• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin Megami Tensei V Spoilers Discussion

They make a few very big parallels between Demi-fiend and Nahobino, I can't help but notice. The pose Nahobino strikes when he assumes the Throne is the exact same as Demi-fiend's signature stance, and Demi-fiend himself makes that exact pose when using Will of Chaos (混沌の理 in the Japanese version, interestingly enough). Lucifer himself has some of Demi-fiend's moves during the secret phase, which is a higher level than the one that uses attacks belonging to YHVH and the Archangels (said ending has a golden-eyed version of Nahobino staring at his human self, which is ominous as hell). It all makes me very curious.

Anybody noticed that the blade the Mc makes is literally Just their fingers stretched out? I can’t unsee it.

They make a few very big parallels between Demi-fiend and Nahobino, I can't help but notice. The pose Nahobino strikes when he assumes the Throne is the exact same as Demi-fiend's signature stance, and Demi-fiend himself makes that exact pose when using Will of Chaos (混沌の理 in the Japanese version, interestingly enough). Lucifer himself has some of Demi-fiend's moves during the secret phase, which is a higher level than the one that uses attacks belonging to YHVH and the Archangels (said ending has a golden-eyed version of Nahobino staring at his human self, which is ominous as hell). It all makes me very curious.
The Demi-Fiend moves that Luci uses are actually used in phase two, prior to the Archangel moves. The "X of God" attacks are used in phase three, and I believe they're exclusive to that ending's fight.

The Demi-Fiend moves that Luci uses are actually used in phase two, prior to the Archangel moves. The "X of God" attacks are used in phase three, and I believe they're exclusive to that ending's fight.
Ah, okay. I'll have to go back and look at that, then.

Also this literally never happened. All YHVH says in SMT II is that he will eventually come back, but all three endings have Aleph be alive in the world rid of YHVH. You are likely basing this on the Hijiri Theory which has long been debunked.
The Great SMT 5 War will commence in due time. I shall be there.

Who cares
867785568704135189.png

Today I’ll likely attain all ending checks in my save file. After that, it’s grinding time to see if I can do Demi fiend in hard mode.

So is the Tree of Knowledge relevant at all besides the Da'at, which seems to have none of the actual traits of it's occult inspiration, and the Throne which isn't even called Keter, and that image of that tree that appears sometimes that I still not a hundred percent sure on what it's reason for being shown is.

I still don’t see anything different with every cycle I complete. I though that at least I’d get better items. I’m not sure if it’s my bad memory, but I at least seem to get different items from an absces When I kill them the next cycle. Could be wrong so it doesn’t matter.

How do you think Matter Lucifer compares to the likes of Primal Satan or Vishnu-flynn?
Depends on how much he transcended. We don’t know much about that place. All we know is that he is at least a higher plane of existence from kether.

I just went to their profile, but I’m not sure if the profiles are clear enough for me. Is vishnu Flynn superior to primal Satan? I wasn’t fond of apocalypse so I don’t remember the story very well.

Vishnu-flynn's always been kind of debatable as to how powerful he is, exactly. I imagine he'd be more powerful than IV's Lucifer and Merkabah, but I've always figured Primal Satan or YHVH would squash him like a bug (not that it matters any which way because Vishnu-flynn is hardly a stable form).

According to his profile, and others here, he is superior. Either that or the profile needs some working.

All it says is this.

Absorbed Flynn's power into his own and returned to his former self as Vishnu, the Supreme God of Hinduism, with the resulting increase in strength making him go as far as claiming that not even YHVH would be able to pose a threat to him in this state. Shesha is simply one of the many avatars / alter-egos of Vishnu, which protrudes from his body and can reabsorbed back into him at will

And while it's obvious to everyone he doesn't compare to YHVH, it still is technically something he claims.... should be removed from his AP section though.

Also this is weird for the regular non-plot important portrayals of Anata.
Outerverse level (Stands as Vishnu's eternal companion and protector, residing alongside him in the Sea of Milk and being one of the only entities who will outlast all Kalpas and watch over the end of the world together with his master) | Low Complex Multiverse level (Shesha's power is said to have been used in the creation of the world, and he is itself an infinite being upon whose hood both the Human World and the Cosmic Egg that contains the World of the Gods are sustained. Should be superior to Maitreya as one of the most important members of the Divine Powers and representative of a good portion of the threat posed by the group)

Am I wrong in thinking that the end game scaling should be
Nahobino (With God's/Lucifer's Knowldge)? > Nahobino > True Lucifer (With God's Knowledge) > True Lucifer? >= The Creator = YHVH Head > Kuzuryu > Satan > Lucifer
Going back to this, it is true that True Lucifer defeated the creator before ascending. Consuming the creator was what allowed him to ascend to a higher plane of existence as stated in his fight and his lore page after you beat him. So Lucifer and the nahobino surpass the creator by at least a level of infinity.

So, a question to those who have finished the game
How good are the ending(s)/alignments, and how do they compare to previous entries in the series?

So, a question to those who have finished the game
How good are the ending(s)/alignments, and how do they compare to previous entries in the series?
I think they present an interesting enough take on each alignment for them to feel decently fresh (going all in on the monotheism vs polytheism aspects of law/chaos). Doesn't seem like the game explicitly discourages you from choosing any of endings (save for the one), which I appreciate.

Though, I can't help but feel they'll probably introduce a fifth one in either a DLC or re-release down the line (especially considering how ominous the hidden ending is).

Personally more of a fan of Law and Neutral+.

The endings aren't bad, but I do wish we saw a bit more of the worlds that were being made.

Imagine a situaton like Rexus, were the original endings are "bad ones" ans the new ones are the good ones....
Turns out Luci was just spitballing, and had no idea how break free of Mandala. Now you need to collect the Seeds from the Sack of Hope to get the good endings

Demi-fiend plays the same role Lucifer did back in Nocturne and has Nahobino destroy the throne, thus ending the cycle of creation and destruction for that universe and defying the Great Will.

…Wait, ****, that actually makes sense.

Demi-fiend plays the same role Lucifer did back in Nocturne and has Nahobino destroy the throne, thus ending the cycle of creation and destruction for that universe and defying the Great Will.

…Wait, ****, that actually makes sense.
Honestly I'm so tired from the demi-fiend he's like bubblegum that's lost its flavour. Give the other protagonists some spotlight too.

Honestly I'm so tired from the demi-fiend he's like bubblegum that's lost its flavour. Give the other protagonists some spotlight too.
tbh I wouldn’t even mind seeing him if they do something new with him. Then again, I’m also a sucker for potential protag team-ups

Back