• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae vs Nico Robin

Would she do that before Robin gets the chance? She can pretty much do it without the opponent noticing.

But yeah, Nico should take this

Perfectly in character for her to summon her arms directly underneath the opponent and she has significantly higher lifting strength and can get past most of Shantae's stuff by summoning them beneath her.

So yeah, voting Nico

She can summon the hands on Shantae's body, in fact.

The only way the defensive stuff Shantae possess would work against this is if she swings the spikes so near his body she gets hurt from it.

Works if she knows she's getting her spine ripped

Won't if she doesn't know, and I don't believe she can sense attacks below her

Shantae is a Videogame character. Does she have cutscenes where she leads with that?

There might be a scenario where she starts with it, but considering she can start with anything, only a few scenarios where she can pull that off would be viable, while the vast majority ends with Robin cracking her spine.

No of course not most videogames dont bother to show cutscenes of extraneous abiites and equipment other than the absolute plot essential stuff.

Also Shantae could possibly react in time to activate her invulnerability magic and make Robin's attack not work.

Possibly =/= Will.

The chances are lower than Shantae using anything else. Like way lower.

She can't teleport away from hands spawning from her body. They would go with her.

And that wouldn't happen before Robin Clutch her.

Not even considering that it's also a small possibility among a lot of other options Shantae can use.

Vanishing cream will needs her to move so that's a nope. Her other ways are thought based however. I'm not really sure if her teleporting away would just go with her, we haven't seen that happen so I'm not sure if we can just assume this.

Could she transfrom into her elephant form to become too big (in the moment it would disperse the hands' grip due to sudden change in size) or her mouse form to escpe the grip?

• Clutch: Robin sprouts multiple arms on an opponent, one pair forcing them on the ground backwards, one pair hold the foe up at their back, and a final pair grabs the upper body. The pairs at the upper body and legs pull, brutally cracking the foe's back. The power of the attack increases with more arms.
Is this what everyone's talking about? I was under the impression Robin was just straight grabbing Shantae's spine. If this is her opener, does Shantae actually have a wincon?

If she cant even begin to even move, let alone evade, attack or dodge I'd argue this is a stomp How does iinvulenarability factor into this then if she COULD get it off?

DatOneWeeb said:
Vanishing cream will needs her to move so that's a nope. Her other ways are thought based however. I'm not really sure if her teleporting away would just go with her, we haven't seen that happen so I'm not sure if we can just assume this.
?

Is Shantae's clothing magical or something or what? Cause they don't teleport off her body when she teleports

How would that stop Shantae's clothes from teleporting off?

She's teleporting her body and her hands are a part of it, I see no reason they would not stay

Maybe because WF doesn't want this to be a rated M game? Teleportation in which someone can get out of someone's grip is fairly common, in which they have their clothing always.

Nico teleports hands on and she dies I guess.

I mean technically if she uses vanishing cream immediately her winning is most likely but she definitely won't do that

Schnee One said:
Nico teleports hands on and she dies I guess.

I mean technically if she uses vanishing cream immediately her winning is most likely but she probably won't do that to start
Fixed that for ya.

So Shantae wins if she starts with Vanishing Cream, otherwise Robin wins via Hand Trap. In other words, Robin wins low difficulty. It seems to really be all or nothing with Shantae matches.

SBA means this takes place in Central Park NYC at 4km starting distance since nothing was specificed by OP, so Shantae being so far away from her opponent she might be more inclined to begin the battle using vanishing cream

No, SBA states that they start at the range of the character who has the best range. In this case, Robin.

4km is the maximum distance for SBA if one of the fighters exceeds that number.

Back