• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Several OPM character upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mixed the two, but the feat still exist and the reasoning in the OP is still valid
We already scale psykojet to Geno's. Have u read their profiles?

We are not scaling peak Psykorochi to psykojet, which is a heavily weakened psykorochi.

Anyway I'm going back to sleep and I'll go back when I'm more awake

We already scale psykojet to Geno's. Have u read their profiles?

We are not scaling peak Psykorochi to psykojet, which is a heavily weakened psykorochi.

Anyway I'm going back to sleep and I'll go back when I'm more awake
Its listed as city level which shouldnt be the case. Part of the OP specified why her jet form should be higher.
She shouldnt scale exactly to her but she should be in the tier
ok sleep is good i pulled an all nightner so I may also be sleeping soon

Genos got stronger over time, atomic wasnt even there and silver fang not being able to then isnt an argument against him in the current story a feats suggests he is superior
uh, someone being unable to do something is absolutely an argument against them upscaling from that something.

Also the entirety of this argument is based on Genos being right but, Genos doesn't have ESP or something, he can't sense power level or anything, he just saw Gouketsu and thought he was stronger than he really was.

uh, someone being unable to do something is absolutely an argument against them upscaling from that something.
If the series allows its characters to progress in strength and get stronger then a character who in the past couldnt do something then him later in the future with greater feats would suggest he got stronger so theres no contradiction

Also the entirety of this argument is based on Genos being right but, Genos doesn't have ESP or something, he can't sense power level or anything, he just saw Gouketsu and thought he was stronger than he really was.
Genos does have the ability to sense power I thought we saw this.
Also not sure if you remember the chapter but Genos literally fought Gougetsu

If the series allows its characters to progress in strength and get stronger then a character who in the past couldnt do something then him later in the future with greater feats would suggest he got stronger so theres no contradiction
Unfortunately Bang doesn't have those feats, in fact nobody has those feats and this entire thing relies on one comparison from a single character who's often overly dramatic, so the fact that it goes against Bang's power level while Bang hasn't received any boost in power is a pretty huge contradiction.
How do i check this i wanna see what they said
They're in the blog's comments.
Genos does have the ability to sense power I thought we saw this.
Also not sure if you remember the chapter but Genos literally fought Gougetsu
Don't see ESP on his page or anything like that. Besides if he did then he'd know perfectly well Gouketsu isn't comparable to Saitama

Yeah and he got trashed, I could get my ass beat by Muhammad Ali or some featherweight amateur boxer and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Unfortunately Bang doesn't have those feats, in fact nobody has those feats and this entire thing relies on one comparison from a single character who's often overly dramatic, so the fact that it goes against Bang's power level while Bang hasn't received any boost in power is a pretty huge contradiction.
Honestly im not against Bang not scaling to any of those feats as he hasnt really done anything. So ill give that to you, Bang doesnt scalez
They're in the blog's comments.
Yeah I just checked thanks man.
Don't see ESP on his page or anything like that. Besides if he did then he'd know perfectly well Gouketsu isn't comparable to Saitama
He has the ability to sense strength.
Also the fact that he only sensed them being immeasurable when they used more power proves that he only sense current power being used.
So if he sensed the strength of suppressed saitama (he witnessed it so using sensory argument isnt even necessary)
Yeah and he got trashed, I could get my ass beat by Muhammad Ali or some featherweight amateur boxer and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
He can tell the strength of attacks and if he compared his strength to suppressed saitama then he believes Gougetsu could destroy that meteor or scales to it.
Genos is a physical character bounded by the author, the lore doesnt have it set out for him to tell baseless lies like this and wouldnt even make sense for him to. It was meant to give us a sense of uneasyniss and suspense as we were set out to believe saitama would have finally met his match. For genos to lie here would make no sense and he clearly could tell this guy’s power as he could compare it to others, lo

Listen, I could try and bring down your argument or something but I'm just gonna tell you this instead to save your time and mine too, it ain't working, literally nobody in this thread has agreed with you so being stubborn won't really bring any results, you're basing a huge upgrade on incredibly little evidence and nobody's buying it.

Just gonna note that we don’t really take Genos’ statements at face value unless there’s something else supporting them.

Yeah Genos is not a fully reliable source in anyway. The only reason we accepted EC scaling to Gouketsu was because of a few other implications

"Refrain from trying to scale anyone else from Saitama’s attacks, as he is the verse’s god tier and the results of his attacks can be inconsistent."

We aren't scaling anyone to Saitama.

The scaling gets thrown completely out of whack with this.

And the meteor is its own beast. Don't try to scale people above something they literally couldn't stop.

Actually, Genos knew how powerful the meteor was and watched Saitama destroy the same meteor. So if Genos says that someone is comparable to Saitama, that someone is considered at least stronger than the meteor. This is not absurd, considering that Genos has never seen any of Saitama's High 6-A feats

But honestly, I think Murata/ONE just wanted to pass on the feeling of "Oh, new strong enemy" without thinking. And Tier 7 is much more consistent in OPM, like, MUCH more consistent. Characters like HO, who is much stronger than Goketsu, needs dozens of attacks to make a 6-C feat, which is more than 100 times weaker than the meteor

Refrain from trying to scale anyone else from Saitama’s attacks, as he is the verse’s god tier and the results of his attacks can be inconsistent."

We aren't scaling anyone to Saitama.

The scaling gets thrown completely out of whack with this.

And the meteor is its own beast. Don't try to scale people above something they literally couldn't stop.
this isn't scaling anyone to saitama it's genos perception of saitama

this isn't scaling anyone to saitama it's genos perception of saitama
Genos, as said above, hasn't seen Saitama’s High 6-A feats and has seen the Meteor punch as any real show of Saitama’s power. And the meteor itself is just a space rock that doesn't scale to its own AP so that's not even accurate.

no, you are making a consistency argument you need to show a contradiction.
This ain't about contradictions.

Dozens of uncharged attacks resulted in a 7-A+ feat. Attacks that were charged resulted in a 6-C feat.

It's as simple at that. I'm not going to sugar coat this to make you feel better.

This ain't about contradictions.

Dozens of uncharged attacks resulted in a 7-A+ feat. Attacks that were charged resulted in a 6-C feat.

It's as simple at that. I'm not going to sugar coat this to make you feel better.
that just means his explosion aren't that big , with this reasoning rovers bombs whould be 8-A even though they could have killed bang and bomb

that just means his explosion aren't that big , with this reasoning rover whould be 8-A even though they could have killed bang and bomb
Maybe the explosions are the actual force of the attack. Rover isn't being discussed right now, he would scale to bang and bomb anyway if that's the case. And even then if we take Genos's statements for granted we'd have to calculate Saitama punching the meteor, and even then that would conflict with charged attacks (IE not holding back) being below what would surely be calculated there.

I'm arguing consistency.

Anyways, I'm not exactly knowledgeable on OPM, and I really don't want to sully my mood by dealing with a stone waller. Don't expect any other responses from me on the topic of scaling unless it's clear to an outsider.

Maybe the explosions are the actual force of the attack. Rover isn't being discussed right now, he would scale to bang and bomb anyway if that's the case. And even then if we take Genos's statements for granted we'd have to calculate Saitama punching the meteor, and even then that would conflict with charged attacks (IE not holding back) being below what would surely be calculated there.
Right and HE would scale above gouketsu who scales to the meteor. Not holding back doesn't mean your AP and DC are the same

Right and HE would scale above gouketsu who scales to the meteor. Not holding back doesn't mean your AP and DC are the same
But the attacks from someone who isn't holding back was 6-C... the Meteor punch is going to be higher then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back