• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae VS Winter Schnee

Im gonna give this win to Shantae tbh

Winter has an AP advantage of 18.8 tons > 14 , but ofc the gap isnt too big that its decisive, and she can speed amp when it seems necessary, but Shantae's pure versatility wins out here

Maybe if we assumed Winter had everything Weiss could do, it would be fairer, but Shantae has Speed Amp like Winter, and a lot lot more. Winters only real decisive power over her is the Summoning, but shes only ever shown weak grimm and small nevermores.

Shantae has abilities like Invisibility, Transformations (with Size shifting quantities), Flight, Invulnerability, Shield generation, Healing, Magic in general (Something 'godlike' in RWBY), as well as Pike Balls that can prevent Winter from getting close.

Not to mention winter doesn't have the range advantage from what we see, and even if she did, Shantae could reflect/absorb it. She also has access to electricity (which has on multiple occasions shown to bypass aura to a greater extent than other elementals)

Its hard to argue Shantae is more skilled, but we do see a lot more of her in work than we have of Winter.

So yeah, Shantae for all of that, no spite claims please.

She is, but its still unquantifiable, and we're gonna have to assume the lowest end like we always do since she doesn't have her very own statistic.

Besides, this even was fairly early in the game for Shantae too, who had been obviously improving in power and abilities, so she's most likely a bit above 14 tons too

Winter scales to Qrow, who is equal to Raven, who is stronger than Vernal, who can one shot Weiss Arma Gigas, which can defeat a Queen Lancer, which took an 18 ton attack without damage.

TheRustyOne said:
Winter scales to Qrow, who is equal to Raven, who is stronger than Vernal, who can one shot Weiss Arma Gigas, which can defeat a Queen Lancer, which took an 18 ton attack without damage.
Okay, but again, we cant really assume a massive amount higher since its unquantifiable without a calculation, its the closest value we have and therefore its used as our minimum, and we really have no evidence of saying its even 2x that, or 3x. She's already got the AP advantage like i have stated, but i think Shantae wins because of her high versatility, high defence options, and her wide use of magic.

Plus, Shantae has taken on and defeated opponents stronger than her physically (Giga Mermaid, a few of the Barons, Most likely even the Pirate Master), so while ofc it is a factor, its not decisive.

Yes, but we know that Winter is stronger than people who can one shot 18 tons.

Which means Winter can one shot 18 tons as well.

And Shantae is 14 tons.

TheRustyOne said:
Yes, but we know that Winter is stronger than people who can one shot 18 tons.
Which means Winter can one shot 18 tons as well.

And Shantae is 14 tons.
Well, 14 tons at minimum, but if it is a one shot like that, then perhaps stomp factors are in order?

But the Arma Gigas wasn't even fully summoned, as well as in a rush to summon him. If what this wiki goes by, which is that Weiss' summons got an amp (Rather than Weiss having enough of an amp in order to summon the Lancer), then that would mean her summons' powers are decisive on how powerful her semblance currently is. Plus V5's bullshit scaling.

But Shantae has also faced and survived attacks from stronger things than those cannonballs tbh, but the fact is that we can only honestly use the values that we know as a minimum baseline. And both sides it seems have evidence for being most likely stronger than what their minimum calcs are. Only difference is Shantae has a much wider versatility.

WeeklyBattles said:
Winter can point at shantae and Shantae freezes to the point that one attack will shatter her
Have we seen Winter using Ice?

Plus Shantae has Fire manipulation as one of her main weapons, so that can save that from happening.

Shantae because she's infinitely more attractive and she's in Smash at least as a spirit, which is more than Winter could ever hope to say.

...and because I need to grasp at straws (emphasis on this part) in order to not be useless, Mirror makes Winter freeze herself, she's well above her own calc just like Winter, she has versatility on her side, and more.

@Cal winter can literally point at shantae and directly freeze her without a projectile, then shatter her with a single attack

As said above, I'm grasping at straws to play devil's advocate because I like Shantae's design much more. Winter does probably win, if I'm being honest. I just well...don't want her to lol.

Yes, count this as a vote for Winter.

Yknow, if it truly is a oneshot when Shantae cant do anything, then its a bit of an AP stomp, i didn't realise Winter was far beyond that calc. Should probably make her City Block+ or state this somewhere. #SaveShantaeOrCalcHeraStrongerCityBlockFeat

But Winter still cant freeze Shantae with ice dust she obviously has but has never shown, And Shantaes versatility would win it for her if they weren't AP mismatched

Schnee One said:
She can't be 8B+ from that
Well i mean, if shes at the point where she can one shot other City Blocks by the logic, it should still be noted somewhere tbh.

Still a bit of a stomp though if theres honestly nothing shantae can hurt her with

We should probably still have something that says how Winter is far above that calc though, rather than having to trace it back through Qrow and stuff etc. Its a shame cause i wanted Shantae to have a good match rip

Yeah, looks good enough, it just needs to be clearer so that it traces the actual scale of Winter's AP, rather than just ebign comparable to Qrow

Back