• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shana (Shakugan no Shana) VS Kamijou Touma

After considered Lazyhunter's opinion,Touma's suitable opponent should not faster than Touma's precog.Although I believe Touma could act better than his prediction,I accept this.

But the opponent he suggested,Voldemort,would be a bit easy for him,as this mission can be done by others with suitable tier.

So I choose an opponent slower than Misaka Mikoto(similar may be).But still a tough opponent,as only a few characters can resist time stop.

Earlier someone started Kotori Itsuka VS Shana,as Kotori Itsuka does not fear time stop or fire attack,but at last the result was both side die,as Shana would summon Alastor at last.

In fact,the most difficult problem for Shana's opponents outside her world is the time stop,as time stop resistance is considered as a high rank skill which mostly appears on deity level characters,but that means stomp.

While it's true that this isn't the ridiculous stomp the other thread was, remember that Shana can fly. One of Touma's weaknesses, as especifically noted by his page and Touma himself, are enemies who can simply fly well outside melee range and just throw ranged attacks at him until he dies, he has no counter for that kind of strategy.

Shana's attacks don't seem to be fast enough for that to become a big problem though, and with no knowledge of Touma or IB she would probably not start fighting like that. Don't remember much from the first two seasons, but she would probably try to go for melee first, and that likely means no more magic sword for her once Touma blocks with IB. She would still be physically stronger and faster than Touma, so the deciding question is if he can hurt her. MCB Durability says no to that, so Touma loses this fight unless he accidentally destroys her pendant while trying to fight her, which according to her page would bring her to human levels and probably give Touma the win.

Now, if Touma had previous knowledge about her and the pendant thing he would likely go for the pendant after taking care of her sword, but as it is now the only way for Touma to win relies mostly in chance, so I'm giving it to Shana here.

^He's most likely grapped her boob or ass before he could touch the pendant though. So even though they're college working in the same publisher, she would go into tsundere mode and beat the living shit out of him.

Fiying problem depends on the battle field,as if they fight in Acdamic City,or some other place in Toaru,a flying magician would be shot down easily.It can not work in a building,either.

And defeat Touma in this way means a very long battle,as Touma has almost perfect precog and high stamina,such strategy may not work when Touma's goal is"guarding the flag for 15 min",or something else,and the possible reinforcement may decide the result.

At last,Thor used perfect hit and run to deal with Touma,but strangely disrupted by a train.And when High Priest launch his final attack,Touma's right hand seems to be able to deal with it in range,although Aleister took step earlier.

So I doubt the fly strategy,it may force Touma to cut off his own right arm at most,but that's all that can do.

And Touma would attempt to IB most unnecessary part of the opponent's wearing, as a kind of anti-magic strategy which he has learned before.So Shana's pendant would become Touma's target,although may not from beginning.What's more,almost all the magic defense do not take effect when attacked by IB.In fact,IB is one of the strongest attack in novels as it almost ignore defense,or only count physical defense.

^You haven't specified anything about the location of the fight and other stuff, so standard battle assumptions are what's used for this battle. Also, another Toaru character interfering with the fight to make things easier for Touma is not allowed, this is a duel. Similarly, you can't just set a goal like that to hand Touma the win, assumptions is either fight to the dead or BFRing/incapacitating/KOing the other party for long enough to be considered a "win".

I think you don't understand what happened during his 2nd fight with Thor, IB had nothing to do with it. Thor's ability simply didn't work on the train until the last second because he hadn't included it as a valid target, Touma simply baited him there while he was being pummeled. All Touma did in NT13 when High Priest was about the crush AC was raise his hand and produce some ominous creacking noises, you can't use something like that as an argument for this battle. Also, Touma in character wouldn't cut his own right arm, after NT14 he's probably against it.

Touma would have no reason to target a pendant he doesn't know anything about. Also MCB durability means Touma can't harm her, so unless you can find proof that her durability as a Flame Haze is actually "MCB with magic" or something similar Touma's only chance is accidentally breaking the pendant. IB is not one of the strongest attacks in novels, far from it.

I know IB had nothing to do with Thor,but I still feel strange for that train,as we know,Touma has hidden power,so I doubt that may interfere result without being noticed.Only with IB,Aleister would not trust Touma to beat his opponents so firmly.

And for the defense,if it's from Alastor's power,it count as magic and won't count when attacked by IB.IB's target only count physical defense and ignore others.

You know,in Toaru,Magicians always have something different in their wearings,and Touma knows this,so if opponent wears something more than necessary,he would attempt to IB it as this really works in Toaru.

standard battle assumptions ,then flying is possible,as the battlefield is a park,and start from 4 km.But both side do not know opponent's skill,this would be good for Touma greatly,as he has precog,and he only needs to deal with Shana as an Toaru Magician.And although flying would work,Shana prefer melee first,and without knowing Touma's skill,she would not change this on time.

But if the assumption battle field is New york,then Touma can move to the subway to avoid air attack.

^Do you want him to die that quickly!? And beside the fact that's she's the faithful type, there's no way he would steal from someone that work in the same company (and a senpai) .

i go with shana, she flys into the air and spams her fire, not sure but i think after the inital attack the fire will beomce a natural thing that cant be negated, but either way, touma cant touch her if she is not reckless, plus she has a katana which she can use rather skillfully...

Is flame haze considered as supranatural being or not?

If yes, Touma will win because he can destroy any supranatural being even archangel with his IB. I think Shana cannot harm Touma unless she using close range combat, but if she is supranatural being, it will be risky battle for Shana.

^she is a normal human that acts as a vessel for a "shakugan no shana verse version of a god" i think,

that makes her spells and flames supernatural but not herself or her equipment...

Meh touma will punch the girl in the face and add her to his harem "sorry yuji "

anyway joking aside touma will win in close range fight since all he need is just one touch to erase her power and his reaction speed is more than enough for her attackshowever can shana can fly and be out of his range and fire at him hir flame's and touma can just Continue to erase them "her attack wont be faster tha misaka "

no girl can resist the touma punch

About her sword (Nietono no Shana), is that just normal sword or contain supranatural power? if it contain supranatural power, Touma can destroy it. I think Shana will win against Touma if she just using normal sword.

Makina Yuki said:
About her sword (Nietono no Shana), is that just normal sword or contain supranatural power? if it contain supranatural power, Touma can destroy it. I think Shana will win against Touma if she just using normal sword.
it's magical sowrd with supranaturl power of cource , will another sword by as effective as Nietono ?i can imagine it will be a lot weaker

anyway she's fine as long tshe stay away from close combat

Well, Nietono is not effective against IB because it contain supranatural power. I think Shana will win in close combat as long she using normal weapon against Touma. Otherwise, Touma win.

So it seems Touma may become the only suitable opponent for Shana,as he resists time stop,and would not stomp Shana at once.

Back