• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin Megami Tensei Discussion thread

I see, then it's good. Nice Baal page btw

Also i made a Maya page yesterday guys.

I plan on making Naoya (P1 MC) today,i got everything but the Tiering. Any suggestions? I was thinking on him being 6-A or higher since he pretty much defeated Nyx like P3MC in the Snow Queen quest.

But during Sebec quest he defeated God Kandori who had a portion of Nyarlatothep's power, however is never specified how much so yeah...I'm still kinda blank there.

Well...Depends on the game really. He is Neutral in most of his appearances, but he has been Law and Chaos too so...

You might wanna go with Neutral.

EnuoFH said:
MagiSinbad said:
Isn't the amala multiverse together with the DeSu series? I might be wrong but theres any proof that DeSu2 verse is a totally different verse without conection to the amala multiverse at all?DeSu 1 happened in the Amala. DeSu2 in the other hand, doesnt.
The proof for "it's a seperated multiverse" ? Akashic Record multiverse (AKA DeSu2 multiverse) has a difference cosmology from the Amala multiverse. While Kagutsuchi is the system maintain the Amala multiverse, the Akashic Record is the system maintain the Akashic Record multiverse. Akashic Record stood in a higher dimension called "The Akasha Stratum", it can change the past, future and present of entire multiverse as how the users (the Administrators and Canopus) want, can reshape the humanity, change how their think and decide the concept of the universes,ect... It's totally difference from the Amala, in Amala, there's only one ruler and that's Kagutsuchi. In Akashic Record multiverse, the administrator, the ruler of Akashic Record, is a race . All of them has the right step on the Heavenly Throne and gain the control of the Akashic Record.
That sounds more like a assumption than a actual fact, since kagutsuchi collapsed i don't know why it matters if theres a akashich records or not to separate the main multiverse from the DeSu2 multiverse, the fact that alice is there is probably a alusion to the old games where you have to fight Alice, same with beelzebub.
Of course we don't know the chronology for the DeSu2 multiverse, but ignoring the fact that in the main series Kagutsuchi is destroyed, does add to a valid reason to DeSu2 multiverse be together with all the others multiverses(including the other series that is not translated as well since)
I clearly dont understand what are you trying to say '-'

Yes it's a assumption because Akashic Record multiverse cosmology has too much contradition if we retconnet it with Amala.

You know, i'm not really supprise when Alice or Beezulbub appear in the DeSu2 multiverse. Because as i believe, The Expanse itself is already a seperated multiverse from Amala multiverse, when Hitoshura destroyed the Amala, the demons from the Expanse has survived from the destruction. Implied that Expanse is a another seperated multiverse

If we are going to accept that DeSu2 multiverse is Amala itself. Then that mean we've to accept that the Great Will is Canopus itself, due to how similiar between these 2 :

The Great Will = The Will of the Universe

Canopus = the Divine Order of the Universe

The Great Will = the transcendent god of the universe

Canopus = The Divine system of entire the Akashic Record multiverse

Even Megami Tensei wiki said that Canopus is an alternative equivalent to Great Will (Look at the trivia, dude o3o )

Again, if we are going accept that Canopus is the Great Will himself, THEN THAT MEAN HIBIKI AND HIS CO ALREADY KILLED THE GREAT WILL

I argreed that Ishtar is more like a 2-C beings than 2-B

Saying that she is 2-B would be a baseless claim because we dont even know how strong is Astaroth. Just because he's one of the strongest demon ịn Megaten doesnt make him 2-A if he's weaker than Asura

Also, nice Maya page Hit-chan :3

I plan on making Naoya (P1 MC) today,i got everything but the Tiering. Any suggestions? I was thinking on him being 6-A or higher since he pretty much defeated Nyx like P3MC in the Snow Queen quest.

6-A seem fine, since we dont know how strong is God Kandori o3o Also, should God Kandori get the scail from this ?

Errrr... Matt...

Hiroko : Law...

You really sure about this ???? I put Hiroko on the Neutral alignment because Hiroko will follow Aleph no matter what route Aleph take, in the neutral route, there's only Hiroko sided with Aleph to fight again Lucifer, Satan and YHVH

I checked the Baal page and there's something not to seem right to me :

Baal : (Is the true form of the Demon Beelzebub, who is the strongest demon sans Lucifer) : Neutral

what ? >___>

I wasn't the one that asigned Hiroko to law.

And I asked what alignement Baal should have, and I was told he'd fit better as Neutral.

And regarding Ishtar... I think I was told in this same thread that Astaroth can fight Michael.

I wasn't the one that asigned Hiroko to law.

Oh, sorry about that :p

And regarding Ishtar... I think I was told in this same thread that Astaroth can fight Michael

Really ? >.> i look up the thread and doesnt see any thing related to "Astaroth can fight Michael". Can you show us some feat for that ? o3o

Hiroko starts at Law, unlike Yuka(SMT1 Heroine) who is Neutral from start to beggining. since she is part of the Knight Templars, a radical Law association.

So yeah, that's why i put her on Law.

Not sure if in this thread or chat or...

Oh? Maybe it's this.

From the Shin Megami Tensei Wiki:

"Asura stands in his chambers located on the heart of the last floor basement of the Basilica as the last enemy and final boss fight the protagonist must face on Law and Neutral alignments; while serving as a non-playable ally if he is Chaos aligned, providing aid in the attainment of the "Devil Ring"--a valuable item needed for the final showdown against Michael to become available"

Asura is somehow comparable to Michael, even if likely weaker, and he is also the strongest servant of Lucifer in SMT 1 (Beelzebub is a Second In-Command)

But the wiki also says this:

"In the Chaos route, after locating the throne room of Asura in the last floor of the basement, the hero will need to go back to Astaroth's room, where he will give him the "Wings of Astaroth"—a valuable item needed so Asura can forge the "Devil Ring" and the fight against Michael and his followers will become available."

So for Asura to create the item that allows the protagonist to kill Michael he needs the help of Astaroth.

Not really, the Devil Ring just allows to open a door protected by the angels in SMT 1.

Similar how Masakado did in the door from Naraku in SMTIV.

In Law Path, you pretty much do the same, except it's called "Angel Ring", to open a door protected by the Demons.

You don't need those items to kill Asura or Michael (See Neutral route where none of those appear) they're just "Fancy keys" or just a way to make you explore the lower part of the Basilica from Atlus lmao.

I guess yeah, but their powers are from the Brahma(DDS) powerscale...Which is kinda ambiguous since he pretty much kept Satan and other strong beings kinda sealed. (Since they were copies, nobody really knows how strong they really are)

So the Hindu gods are...Kinda complicated to tier, their current tier is obviously a low-balling.

õ║║õ┐«þ¥à said:
I guess yeah, but their powers are from the Brahma(DDS) powerscale...Which is kinda ambiguous since he pretty much kept Satan and other strong beings kinda sealed. (Since they were copies, nobody really knows how strong they really are)
So the Hindu gods are...Kinda complicated to tier, their current tier is obviously a low-balling.
I see, I see.

Asura in lore (As in, the Asuras as a race) is in war with Indra (And his armies), who himself is weaker than the Top Tier Gods Vishnu, Shiva and Brahma.

Yeah, Asura is definitively weaker than the Hindu Trimurti.

And Asura from SMT 1 actually revealed to be Virochana/Daichi Nyorai in Raidou Kuzunoha 2, one of the 5 Buddhas of wisdom...Who are just a representation of the 5 aspects of Buddha(Vishnu) he should be lower, yep.

The 2-A tier is so wide that the difference between a High level one and a Low level one is pretty much the difference between a 10-B and a 3-A, so having the Trimurti being At least 2-A certainly doesn't hurt me..

And not to mention that SMT IV Final will put the Hindu Pantheon in a place of equality with the Judeo-Christian one, that with Krishna being the leader of one of the games' factions.

Same here. I'm positive that those three are vastly superior to Michael and the Archangels too so...Yeah 2-A sounds fine to me.

Well. It's not that the Hindu Pantheon (specifically) Is going to be equal with the Judeo-Christian one. Its more like, a bunch of other pantheons who are tired of YHVH and Lucifer's shit and decided to form the Polytheistic Alliance to end the battle between Law and Chaos.

So 2-A for Hindu Gods... And I take it Archangels, Demons that follow Lucifer sans Beelzebub?

God Tiers at At least 2-A

High level beings 2-A

2-C to 2-B Mid level, I would assume.

Yep, and then we got the low tier stuff from Persona 3/4, Soul Hackers. (Even though they can be really higher, but since it isn't really canon well...)

Satan is God tier, pretty much comparable to YHVH.

He went full DBZ Androids on YHVH at the Law Ending of SMT II, helping Aleph to kill his creator.

So... to begin the recap of the Tiers : [DeSu2]>[Most Protags+YHVH+Satan>Lucifer (or At least 2-A)] > [2-A] > [2-B] > [2-C] >>>> [P3+P4] >[Soul Hackers]

Lucifer goes with YHVH and Satan too.

Besides that pretty much.

However, Soul Hackers are just weaker to the protags on P3/P4, they're stronger than any party member...Not to mention they have the potential to take down Beelzebub and so forth.

But yeah

I have no problem with the Hindu Gods being 2-A

I dont know if we should have tier 2-B or not. This is seem ambigous, dont you guy think ? o3o

And this thing (allow me to call it's a "Thing" >__> ) it's a big problem. Arcoding to the wiki's rule :

"We are trying to keep this wiki all-ages accessible, so please think twice before inserting offensive, disturbing, or disgusting texts, descriptions, or images into the profiles, and feel free to help out by changing such content."

We cant keep Mara here, i think we should delete her profile

Also, can anybody tell me what Odin feat is ? i dont remember he got anything to put him at 2-C.

And from what i read in Naruto Forum, i'm affraid he's gonna get downgrade to 5-B >.>

õ║║õ┐«þ¥à said:
Hiroko starts at Law, unlike Yuka(SMT1 Heroine) who is Neutral from start to beggining. since she is part of the Knight Templars, a radical Law association.
So yeah, that's why i put her on Law.
I dont really think Hiroko start at law, she will disobey the Center if that's what she think is right, just like when she decided to go outside the Center and look for Aleph

MagiSinbad said:
I have no problem with the Hindu Gods being 2-A
I dont know if we should have tier 2-B or not. This is seem ambigous, dont you guy think ? o3o

And this thing (allow me to call it's a "Thing" >__> ) it's a big problem. Arcoding to the wiki's rule :

"We are trying to keep this wiki all-ages accessible, so please think twice before inserting offensive, disturbing, or disgusting texts, descriptions, or images into the profiles, and feel free to help out by changing such content."

We cant keep Mara here, i think we should delete her profile
How about just removing the pic and putting a note explaining why there isn't OR Putting this pic instead?

Back