• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Several Zelda Downgrades

Bump. Also, that statement is pretty much identical in the eng version. I'll shortly apply the changes to everything sans WW Link and Vaati.

- I think Twilight Link canonically stomped Argorok as i remember he was searching the pieces of the Twilight Mirror to get to Zant and not to empower the Master Sword/finding pieces of the Triforce of Courage as seen happening in Wind Waker, the only problem is that the last fight with that piece was Puppet Ganon.

- For Vaati as at least High 5-A, likely High 4-C might suffice, though i don't remember which items/artifacts Link had when he fought him.

- Before closing the thread we need Howard to tell us all the abilities of Calamity Ganon, so we can divide and give him the 5-A key.

TP Link is clearly superior to Argorok, but not nearly enough to call it a stomp. At most, we can scale WW Link from Puppet Ganon, but iirc he doesn't have anything that suggests him being even comparable to the real Ganon.

In MC, he only had the Four Sword. I'm not 100% sure about the other games, but he should only have that, too.

I personally think it's better to create different pages for Ganon and just make the Composite like we did with Link, but still separated into keys.

Calamity Ganon's abilities are: Moral manip, electricity, fire, water, ice, wind manip, forcefield creation, Low-Godly, nigh-invulnerability, resistance to sealing, time stop and EE, telekinesis, tech manip, monster creation, energy projection and probably others, but this should be most of them.

We really should go to sleep. P.S. Team Cydonia rimonta.

Unlike Link or Zelda, Ganon literally is just one character who either dies regenerates or simply comes back from being BFR'd. Also, base Ganon should probably have his intelligence adjusted since he's not automatically berserk just from being separated from the Triforce of Power. Calamity Ganon on the other hand does appear to be rather berserk.

I know, but that's a mess. It's five keys that share half of the power, some all of the powers of other keys, and it becomes a mess.

My opinion is to create a separate page for Weakened Ganon, Calamity Ganon and FSA Ganon, with the main page being separated into Base, Composite sans ALTTP, Full Composite (with full TF), with Weakened being linked to base saying that base also has its power, and Calamity and FSA being linked to Composite. Probably the name for the second key needs to change, but more or less, this should work.

The only reason to seperate Ganon into more than one profile would be to separate Ganondorf and Ganon given the humanoid and Giant Pig form distinctions. But even then, 4 or 5 keys isn't that messy. It's more like if we have more than 6 keys is what causes the mess generally speaking.

I think FSA Ganon having his own profile is fine since he isn't the same person as the Ganondorf that appears in most other games. I'm neutral on giving Calamity Ganon his own profile, but given how different he is from every other incarnation of himself I personally wouldn't mind him having his own profile.

IMO, the Ganons that should have their own pages are Weakened, as it's just Base Ganon less intelligent and less haxed, FSA as he's a reincarnation of TP Ganon, and maybe Calamity, but I'm starting to think it's better to put him as a key.

Back on topic, Vaati becomes "At least High 5-A, possibly High 4-C" or directly becomes High 4-C? I'm still against scaling him to the ToP.

Weakened Ganon doesn't need his own profile, he's still the same person as Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. Just mix base and weakened Ganon into one key but make a distinction between them in the intelligence section.

Something like "Gifted normally because blah blah blah. But Below Average/Animalistic during the Oracle games because Twinrova botched his resurrection".

If the Light Force is truly comparable to Hylia and Demise then I can see Vaati being High 4-C and chalking up him being weaker than FSA Ganon as a inconsistency (And even then I'm sure it's stated or heavily implied Vaati was heavily weakened in the game anyway).

I'm still a little skeptical about Light Force to being higher than the Triforce of Wisdom though. It "Originally" existed in all life forms yes, and it now lives in the Female Monarchs of Hyrule, or various Zeldas. But that also implies that even Zelda without Triforce of Wisdom possesses it. And considering the Triforce of Wisdom does significantly enhance Zelda's power, that does imply the Triforce of Wisdom alone is supposedly stronger than the Light Force.

I'm personally okay with Light Force Vaati scaling to a single Triforce, but quite skeptical about him being any higher than that. Also, Dark took care of base Ganon's intelligence section.

As I said, the amount of Light Force that remained in Zelda is minimal, and she she never had both the full Light Force and the ToW at the same time (not even same life)

Back