tho it ends on a question.

Yeah, I think all endings except for the early one are given a pretty fair shake here. True Neutral is especially good because it isn’t played straight up like a golden ending.

Even at worst, the endings are still better than Apocalypse's endings
The law and chaos endings exist only to end the game early for players that didn't want to grind.

Jokes aside at least the game punishes you for changing your alignment at the last second in the neutral/anarchy endings (I believe Navarre destroys your items and Dagda insta-kill your demons).

So what was the power boost that Nahobino was supposed to get before fighting Lucifer? I remember someone saying something about it, but I didn’t see anything that indicated he got any significant boost in power upon going beyond heaven and earth.

I just realized, what happened to Shiva's "destroy the universe" plan if you dont fight him? He's only required to be beaten for the true neutral ending, but in the other endings he's an optional boss. So what would happen if he was left unchecked?

I just realized, what happened to Shiva's "destroy the universe" plan if you dont fight him? He's only required to be beaten for the true neutral ending, but in the other endings he's an optional boss. So what would happen if he was left unchecked?
I assume he isn't able to go through with his plan? Considering the fact that the entire universe is changed and restructured by the Nahobino.

Also, I have made the mistake of getting myself involved with a demi-fiend wanker. He's got a few screws loose for sure.

I assume he isn't able to go through with his plan? Considering the fact that the entire universe is changed and restructured by the Nahobino.

Also, I have made the mistake of getting myself involved with a demi-fiend wanker. He's got a few screws loose for sure.
What level of wank are talking about here?

Also I always just assumed Shiva intended to wipe out the old universe, while the world created by the Nahobino is unaffected. I could be way off the mark, I’m sure, but that’s the best explanation I can think of.

What level of wank are talking about here?

Also I always just assumed Shiva intended to wipe out the old universe, while the world created by the Nahobino is unaffected. I could be way off the mark, I’m sure, but that’s the best explanation I can think of.
We're talking about a guy whose reaction to the SMT 5 trailer WAAAAYY back in the Nintendo Switch mini-direct was to whine about how the Demi-fiend wasn't the one to end YHVH...Also can't forget this gem:
SPOILER_0zai8uybcdy71.png

my god...

We're talking about a guy whose reaction to the SMT 5 trailer WAAAAYY back in the Nintendo Switch mini-direct was to whine about how the Demi-fiend wasn't the one to end YHVH...Also can't forget this gem:
SPOILER_0zai8uybcdy71.png

my god...
I mean if anything, the Return of the True Demon DLC implies Demi-fiend is at the point where YHVH isn’t an issue regardless.

Also, how did Atlus make Serph superior? Demi-fiend was able to one-shot the entire Embryon at once (at least at the point they were at in DDS1) and we still don’t even know if that was the real one. We never really get to see how they fare against them in DDS2 either, so that’s not really worth considering. What’s this guy even complaining for?

I mean if anything, the Return of the True Demon DLC implies Demi-fiend is at the point where YHVH isn’t an issue regardless.

Also, how did Atlus make Serph superior? Demi-fiend was able to one-shot the entire Embryon at once (at least at the point they were at in DDS1) and we still don’t even know if that was the real one. We never really get to see how they fare against them in DDS2 either, so that’s not really worth considering. What’s this guy even complaining for?
I disagree, the DLC just hypes up demi-fiend which makes his fans all eat it up. Serph shouldn't be at Demi-fiend's level, but he might have been talking about Seraph, in which case yes Demi-fiend probably does lose to Seraph.

But see the main thing is that even a perceived slight against the demi-fiend is enough to get him on major copium.

I disagree, the DLC just hypes up demi-fiend which makes his fans all eat it up. Serph shouldn't be at Demi-fiend's level, but he might have been talking about Seraph, in which case yes Demi-fiend probably does lose to Seraph.

But see the main thing is that even a perceived slight against the demi-fiend is enough to get him on major copium.
Seraph never fights Demi-fiend, and the games don’t give us a good enough idea of how that would even go, so that’s not really worth considering. If I really had to assume, given what we know of those who transcend the cycle of transmigration? Sure. Maybe. I can’t really make a judgment on that.

Can’t really comment on the DLC but it seems about as valid in terms of canon as the Diamond Realm DLC back in IVA. Take that for what you will.

I feel like it's kinda fair to wank Demi again, but that's stretching it. Yeah, he one shots with Gaea Rage again and may or may not be using the Masakados magatama, but that could just be chalked up to gameplay. The fact the normal battle music from Nocturne is playing, though remixed, could support this, if it wasn't for the fact that the song is not only the most popular Nocturne ost, but the most popular mainline SMT song.

Having thought about it, I’d put Return of the True Demon Demi-fiend above a specific manifestation of YHVH (at most). Regardless of the writers’ intentions, they’re still making a point to say Demi-fiend’s far more powerful here, and that he’s in a position where he’s not in any real danger - not from YHVH, anyway (harping on this point again, Trumpeter makes a comment regarding Demi-fiend’s position of power, and I’m hard pressed to think why he of all people shouldn’t at least be taken somewhat seriously, given he knows the scale of the war fought in Nocturne). Call it wank if you want, but I can’t say I doubt the information presented here, “hype” or otherwise.

Having thought about it, I’d put Return of the True Demon Demi-fiend above a specific manifestation of YHVH (at most). Regardless of the writers’ intentions, they’re still making a point to say Demi-fiend’s far more powerful here, and that he’s in a position where he’s not in any real danger - not from YHVH, anyway (harping on this point again, Trumpeter makes a comment regarding Demi-fiend’s position of power, and I’m hard pressed to think why he of all people shouldn’t at least be taken somewhat seriously, given he knows the scale of the war fought in Nocturne). Call it wank if you want, but I can’t say I doubt the information presented here, “hype” or otherwise.
There is really nothing to go off for upgrading demi-fiend other than a vague statement from trumpeter and a whole load of speculation.

Once again, the difficulty of the actual fight is irrelevant, we can not infer anything from it. At the end of the day the Nahobino defeats the demi-fiend full stop.

Seraph never fights Demi-fiend, and the games don’t give us a good enough idea of how that would even go, so that’s not really worth considering. If I really had to assume, given what we know of those who transcend the cycle of transmigration? Sure. Maybe. I can’t really make a judgment on that.

Can’t really comment on the DLC but it seems about as valid in terms of canon as the Diamond Realm DLC back in IVA. Take that for what you will.
Have you played dds 2? Seraph defeats Brahman which is a better feat than what the demi-fiend did in Nocturne.

going back to smt4a, and my god fighting YHVH in the anarchy route is basically a prologue to SMT5. They talk about a lot of things that are referenced in 5 about him.

Back