• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shapeshifters try to bring down kingdoms

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Alright, after my first experience with making 2 shape-shifters fight going inconclusive, I realize that it would be better to let them do what they do best, espionage. This won't get added but I thought it would be a challenge to know the outcome of this match. Anyway, onto the story.

Story : During a time at the villain pub, Loki and Chrysalis were arguing about who was supposed to pay the tab. The two previously met up to lament on how difficult it is to take over their desired kingdom no matter how brilliant their plans were. Loki decided to offer a wager and whoever wins has to pay the tab. The challenge of the wager involves the two villains trying to take over each other's desired kingdom (Loki tries to take over Equestria while Chrysalis tries to take over Asgard). Whoever succeeds in assassinating the leader of said kingdoms and taking control over it wins. In order to prove who wins, the winner needs to bring the army of their newly controlled kingdom to the loser's kingdom. The two agree with the wager and take off to each other's respective kingdoms

Rules
-4-B versions used
-Loki starts at the edge of Canterlot while Chrysalis starts at the edge of Asgard (Just past the rainbow bridge)
-Both Odin and Celestia are 2-C so the assassination part is pretty important
-The Mane 6 and The Warrior's 3 (Along with Thor and Sif) are present in said kingdoms so the espionage part is pretty important
-Frigga and Luna aren't present for unknown reasons

Glorious purpose! : 0
Shut up. All of you : 0
They both lose : 0

I suppose this is Thor's Pre-imperium (again), hmm, Heimdall would see the Changeling coming (I mean, he doesn't even have to use his cosmics eyes because he's the one at the front of the bridge most of the time), he would warn her and if she insists, Heimdall would simply teleport her out of asgard, I wonder if Chrysalis tries to go for the destroyer armor? (I mean it's a wincon against all asgard except Odin and Cul or maybe she end up losing control and lose the bet because destroy everything hahaha)

Chrysalis spawned past the rainbow bridge (Loki had the portal in the first place. He was probably gonna be stopped by Heimdall as well if he went back the conventional way too).

For some reason Heimdall doesn't have a comic profile so I had to use his MCU page. Apparently Heimdall's senses can be deceived meaning if Chrysalis doesn't start a villain song, she should be able to pass of as any citizen. That is assuming comic Heimdall has said weakness

yeah, since Heimdall always limits his senses (they would drive him crazy if he used it 100% all the time) although he is seen mainly covering asgard and a bit more with his senses, of course he could probably ignore Chrysalis while not calling the too much attention because of how some people behave.

otherwise Chrysalis would simply be noticed by the guardian.

(I'm being generous, the guy can see magic tricks if they are within his field of vision)

Alright now that it's dealt with, how exactly can you assassinate Odin without magic? Poison is out of the game because purification is a part of his abilities. Classic backstabbing is also out because Odin fathered the God of Mischief. That destroyer armor idea of yours is pretty interesting

How is the comic Destroyer activated? I read its profile and it's pretty powerful but how is it activated? Furthermore, how much security is applied to guard this armor?

anyone can activate it easily even if you get close enough or you use an astral projection to enter directly since it feeds on the life force/ oul of its wearer, the destroyer armor is in the vault of odin within the deepest of the Asgard's castle, is more or less protected but not that much (Loki could enter but he knows that he cannot use it because Odin would stop him easily, besides that the Armor can corrupt the soul), Odin has a weak point that is that he has to recharge the Odinforce one time (basically he becomes 10-b and fall in Odinsleep), the problem is that Heimdall and Thor (although it can be said that initially he is on earth and only comes to rest in Asgard so there is no Thor 24/7) visit Odin while he rests a few times but I suppose Heimdall has to take care of the administration of asgard since the All-Mother is not there (Unless Cul is counted, since he is the Asgardian Royal Inquisitor and Minister of Justice, but this was in the last few years that he was introduced)

That Odinsleep idea was great until I realized my own rules messed this up

"The Warrior's 3 (Along with Thor and Sif) are present in said kingdoms"

Though to be fair assuming Chrysalis isn't gonna shape-shift again in Asgard due to Heimdall's watch and assuming she took the forms of a guard, she can volunteer to enter Odin's bedroom and slay him at that time (Bonus points as guards will always know whether or not someone is visiting the person they're guarding meaning Chrysalis would never try to attack when Thor is visiting).

Now the only question is, how often does this Odinsleep happen?

Odin enters the Odinsleep at random times (at least once a year) but there are signs of anticipation, the duration of the Odinsleep varies from time to time; sometimes it's a single night while other occasions are for more than a week, odin is in a reinforced tank a some times, plus even though thor and heimdall visit the Skyfather, no one is allowed to touch him there are like 10 soldiers superior in power to the military asgardian Average to the point restrain loki, who was desperate to awakening his father to warn of the early activation of the destroyer.

Now that's unfortunate. That part where those elite guards were able to restrain Loki of all people. Does that mean they're resistant to mind manipulation or did Loki just forgot to use it on them?

Edit : Is that like agreeing to the first question or the second question?

Last edited:
The second although if she Kills Odin, this would cause Thor and basically all of Asgard to be on alert, so it would be more difficult winning.

Ironically one of the reasons I made this thread was because at the beginning of Thor : Ragnarok, Loki banished Odin and took his place.

What precautions does comic Odin have to being replaced that would hinder Chrysalis from just assuming his identity?

Ironically one of the reasons I made this thread was because at the beginning of Thor : Ragnarok, Loki banished Odin and took his place.

What precautions does comic Odin have to being replaced that would hinder Chrysalis from just assuming his identity?
In the long run it is likely that Surtur will return and without The Skyfather, it will all end badly.

I am sure that the main problem is that she behaves very strange when she replaces Odin (as she does not care about anything to Thor), also if she is going to do the False Odin she has to avoid Heimdall's reports so that she does not notice or Odin's ravens.

How well is the government of Celestia structured?

In the long run it is likely that Surtur will return and without The Skyfather, it will all end badly.

I am sure that the main problem is that she behaves very strange when she replaces Odin (as she does not care about anything to Thor), also if she is going to do the False Odin she has to avoid Heimdall's reports so that she does not notice or Odin's ravens.

How well is the government of Celestia structured?
Don't worry, this is for a wager. Loki will take over once the bet is off and he can impersonate and do his father's job inconspicuously

Believe it or not, Celestia is very laid back with her security. She would often visit her citizens or host events with minimum security. Her personality doesn't help as she has demonstrated actual interests and hobbies.

Here are a list of grievances involving her security along with the episodes where it appeared :
-Invited a reality bender and The Blob into a party because it would be "fun" (Make New Friends but Keep Discord)
-Got kidnapped by changeling jobbers (To Where and Back Again)
-Went on a vacation with only her sister before proceeding to split up with her out of rage (Between Dark and Dawn)
-Didn't notice that her fellow princess as well as several other ponies were compromised by Chrysalis herself (A Canterlot Wedding)
-A buff centaur. A BUFF CENTAUR was able to sneak into the archive room (Summer Sun Setback)
-Got her picture taken unconsensually by children. Not paparazzi, children (Ponyville Confidential)
-Didn't properly guard an interdimensional portal leading to a dimension where she banished her most powerful student (Equestria Girls)
-Got overtaken by pirates on blimps (MLP the movie)

She only has a few advantages to her security
-She doesn't have any specific moments of vulnerability
-She has mind and corruption manipulation resistance as well as magic nullification
-She's always out in broad daylight surrounded by her citizens
-Her castle had increased security after Sparkle Seven

Though the only thing notable to me from that episode were the geese. That alone increases the security by tenfold.

So yeah Loki can very easily get to Celestia. The only thing he needs to figure out is how to kill her and how to find an opening.

In Twilight's Kingdom, it's demonstrated that even Alicorn magic can be stolen or given. Seeing as to how comic Loki has power absorption in his list of abilities, why not start from there. How does that ability work for him?

His absorption is based on touching the target or an energy beam, although it can extract the soul also, it also has positions and spells that allow it to reduce the power

Loki could try to change the perception of celestia to drive her crazy over time (Perception=/=mindhax), steal the elements of harmony by studying his opponent due to how sloppy the important information of this is (most civilians know history Of EoH iirc), or simply fill the minds of the people of heaven with negative thoughts against her as he did with SS.

this is what loki would do in character

His absorption is based on touching the target or an energy beam, although it can extract the soul also, it also has positions and spells that allow it to reduce the power

Loki could try to change the perception of celestia to drive her crazy over time (Perception=/=mindhax), steal the elements of harmony by studying his opponent due to how sloppy the important information of this is (most civilians know history Of EoH iirc), or simply fill the minds of the people of heaven with negative thoughts against her as he did with SS.

this is what loki would do in character
Alright that's Loki's wincon. That last part however isn't possible because he still needs the kingdom intact in order to show it off to Chrysalis and a coup is a perfect way to destabilize a kingdom.

Stealing the elements of harmony isn't as easy as it sounds. It's guarded by an automatic system which can even identify shape-shifters (In The Mean 6, it was able to detect genetically accurate clones of the Mane 6 before subsequently killing them). It took a reality bender to steal the elements and he didn't even destroy it, he just hid it.

And even if Loki removes the elements, it doesn't matter because (I might be quoting this wrong) "The magic of friendship comes from within". King Sombra tried that at Beginning of The End and he died. It can also be rebuilt as seen in Uprooted.

So yeah, keep in mind this is still an espionage match. Torturing your target is fine but don't drag too much unwanted attention. Destroying an artifact that's the foundation of a civilization will bring a lot of attention while also having almost no benefits whatsoever.

well loki could teleport the elements to one of the nine Realm and exchange it for a fake duplicate

Also loki could become loki president and try to rule equestria as someone who uses democracy, defeating the mornaquia of Celestia and the princesses :unsure:

And that's how president Loki came to be

Anyways I forgot to ask, how does Odin's Ravens work in Marvel Comics? According to wikipedia, they're a pair of ravens who travel the world to learn about news and then broadcast it to Odin.

And that's how president Loki came to be

Anyways I forgot to ask, how does Odin's Ravens work in Marvel Comics? According to wikipedia, they're a pair of ravens who travel the world to learn about news and then broadcast it to Odin.
apparently they are simply ravens with the ability to communicate with odin, they perceive different realities (although this is something that appeared new in the comics and is probably just something that the King of Asgard/Rune King Thor can do) and has an MFTL+ speed and travels between universes/dimensions, has some Soul hax (can transfer someone's soul to a shell), although they do not have an offensive ability, are used for information but they are almost always away from the All-Father probably doing some important mission

Alright so they're mostly away. Anyway I just remembered that Chrysalis had some pretty good mind manipulation. You said that Loki never used his mind manipulation on those elite guards guarding Odin. Do you think it means they don't have any resistances to it?

Alright so they're mostly away. Anyway I just remembered that Chrysalis had some pretty good mind manipulation. You said that Loki never used his mind manipulation on those elite guards guarding Odin. Do you think it means they don't have any resistances to it?
Depends on what form of Mindhax she use? (Putting the Asgardians to sleep/destroying their minds wouldn't affect it, Gods resist Chaos king power) and well there is the possibility that they will resist, since Odin gives some of his power to his guards and heimdall

Pretty low. The Mane 6 were able to resist it (Or she just forgot to use it on any of them)

Alright, a few last ideas. Are they immune to petrification? Look, that isn't in her profile but I just need to know before I end up dumping more MLP lore.

loki's body was petrified/frozen and held in space by the power of odin, but he can still maintain his consciousness and cast his astral form, idk if this work

Thank you. Anyway something I've never seen mentioned in a thread is that Chrysalis is also capable of transforming into animals in Equestria (She turned into an Ophiotaurus in Frenemies). One of said animals there is the cockatrice, a chicken headed snake with Medusa powers.

Under the assumption that Chrysalis can transform into said animal and replicate its ability, would she be able to take down those elite guards?

Thank you. Anyway something I've never seen mentioned in a thread is that Chrysalis is also capable of transforming into animals in Equestria (She turned into an Ophiotaurus in Frenemies). One of said animals there is the cockatrice, a chicken headed snake with Medusa powers.

Under the assumption that Chrysalis can transform into said animal and replicate its ability, would she be able to take down those elite guards?
Maybe

Finally something that resembles a wincon

Anyway another question, is Heimdall's omni-sense technically tied to magic?

It is difficult to say, it seems that it is something natural within his family, although Heimdall is the one who has one more powerful

I've been limiting Heimdall's Omni-senses, because he could see chrysalis from another galaxy and her plan

Back