• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Several OPM character upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feats aren’t limitations
They are when they're two tiers and multiple orders of magnitude below our scaling.

Also liked mentioned, under your scaling idea we're saying that multiple people explicitly weaker than the meteor and unable to stop it in fact scale to the meteor and are much stronger than it. It just doesn't work.

Genos literally says his strength is close to Saitamas lol?
This is not a hill you want to die on since Genos is an unreliable narrator in this context.

ima just mention this
  • Refrain from trying to scale anyone else from Saitama’s attacks, as he is the verse’s god tier and the results of his attacks can be inconsistent.

Stop it we are scaling genos image of saitama strength here we went over this
1 thing, simple statements with no feats whatsoever doesn't make someone that tier, genos opinion of gouketsu scales him to saitama but that's just an opinion.
gouketsu is 7-A+ for the damage he done to a city with his fight with saitama, gouketsu wasn't holding back, saitama was like always. scaling ppl to saitama is a sloppy move as he is never serious and it can cause alot of chaos.

here is ur 7-A+ gouketsu feats
nothing about high 6-A in this whatsoever

They are when they're two tiers and multiple orders of magnitude below our scaling.

Also liked mentioned, under your scaling idea we're saying that multiple people explicitly weaker than the meteor and unable to stop it in fact scale to the meteor and are much stronger than it. It just doesn't work.
They are only that low because yall believe they are. Statements in the lore suggests they are far higher than what yall have them at. All this means is yall are lowballing him.
Which people that “scale above him” couldnt stop the meteor? Ill wait for you provide scans for that.
This is not a hill you want to die on since Genos is an unreliable narrator in this context.
Simply claiming he’s unreliable in this point in the story isnt proving it.
Give valid evidence of his statement being contradicted by anything or the lore not following it.
Nothing contradicts him scaling to a suppressed Saitama who destroyed the meteor and you have proved it cant work at all. At this point youre cherry picking and literally dodging multiple arguments I have presented

1 thing, simple statements with no feats whatsoever doesn't make someone that tier, genos opinion of gouketsu scales him to saitama but that's just an opinion.
gouketsu is 7-A+ for the damage he done to a city with his fight with saitama, gouketsu wasn't holding back, saitama was like always. scaling ppl to saitama is a sloppy move as he is never serious and it can cause alot of chaos.

Thats not just an opinion he has tech that allows him to read energy signals

Doesn't Genos say Saitama has infinite power or some shit like that?

Also we scale them to their feats, not Saitama who is always casual and varies from tier 8 to tier 6 depending on how serious he is.

Statements are valid until contradicted or if the lore itself has set it out to be a lie. Until you can prove its a contradiction in the story then you cannot simply disregard it.
Feats are not limitations, using this same logic people like tatsumaki is only building level or bang is wall level for damage they do towards the ground. Hasnt seth already already bodied the wiki for using that logic? Doing one thing isn’t contradicting them scaling to higher feats. We have no idea how the fight went, Gougetsu could have been casual with this feat then start using more power like multiple villains in the story do. This refutes nothing

Also we scale them to their feats, not Saitama who is always casual and varies from tier 8 to tier 6 depending on how serious he is.
We scale them from saitama feats whom genos saw and still thought gouketsu was of a similar level

Who says this? Boros states he has “limitless energy” or was it immeasurable, not sure.
I dont think you have paying attention to this thread or my and other members arguments at all. Ill give you time to read over and wait for a more properly typed up argument

Nothing contradicts him scaling to a suppressed Saitama who destroyed the meteor
Nothing contradicts it, but nothing supports it either. There's no backing, its a guess that breaks our current scaling and sounds incredibly circular. I'm not signing off on it, but if you can convivence other mods to push it through, feel free to. But you don't have my support.

Who says this? Boros states he has “limitless energy” or was it immeasurable, not sure.
I dont think you have paying attention to this thread or my and other members arguments at all. Ill give you time to read over and wait for a more properly typed up argument
I have been reading. I think it's literally a waste of time and away with the fairies. I'm just not commenting on it more then that.

Nothing contradicts it, but nothing supports it either. There's no backing, its a guess that breaks our current scaling and sounds incredibly circular. I'm not signing off on it, but if you can convivence other mods to push it through, feel free to. But you don't have my support.
So you concede to nothing contradicting it and it can exist within the story. Concession is gladly accepted.
There is something supporting it, Geno’s statement supports it, lol

I have been reading. I think it's literally a waste of time and away with the fairies. I'm just not commenting on it more then that.
I dont believe you have cause if you did you would have known we are scaling him to a feat from Saitama and not saitama himself. My logic is valid, supported by the manga and isn’t contradicted by anything. Youre just being arrogant.

I'd also like to mention that we aren't scaling shit to anything until Saitama’s meteor punch gets calculated.

And from what has been stated thus far I am still against the upgrade.

I'd also like to mention that we aren't scaling shit to anything until Saitama’s meteor punch gets calculated.

The meteor has been calced, lol? Saitama overpowered the meteor he scales above it.
Whats been stated isnt valid? Please quote everything in the op and debunk every argument I have given for lots of characters. If its bad then explain how ill take it youre just being arrogant

watch this and think again on actions, they faught. saitama was still casual and gouketsu was giving it all he had
That's a well drawn fan comic. While nice, its not usable. Also that still shows Saitama easily killing Goketsu in one punch and he displays nothing that backs the idea he's Tier 6.
Concession is gladly accepted.
I didn't concede my original point; Its attempting to upscale him to something vastly above what's shown, to a character that one tapped him, by using a statement from a character that has made wrong judgement calls multiple times before. I can't prove a negative in this case, so I just said I couldn't do so; that doesn't mean I agree with your idea.

Its not Tier 1 Superman, where there's explicit stuff against it. But its also not something with a solid amount of supporting evidence either.

Ok unless you make an argument Nobody cares
call the big guns
we need....... bernkastelll
I'm giving you three a warning here. Stay on topic or I'm going to start temp banning people.

Derailing is already getting bad and I don't want this thread to get worse.

I dont believe you have cause if you did you would have known we are scaling him to a feat from Saitama and not saitama himself. My logic is valid, supported by the manga and isn’t contradicted by anything. Youre just being arrogant.
Arrogant? Believe me if I was arrogant I would acknowledge it because I am very aware of my faults.

As for you not believing so it's the issue of scaling to Saitama at all. The note on his page literally says "no" to the meteor punch scaling to anyone due to it being Saitama’s attack.

Also you need to consider that it may be an outlier for scaling considering the 6 tier 7 feats that these guys scale to.
The meteor has been calced, lol? Saitama overpowered the meteor he scales above it.
Whats been stated isnt valid? Please quote everything in the op and debunk every argument I have given for lots of characters. If its bad then explain how ill take it youre just being arrogant
It's durability is like High 7-C. He doesn't scale to it there.

Also your the heap of ******* skaven shit who assumes I suddenly became knowledgeable in a few hours. It ain't that easy.

I didn't concede my original point; Its attempting to upscale him to something vastly above what's shown, to a character that one tapped him, by using a statement from a character that has made wrong judgement calls multiple times before. I can't prove a negative in this case, so I just said I couldn't do so; that doesn't mean I agree with your idea.
You were trying argue against being usable, you believed it was a contradiction. By going back and saying theres nothing contradicting it you concede to it being capable of existing in the lore. That character has shown to know the potency of the meteor and saitama overpowered it. Gougetsu being stated comparable to Saitama means Genos, after witnessing his strength, concluded that its greater than that of the meteor. He was so much of a threat Saitama stated he cannot let that thing continue walking. The lore set him out as a big threat that may finally give saitama a challenge and possibly beat him, this is supported by Suiryu having that whole tantrum because he thought saitama would die. The lore wanted us to believe Saitama could lose here. The lore supports this scaling.
Can you show Genos having wrong judgements when it comes to power of things he have seen? Also can you prove they can be equated to this scaling and contradicts it existing? If not then its a false equivalence and doesnt matter

I'm giving you three a warning here. Stay on topic or I'm going to start temp banning people.

Derailing is already getting bad and I don't want this thread to get worse.
All mah said was if he doesnt make an argument his statement doesnt matter. I dont see the problem with that

You were trying argue against being usable, you believed it was a contradiction. By going back and saying theres nothing contradicting it you concede to it being capable of existing in the lore. That character has shown to know the potency of the meteor and saitama overpowered it. Gougetsu being stated comparable to Saitama means Genos, after witnessing his strength, concluded that its greater than that of the meteor. He was so much of a threat Saitama stated he cannot let that thing continue walking. The lore set him out as a big threat that may finally give saitama a challenge and possibly beat him, this is supported by Suiryu having that whole tantrum because he thought saitama would die. The lore wanted us to believe Saitama could lose here. The lore supports this scaling.
Can you show Genos having wrong judgements when it comes to power of things he have seen? Also can you prove they can be equated to this scaling and contradicts it existing? If not then its a false equivalence and doesnt matter
this whole thing about lore hurts my brain
here something on saitamas profile that will help
Saitama is likely far stronger than this depiction of his current feats since he has ended every fight thus far effortlessly
lore has nothing to do with this

That would be unfair to Turnero. If he wants the thread closed while he contacts some admins to weigh in, sure.

But I'm not going to close a thread just because I disagree with it.
an you show Genos having wrong judgements when it comes to power of things he have seen?
He's been wrong before about Tornado before despite seeing her in action. He also has underestimated Saitama's strength multiple times and doesn't get a good idea about his power until after the AG fight.

It doesn't make lore sense. If it made lore sense we'd just have a direct statement about him being stronger than the meteor, as we've seen with Genos' burst mode, or we'd see a feat with Goketsu. We also have a general guideline about Saitama scaling which this would go against.

this whole thing about lore hurts my brain
here something on saitamas profile that will help
Saitama is likely far stronger than this depiction of his current feats since he has ended every fight thus far effortlessly
lore has nothing to do with this
How many times do we have to say that full power saitama isnt a part of the argument its what genos think saitama is capable of and has directly seen with his Own eyes

He's been wrong before about Tornado before despite seeing her in action. He also has underestimated Saitama's strength multiple times and doesn't get a good idea about his power until after the AG fight.

It doesn't make lore sense. If it made lore sense we'd just have a direct statement about him being stronger than the meteor, as we've seen with Genos' burst mode, or we'd see a feat with Goketsu. We also have a general guideline about Saitama scaling which this would go against.
How many times do we have to say that full power saitama isnt a part of the argument its what genos think saitama is capable of and has directly seen with his Own eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back