• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Several Zelda Downgrades

It mainly consists of downgrading High 5-As to High 6-Bs

Edit: Deleted everything that was accepted.

Link (Wind Waker)
Just having the ToC and MS shouldn't be enough to warrant High 5-A. For example, TP Link had both when he fought Argorok, who's just High 6-B

Vaati
All of his reasoning is «Light Force= Piece of the Triforce» , which is just headcanon.

The Light Force is constantly described as having infinite power (No, I'm not saying that Vaati is High 3-A), while the Triforce of Power is only described as granting «Absolute Power» , which is hardly quantificable, so the two can't really be compared, so:

ImmagineLF
Example of Light Force being stated to have infinite power.

«At least Large Country Level (Much stronger than Base Vaati)»

But there is something. Hyrule Encycopedia states that The Light Force is part of the True Master Sword, and likely Hylia had it beforehand, which could mean that the Light Force could have been a considerable part of Hylia/Link's Power against Demise, so:

«Possibly Large Star Level (The Light Force is a part of the True Master Sword, should be comparable to Hylia and Demise as he has the Light Force, which was described as having infinite power several times)»

ImmagineMS

Absolute Power and Infinite Power are easily comparable thought? They're both adjectives which indicate superiority / supremacy when it comes to power. I.e, being stronger than anything else. I don't see how it is a problem?

The problem is also that Ganon is probably a bit of a wanker of the powers of the ToP, and Absolute is probably meant in relationships to the Twili's magic.

Why Calamity ganon was compared to TOP Ganon is beyond me, he should at least be superior to Oracle games counterpart as he still wasn't as weak.

Cropfist said:
Wasn't the Calamity Ganon feat disregarded for being a glitch?
Iirc it was disregarded because someone decided to scale him to a statement that said he was the purest incarnation of Ganon, but it's not like that's a feat (and iirc it's not even in the jap version, so it's completely non-Canon).

The 5-C got recalculated to High 5-A.

I can't find anything to connect them to Faron/base Ghirahim.

Majora is extremely unconnected, so I can't scale them to him, too.

I think WW Links first key being High 5-A is fine as he has both the Triforce of Courage and the Master Sword, but make that the reasoning instead of "Fought/Defeated Ganondorf", but his 2nd key and Bellum I agree don't have much going for them to justify High 5-A but "At least High 6-B" seems too low to me.

I've never paid much attention to Malladus's profile (Because he's like the least memorable villain in the series) but wow his justifications for High 5-A are bad, just randomly assuming he's comparable to Ganon is just awful so again I agree with a downgrade.

Vaati, I'll probably go into more detail about him later so for now consider me neutral about his revision.

@Matt Would you mind sharing the statements linking Majora to Ganon because I don't recall any kind of link made between them outside of concept art for Twilight Princess.

I'm not sure if he's High 5-A even with both as he got easily stomped by Ganon. And I know it's too low, but there's nothing else. 6-A is unconnected, 5-C got recalculated, 5-B is even more unconnected and same for whatever Calamity Ganon ends up. There simply aren't any better feat I can scale them to.

At least he has one of the best final boss themes in Zelda verse, if not even within gaming in general.

I think High 5-A is fine since he should be somewhat comparable to the Hero of Time, but to a lesser degree to a point where Ganon could punch his lights put.

Yeah scaling Bellum and Malladus is tricky, we have no direct comparisons for their power and they don't have any feats exceeding Argorok afaik.

Oh man yeah his boss theme is phenomenal and is the only redeeming part of his existence.

Calamity Ganon has a calc putting him at Large Planet level (Double digit Yottatons iirc) and wasn't used because of a statement that he's more powerful during a Blood Moon which meant that he never moves it, even though theres plenty of statements that solidify that he's the cause of the Blood Moon so I think his feat should be considered legit. I think "At least 5-A" for BOTW Link would suffice since he's>=Calamity Ganon>>>Held back soul that has a casual 5-A feat.

It's time to bump up in the air, (Bump up in the air),

Bump up, don't be scared, (Bump up, don't be scared),

Bump up and your cares will soar away, (oohoohooh),

And if the dark clouds start to swirl,

Don't fear, don't shed a tear, 'cause

I'll be your 1-Up Girl

So let's all bump up super high, (Bump up super high),

High up in the sky, (High up in the sky),

There's no power-up like dancing,

You know that you're my Super Star, (You're my Super Star)

No one else can take me this far

I'm flipping the switch,

Get ready for this,

Ohh, ohh, let's do the Odyssey!

Okay, given that I forgot about her

Lady Maud
Her justification is being equal to ALBW Link, who is High 5-A and later fights her. Seems legit right? No.

The reason Link is High 5-A in the first place in ALBW is via having both the Master Sword and the Triforce of Courage, but he doesn't have them in TFH. He leaves the Master Sword in the pedestal, and the Triforce is complete at the end of the game, and Link doesn't have it. As such, he gets High 6-B along with Lady Maud.

What i think:

- Just Replace the Weakened Ganon key to just Base.

- Wind Waker and possibly other Links gets a Base and Triforce of Courage [Link fought Oot Ganon with the TP] keys.

- If Link did not had a Triforce Piece at the time in Phanton Hourglass nor in Spirit Tracks and in Triforce Heroes then Bellum, Malladus and Lady Maul gets scaled to Base Ganon since are final bosses.

- Same for Breath of the Wild, but Link and Ganon might scale from the 5-A feat, just 5-A without at least.

- Vaati profile is ok, it needs no changes.

Okay

It's a bit useless as we generally consider Link only as "end game" Link, so he either has it or he doesn't have it.

Seems legit.

They're probably going to be 5-A

Why? Even if both statements mean that they >> most other things, the ToP's one is quite unquantifiable, without considering that he may just straight up scale from Demise.

Vaati only absorbed a portion of it, if he completely absorbed it then he can scale to Demise.

I'm a little late here, but most of these seem reasonable and rather neutral on other details. I can agree with the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks characters being downgraded. Calamity Ganon using the his Moon moving feat and having a slight downgrade seems legit. But Vaati's who I'm most unsure about. Unless they've been directly compared, I don't entirely think it should be assumed that the Light Force is comparable to a Triforce fraction. However, Did Ganon by any chance have the Triforce at the end of Four Swords Adventure? Been a while since I played that game so my memory is a bit foggy. If so, then Light Force might potentially be comparable to the Triforce of Power albeit somewhat weaker.

Additionally, Hyrule Historia says the Light Force was something everyone in Hyrule was powered by, so unless Vaati absorbed the entire population of Hyrule's power, he's really not comparable to Triforce. At best, he's comparable to a Non Triforce of Wisdom enhanced Zelda, so I'm personally okay with downgrading him then.

Speaking of which, Light Force summary needs rewording. Right now, it's plagiarized from the Zelda wiki.

Key word: WAS

In a directly translated from jap (to ita) version of HH, it says something like:

"An infinite source of energy coming from the sky that contains the enormous power of the Force, ORIGINALLY present in every living being."

The original is: "una fonte di energia infinita proveniente dal cielo che contiene l'enorme potere della Forza, in origine presente in ogni essere vivente"

Back