• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin Megami Tensei Discussion thread

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Fnckpo said:
Good morning
I am about to make an versus.

Could someone tell me the best feats of Demi Fiend? Thank You.
demi-fiends best feat is beating kagtusuchi who can destroy and create billions of universes at one so his tier is at least 2-A
I see. I have one question: How Demi Fiend can bypass durability?

Fnckpo said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
Fnckpo said:
Good morning

demi-fiends best feat is beating kagtusuchi who can destroy and create billions of universes at one so his tier is at least 2-A
well almighty attacks in SMT always bypass durability

Don't almighty attacks only bypass special defenses (force fields, elemental resistances, etc) not durability? I always assumed the durability bypassing came from Hama and mudo type instant death magic

Fnckpo said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
Fnckpo said:
Good morning

Actually, the "Pierce" ability didnt give you the power to bypass the durabilty, it's the ability that allow your physical attacks to ignore the opponent's "defense ability". With Pierch, they cant Nullify/resist/void,... your physical attacks ( well still , the attack still can be reflected), this will make Hitoshura's opponent have take on Hitoshura's fist straight on their faces without any resistance.

So yeah, that's my explaination of the Pierce

well almighty attacks in SMT always bypass durability

Nah, not really, some beings in SMT was able to resist almighty attack (Anguished One in DeSu2 with his Anti-Almighty passive skill)

I always assumed the durability bypassing came from Hama and mudo type instant death magic

Yep, pretty much all of the instant death magics are able to bypass the durability, well, depend on the power level :p The most horrofied instant death magic

Also, just got this spoiler from the gamefaq :3

OqvRtHk
BOW DOWN TO THE NEW CREATOR OF MEGAMI TENSEI FRANCHISE !!! :D

Nah :v actually, Nanashi in the Anarchy route killed everyone (literaly EVERYONE) to create a whole new universe where there are no gods nor YHVH. It's hard to explaine so i will copy the whole thing from TV tropes :p

SPOILER (obviously)

• Anarchy: Nanashi joins Dagda in his goal of creating a new universe free of the sins and baggage of the old one, being chosen as the new Creator by Dagda. He has to kill his partners, but one of them is revived as his True Goddess to serve as his eternal companion. Flynn dies in the final battle with the Polytheistic Alliance and is revived as the God Killer of Nanashi. YHVH is killed with the aid of Satan, ensuring he will never return to infest the new universe. Dagda witnesses the beginning of the new beautiful universe alongside the new Creator Nanashi, saying farewell to him before disappearing with the old universe. Nanashi opens his eyes to reveal his complete transformation into the new Creator.

Also.

Nanashi and True Form YHVH High 2-A? I talked to some people and they seem to agree on it, specially since the First Form of the Boss Battle is literally countless, if not infinite YHVH, each equal in power.

Plus all the talk about YHVH's infinite power, his nature as an allmighty God absolutely above all else, an how in Nocturne there's a mention about how he transcends the Amala Network.

I think it makes sense. It wouldn't scale to anyone else, and it would make the whole thing about YHVH being weaker than those Spin-Off kis less weird.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also.
Nanashi and True Form YHVH High 2-A? I talked to some people and they seem to agree on it, specially since the First Form of the Boss Battle is literally countless, if not infinite YHVH, each equal in power.

Plus all the talk about YHVH's infinite power, his nature as an allmighty God absolutely above all else, an how in Nocturne there's a mention about how he transcends the Amala Network.

I think it makes sense. It wouldn't scale to anyone else, and it would make the whole thing about YHVH being weaker than those Spin-Off kis less weird.
This seems right.

Nope, The statement in Norctune was directly referenced about The Great Will, not YHVH. SMT IV FINAL has confirmed that YHVH and the Great Will are 2 seperated entities

MagiSinbad said:
Nope, The statement in Norctune was directly referenced about The Great Will, not YHVH. SMT IV FINAL has confirmed that YHVH and the Great Will are 2 seperated entities
Indeed, but if you look at Nocturne... IT seems to treat YHVH and Great Will are treated as the same thing. That with Metatron, Kagutsuchi and Lucifer mentioning The Great Will as their creator / master / whatever. IV is the clearest the franchise has been as treating the two as separate beings.

That is what called a retcon =3=

But anyway, if SMT IV has confirmed that YHVH is just a mere counterpart of The Great Will, then i see no reason why Lucifer and Metatron refered him as their "Creator"

But i would like to hear the others opinion as well, CuriousWatcher, i know you there, come out and tell us what you think :3

Dang, it's been a loooooooooong time since the last time i have touched my SMT 3

YHVH is said to be a small aspect of The Great Will, and that he is a corrupt, evil being, unlike The Great Will which is a neutral / benevolent God

Think of it like how God and the Demiurge are in Gnosticism.

But SMT 3 really treats The Great Will as YHVH, Lucifer even treats it as it's adversary, and says to Demi-Fiend before fighting "Witness the Supreme Power of Darkness, created by none other than The Great Will himself." ... So yeah, YHVH.

But SMT as a whole has infinite concepts which includes concepts of dimension. And the Non Euclidean space in definition is undimension therefore Kagutsutchi is the baseline to scale 1-A characters.

Back