• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin Megami Tensei Discussion thread

Hello, this is where every Shin Megami Tensei fan can discuss about Shin Megami Tensei's profiles and the character's stat.

Answer to Hitoshura's last reply : The image look good enough. But i would prefer something more modern-like art style Like This (you can ask the moderator for the rending :3 _

I want to ask. Why Polaris's tier is only 2-A while she is a Higher Dimensional Being? (Sorry because I can't read comment or comment in this wiki)

the comments were removed @rongden though i just hope final gives upgrades ^^

Hmm. I think Polaris is a Higher Dimensional Being. She "see" all countless pararell world, and if Akasha Stratum isn't Higher Dimension, Polaris can easily use Akashic Record to defeat all character in the final battle

http://imgur.com/Gv69aXh

Rongden231 said:
Hmm. I think Polaris is a Higher Dimensional Being. She "see" all countless pararell world, and if Akasha Stratum isn't Higher Dimension, Polaris can easily use Akashic Record to defeat all character in the final battle
if you want to then make a thread about it though if this was done before then i don't think you should (though idk if it really was done XD)

Rongden231 said:
No, I had the same confusion but with Kagutsuchi. Living in a Multiverse full of an infinite numbers of Universes doesn't make one a higher dimensional being. She (never realised that Polaris was a "she" XD) is an nigh-omniscient being who is overseeing an infinite number of Universes but that's it, not a 5-D being.

Wait for MagiSinbad or õ║║õ┐«þ¥à to reply first then if you aren't satisfied with their explanations, make a thread. But trust me, you'll need more than that screenshot to convince that Polaris is a higher dimensional.

I'm going to make a profile for Ishtar, because I like her in Catherine.

She seems to be, at least in SMT 2, a powerful being that when fused with Ashtar, because Astaroth, who is one of the strongest demons sans Beelzebub and Lucifer.

Would 2-C be a reasonable rating for her?

Rongden231 said:
I want to ask. Why Polaris's tier is only 2-A while she is a Higher Dimensional Being? (Sorry because I can't read comment or comment in this wiki)
WARNING : Incoming the long damn horrible bad-english comment

Haiz... I'm too lazy to type more than 200 words because i had already did so for a dozen times for a dozen DeSu fans, so you can read this instead ,It's about Arcturus and AO but i think it will give you my thought about Polaris power

So anyway...

Short answer : No, she's not a Higher Dimension being

Long answer : Holly YHVH, NO ! check the link i just gave you. Arcturus is the biggest evidence how weak is an administrator (Like Polaris and Arcturus) without the power of Akashic Record. If the administrators are truly the higher dimension beings, the humanity would have been wiped out of existence when Arcturus invaded Hibiki's world

Conclusion : Only the Akashic Record has the multiversal power, without it, the administrators will return back to their City Level stats

Also, the statement about the size of DeSu2 multiverse is not infinity, it's countless , and countless =/= infinity. It's just a number so big that everyone is too lazy to count, you can point into a bag of beans and say it contain a countless number of beans,but it doesnt make it infinite

Even ThanatoSeraph has argreed about this

Untitled.png6

Now you've mentioned it. I think we should downgrade Polaris and her Akashic Record to 2-B

Because Polaris isn't actuallly a higher dimensional being. Canopus then Hibiki and co are the alleged 5-D beings.

Correction : Hibiki and Desu2 cast absorbed the 5-D level power, which gave them the chance to go toes on toes with Canopus :3

For the comment section question : Ant remove it because it would increase the workload of the other administrators. Dang... i miss the comment section ;-;

MagiSinbad said:
Rongden231 said:
WARNING : Incoming the long damn horrible bad-english comment
Haiz... I'm too lazy to type more than 200 words because i had already did so for a dozen times for a dozen DeSu fans, so you can read this instead ,It's about Arcturus and AO but i think it will give you my thought about Polaris power

So anyway...

Short answer : No, she's not a Higher Dimension being

Long answer : Holly YHVH, NO ! check the link i just gave you. Arcturus is the biggest evidence how weak is an administrator (Like Polaris and Arcturus) without the power of Akashic Record. If the administrators are truly the higher dimension beings, the humanity would have been wiped out of existence when Arcturus invaded Hibiki's world

Conclusion : Only the Akashic Record has the multiversal power, without it, the administrators will return back to their City Level stats

Also, the statement about the size of DeSu2 multiverse is not infinity, it's countless , and countless =/= infinity. It's just a number so big that everyone is too lazy to count, you can point into a bag of beans and say it contain a countless number of beans,but it doesnt make it infinite

Even ThanatoSeraph has argreed about this

Untitled.png6

Now you've mentioned it. I think we should downgrade Polaris and her Akashic Record to 2-B

Because Polaris isn't actuallly a higher dimensional being. Canopus then Hibiki and co are the alleged 5-D beings.

Correction : Hibiki and Desu2 cast absorbed the 5-D level power, which gave them the chance to go toes on toes with Canopus :3

For the comment section question : Ant remove it because it would increase the workload of the other administrators. Dang... i miss the comment section ;-;
Isn't the amala multiverse together with the DeSu series? I might be wrong but theres any proof that DeSu2 verse is a totally different verse without conection to the amala multiverse at all?

Idk about this, dont have a single knowlegde about Catherine other than Catherine is in my waifu list o3o

From what i've seen, i dont even know if Catherine is a part of SMT multiverse or not, but since we had accepted GIR#FE in our SMT verse page then i dont see it's a problem

but can you list all of her feats ?

MagiSinbad said:
Idk about this, dont have a single knowlegde about Catherine other than Catherine is in my waifu list o3o

From what i've seen, i dont even know if Catherine is a part of SMT multiverse or not, but since we had accepted GIR#FE in our SMT verse page then i dont see it's a problem

but can you list all of her feats ?
Catherine is part of the SMT Multiverse.

Vincent even made a cameo in Persona 3 Portable, and that was years before Catherine was even announced.

Ishtar has two feats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWn3Dx2Xa8s 7:50

YHVH punished her and fused her with the God Ashtar. They together became Astaroth, one of Lucifer's highest ranking demons.

She also survived light attacks from Metatron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIX8xI-Lgwo

I'm thinking of her as 2-B. The gigantic gap between "At least 2-A" and 2-B would make even that ranking a lowball.

Isn't the amala multiverse together with the DeSu series? I might be wrong but theres any proof that DeSu2 verse is a totally different verse without conection to the amala multiverse at all?

DeSu 1 happened in the Amala. DeSu2 in the other hand, doesnt.

The proof for "it's a seperated multiverse" ? Akashic Record multiverse (AKA DeSu2 multiverse) has a difference cosmology from the Amala multiverse. While Kagutsuchi is the system maintain the Amala multiverse, the Akashic Record is the system maintain the Akashic Record multiverse. Akashic Record stood in a higher dimension called "The Akasha Stratum", it can change the past, future and present of entire multiverse as how the users (the Administrators and Canopus) want, can reshape the humanity, change how their think and decide the concept of the universes,ect... It's totally difference from the Amala, in Amala, there's only one ruler and that's Kagutsuchi. In Akashic Record multiverse, the administrator, the ruler of Akashic Record, is a race . All of them has the right step on the Heavenly Throne and gain the control of the Akashic Record.

This may be well too early. But. We do know Flynn status in Final?,and if its definitly that he killed both a serious Lucifer and Merkabah? Since, well...

• SPOILERS*

both are alive in Final. And his fusion with Krishna only leads to Vishnu. A well below being compared to a serious Lucifer.

• SPOILERS*

YHVH punished her and fused her with the God Ashtar. They together became Astaroth, one of Lucifer's highest ranking demons.

Hmmm... Is Astaroth is ranked above Asura ? From what i've seen in SMT 1, Asura would be comparable to Michael.

She also survived light attacks from Metatron.

Errrrr... that actually look more like a sealing spell than a Light Attack ^__^"

Reply to Alice : we have to wait until the FINAL english version come out if we want to have the correct stats o3o

both are alive in Final

Ooooops, somebody doesnt understand the nature of SMT's supernatural beings :3

Really ?! You can read japanese ??? :O because it's look like they just have a small chat then somehow, Metatron got pissed off and decide to fuse her with Ashtar :|

MagiSinbad said:
Really ?! You can read japanese ??? :O because it's look like they just have a small chat then somehow, Metatron got pissed off and decide to fuse her with Ashtar :|
LOL, no.

It's just the way they are positioned. She is clearly struggling and he is about to kill her.

And the SMT wiki is saying they had a confrontation.

I'm highly doubt that >__> Even if it's a battle, ít's look more like a stomp

Gotta wait for the others opinion about this

Even if he's one of the strongest demon under Lucifer's order, It's look like we cant scailing him from Asura because Asura took the top of Chaos Basilica and Astaroth took the below one. Implied that he's still weaker than Asura

MagiSinbad said:
Even if he's one of the strongest demon under Lucifer's order, It's look like we cant scailing him from Asura because Asura took the top of Chaos Basilica and Astaroth took the below one. Implied that he's still weaker than Asura
Even if there are 10 people stronger than Ishtar and weaker than Astaroth, she's still possibly 2-C to 2-B

Matthew Schroeder said:
MagiSinbad said:
Even if there are 10 people stronger than Ishtar and weaker than Astaroth, she's still possibly 2-C to 2-B
Patient, dude o3o Let wait for the others opinion

Just saw your Ishtar page, it's look pretty nice :3 also, i found this

joking around she changed the plot and timeline of the game Catherine.

look like Philemon/Nyarlathotep level hax o3o sound reasonable for tier 2-C :3

She can kinda stop time in all eight timelines of the endings to give commentary and flash forward on them, and also rewind and break the 4th wall I think.

The entire game is her creating the Vincent situation to see if there's someone worthy of her.. Uh, "Attention". Which results in a really dumb secret scene of her seducing the camera.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Is the new Lucifer from Final better?
Its way better imo:

Lucifer_SMTIV_Final.png

Regarding Ishtar, i think she would be around 2-C alone since she isn't more powerful than the Hindu gods(At least in SMT, i don't know anything about Catherine or whatever that game is called lmao) and since Astaroth is comparable to Beelzebub who is just below Metatron in terms of power according to Nocturne.

So, why no just make an Astaroth page(He should be At least 2-A) with info about Ishtar and Ashtar? (Since pretty much they're the same fused entity?) Regarding the SMT ones of course...You could just make a separate page for the Catherine one or something like that i don't really know nothing about her. Just my 2 cents.

You forgot the Young Blonde Ma in Lucifer's page btw.

I made an Ishtar page because I like the character and the design. I will too make a page for Beelzebub, Astaroth and other Demons who follow Lucifer.

MagiSinbad said:
DeSu 1 happened in the Amala. DeSu2 in the other hand, doesnt.

The proof for "it's a seperated multiverse" ? Akashic Record multiverse (AKA DeSu2 multiverse) has a difference cosmology from the Amala multiverse. While Kagutsuchi is the system maintain the Amala multiverse, the Akashic Record is the system maintain the Akashic Record multiverse. Akashic Record stood in a higher dimension called "The Akasha Stratum", it can change the past, future and present of entire multiverse as how the users (the Administrators and Canopus) want, can reshape the humanity, change how their think and decide the concept of the universes,ect... It's totally difference from the Amala, in Amala, there's only one ruler and that's Kagutsuchi. In Akashic Record multiverse, the administrator, the ruler of Akashic Record, is a race . All of them has the right step on the Heavenly Throne and gain the control of the Akashic Record.
That sounds more like a assumption than a actual fact, since kagutsuchi collapsed i don't know why it matters if theres a akashich records or not to separate the main multiverse from the DeSu2 multiverse, the fact that alice is there is probably a alusion to the old games where you have to fight Alice, same with beelzebub.

Of course we don't know the chronology for the DeSu2 multiverse, but ignoring the fact that in the main series Kagutsuchi is destroyed, does add to a valid reason to DeSu2 multiverse be together with all the others multiverses(including the other series that is not translated as well since)

Back